Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Line Of Sight Mechanics

dupsnake

With the recent craze of LOS based mechanics DE seem so intent on having in the game now I'd like to point out other issues regarding LOS that should be fixed in order to be more consistent since the only thing LOS appears to apply to atm are our favorite Warframe abilites.

ENERGY LEECH EXIMUS - Why is it okay for these enemy variants to drain our energy through walls with NO visual indication whatsoever? They drain energy at a ridiculous rate and most of the time we have no idea where they are especially when its something stupid like a shield osprey or crawler hiding in a crevice somewhere. At least give them a visual indicator like globe effect similiar to snow globe so we can at least see when we are standing in range of them.

TOXIC AURAS - Same thing applies here, how is fair when I'm not allowed to nuke/disable enemies without LOS but these things can affect me? There is no challenge presented here besides running away until the debuff is gone. With the amount of indoor levels in this game, chances are I'm not going to see this enemy first before I'm already being affected by these damn auras. Another issue is these things appear to STACK (correct me if I'm wrong) so if theres 2 or 3 in range that I can't see, well thats just a lot of frustration.

NAPALMS/BOMBARDS - Any player who has dealt with these enemies at high levels knows that taking cover against their rockets is useless. The explosions go through walls, snow globe, even limbo's goddamn cataclysm (IN ANOTHER DIMENSION). These things are ridiculous and only present challenge in a very cheap way. The explosion graphic does not match the range of how big the actual explosions are and I should not be getting hit through huge metal doors that have already closed behind me.

DE if you are so intent on having LOS mechanics in your game, at least try to be more consistent with introducing these mechanics so it presents a fair challenge rather than nerfing Warframe abilities over and over again. These things do nothing but add more frustration to us as players and ultimately affects our enjoyment of the game.

Edited by dupsnake

As written in another thread:

The whole LOS is an childish holy grail of the devs. They most probably did the programming and after implementation they realised that it is not good. But why not use valuable coding time, so they just put it in.

I am curious when we will get LOS for Stomp. MPrime, Chaos, etc.

It's easier to give non line of sight to enemies, because it will make them harder to kill, and thus increase the difficulty of the game.  It's a horrible mechanic and these nerfs have forced me to make a decision to stop playing this game and to stop spending money.  I am so glad I did not buy any more plat when I got a 75% discount today.  

It's easier to give non line of sight to enemies, because it will make them harder to kill, and thus increase the difficulty of the game.  It's a horrible mechanic and these nerfs have forced me to make a decision to stop playing this game and to stop spending money.  I am so glad I did not buy any more plat when I got a 75% discount today.  

And... you're still posting on the forums? Or did you just start?

I like these ideas. They make the game less punishing. There's no fun in SEARCHING for the Eximus - it's not Waldo.

Yes, I skiped the 75% too, and like you, I am relieved too.

id prefer to stay on topic.

this is about adding LoS mechanics to enemies. something i agree with.

LoS is a classic mechanic found in nearly every FPS game to exist. anything with a grenade, rocket launcher, and tactical nukes.

id prefer to stay on topic.

this is about adding LoS mechanics to enemies. something i agree with.

LoS is a classic mechanic found in nearly every FPS game to exist. anything with a grenade, rocket launcher, and tactical nukes.

I agree, but than should implemented on ALL abilities to ALL frames, not just Excalibur. Fair is fair.

Altough why should be LOS? We are magic ninjas...

This is so bad, i know it was meant to take out that perk which, lets be honest needed to be removed but this feels like punishment to the frames involved.  i mean mag already has problems fighting anyone whos not corpus, and not she has to see them. i mean ship levels are almost impossible now. ya she has crush but with its cast time you can really get #*($%%@ over.   
i understand taking out the perk, but there had to be a better way then messing with Exc, Mag and Trinity.  if this does not change back i might have to retire mag.
please change it back and find another way to remove the perk. Please