Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ether Weapons Family Tweaks

Renegade343

Hello all, 

This thread will be detailing a tweak to the Ether weapons, so that they would function better as quick anti-Infested weapons. The content is below: 

The Ether Weapons family are a set of weapons that had one, but memorable use of 'cleansing' Infested allies (and by extension, probably for 'cleaning' up the Infested as well). With Damage 1.0, it actually does its job well, but with Damage 2.0, it is somewhat overshadowed by other Slash weapons (namely, all the other longswords, and some others). While they are discontinued weapons (except for the Ether Reaper), they have a chance to be re-introduced again, but by the time they are re-introduced, it would be blending in with the small pond of longswords, and thus feel a bit like a reskin (not to say some reskins are bad, but too much is a bit bad). 

So, to make the Ether weapons family be more solid as a quick anti-Infested weapon, as well as being unique, each Ether weapon will also deal additional Gas damage (25% of the weapon's damage). This would still fit into their Codex Entries, as it can still 'cleanse' Infested allies with its sharpness and quickness, but with the added bonus of killing the infested cells with the gas, making it more clean. Gameplay wise, that means the Ether weapons will be having a good time slashing away at the Infested with ease (until the Toxic Ancient pops up). 

Please take the time to read this thread, and provide constructive criticism and feedback. 

Renegade343

While they are discontinued weapons (except for the Ether Reaper)...

Wait, aren't only Ether Daggers discontinued? All the others are still obtainable.

Also, I get what you are going for, but Gas just doesn't seem to be a "clean" damage type. Fire Heat damage would be the element to use for that end. I don't think that would set them apart, though, considering we've got Head Swords (Heat slam).

Wait, aren't only Ether Daggers discontinued? All the others are still obtainable.

Also, I get what you are going for, but Gas just doesn't seem to be a "clean" damage type. Fire Heat damage would be the element to use for that end. I don't think that would set them apart, though, considering we've got Head Swords (Heat slam).

You should see what cyanide gas does to organisms. 

Pretty clean (at least, out of all the other gases I know of). 

Gas damage would be interesting. We've got a host of electric weapons for killing corpus, we've got a couple toxic and radiation melees for grineer. Stands to reason that an infested killer would have some innate gas.

Didn't the Ether line deal radiation damage on jump attacks at one point?