Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Up With The Line Of Sight?

MegpoidBeetle

As much as it pains me that Excalibro got nerfed (or "balanced") with the excuse of needing to be able to see or be seen by your enemy, how did Shield Polarize and Energy Vampire get dragged into this? If DE's trying to apply logic to abilities those latter two don't fit under "sight" categories.

So from what I've seen from the update notes, this is how Energy Vampire works now:

Trinity: Oh lookey ima cast Energy Vampire on this Corpus so my teammates can get those lovely energies.

Crewman: *internal screaming*

Broberon: You sure? I don't think I'm getting any energy at all.

Trinity: Has the enemy seen you? Or have you seen the enemy?

Broberon: Uhhh, no? How is that relevant.

Trinity: So yeaa apparently now it's more logical and balanced that you only get energy by looking at a targeted enemy or seen by them.

Broberon: Woman, those energy gets soaked by my Warframe, not by my eyes assuming I have those cuz y'know those are auras after all.

Trinity: It's all logical.

Will the rest of the frames be getting these "balances" as well? Like Blade Storm (which can target an invisible Loki and enemies behind locked doors, wow!), Prism, World On Fire, Tentacle Swarm, Molecular Prime, Reckoning, Tornado, Roar, Rhino Stomp and a lot more to list down.

Edit: Stalker doesn't need Line of Sight to teleport to you, nor does a Grineer Commander needs to see you to ST with you. Lotta LoS logic going on around here.

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

They buffed excal just to nerf him.

They nerfed trinity to make her useless. 

It's just my opinion but LOS is not needed. 

(For certain abilities that make sense like radial blind, okay) 

Edited by RushedByBlade

They nerf 3 Warframes because of one node yeah that makes sense, my dog can see the root of the issue is the Rep grind and not the Warframes.

If you go to Viver tonight you can see there is already new Warframes people are using for the map. 

They nerf 3 Warframes because of one node yeah that makes sense, my dog can see the root of the issue is the Rep grind and not the Warframes.

If you go to Viver tonight you can see there is already new Warframes people are using for the map. 

Well damn they oughta nerf the whole game at this rate.

If you keep finding ways of farming this damn map this is going to end with all Warframes being naked, blind, deaf, famished babies with osteoporosis...

Just crawling around the ground, crying until some enemy gives them the sweet sweet release of death.

1. It takes line of sight from the character, meaning you get a certain distance all around you blocked by cover and corners.

2. It takes line of sight from the camera and this tags enemies (it might only be for x amount of time but that is beyond what I am willing to test at this time of night) even when they go behind cover or around corners.

3.It counts enemies that meets either prerequisite and applies the skill to them.

If you keep finding ways of farming this damn map this is going to end with all Warframes being naked, blind, deaf, famished babies with osteoporosis...

Just crawling around the ground, crying until some enemy gives them the sweet sweet release of death.

If that's what it takes for DE to see there's an issue with the system itself, so be it.

Line of Sight is just the most recent mechanic that DE is getting their jollies off of this week. They have a tendency to put off any significant development until some kind of mechanic is fully programmed, then slap silly said mechanic all over the rest of the game. For a while, it was radiation damage, this time it just happens to be Line of Sight.

That said, the Line of Sight changes are garbage, and need to be dealt with before more of the community uninstalls.

The entire thing is just a braindead attempt to fix Viver, since those were common frames being used on the map. Mag to get rid of shields, Excalibur to stab everything, and Trinity to make the whole thing run. There's a reason why those specific abilities were tampered with.

1. It takes line of sight from the character, meaning you get a certain distance all around you blocked by cover and corners.

2. It takes line of sight from the camera and this tags enemies (it might only be for x amount of time but that is beyond what I am willing to test at this time of night) even when they go behind cover or around corners.

3.It counts enemies that meets either prerequisite and applies the skill to them.

Do appreciate your effort going to nerf rage threads to elaborate for us, but that doesn't excuse the fact that only those three frames were victims of LoS nerfs when there are other frames AND enemies that has abilities that "should be" using LoS.

Line of Sight is just the most recent mechanic that DE is getting their jollies off of this week. They have a tendency to put off any significant development until some kind of mechanic is fully programmed, then slap silly said mechanic all over the rest of the game. For a while, it was radiation damage, this time it just happens to be Line of Sight.

That said, the Line of Sight changes are garbage, and need to be dealt with before more of the community uninstalls.

The entire thing is just a braindead attempt to fix Viver, since those were common frames being used on the map. Mag to get rid of shields, Excalibur to stab everything, and Trinity to make the whole thing run. There's a reason why those specific abilities were tampered with.

Because DE hates frame synergies, right? 

I wholeheartedly agree. But "LOS" seems to be the new catchword around DE...

And the question remains: why not the other frames (not that I want it..)?

Edited by MichaelSD

Do appreciate your effort going to nerf rage threads to elaborate for us, but that doesn't excuse the fact that only those three frames were victims of LoS nerfs when there are other frames AND enemies that has abilities that "should be" using LoS.

Oh I agree with that, however I have a feeling mag and excal are just the test pilots for this, once the community simmers down and sees how it is working I fully expect this to become a rolling change across the board. 

Oh I agree with that, however I have a feeling mag and excal are just the test pilots for this, once the community simmers down and sees how it is working I fully expect this to become a rolling change across the board. 

Don't think the community was over with the Radial Blind change >.> or is it just me, but I just find the Radial Blind LoS change to be underwhelming.

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

Don't think the community was over with the Radial Blind change >.> or is it just me, but I just find the Radial Blind LoS change to be underwhelming.

I'm not 100% certian how radial blind is determining line of sight it may or may not be using the same system, and I am way to tired to go test it out right now lol, especially since it's harder to test than a damage skill.

I'm not 100% certian how radial blind is determining line of sight it may or may not be using the same system, and I am way to tired to go test it out right now lol, especially since it's harder to test than a damage skill.

Used it a couple of times in Void Interception, it's frustrating to recast it especially some enemies didn't got caught in it even with their heads peeking from the pillars and obstacles.

It was not a creative change for sure.

LoS mechanic in a nutshell 

Used it a couple of times in Void Interception, it's frustrating to recast it especially some enemies didn't got caught in it even with their heads peeking from the pillars and obstacles.

LoS mechanic in a nutshell 

That would mean it's not currently using the same system then, since if you camera could see them they would be targeted by the ability.

I wholeheartedly agree. But "LOS" seems to be the new catchword around DE...

And the question remains: why not the other frames (not that I want it..)?

I did say, LoS is just what they're getting their jollies off of this week. Give it another two or three months and they'll be slapping some new mechanic all over Warframe until we hate it and feel it's uninspired too.

I also said, those specific frames were popular on Viver, Eris. This is all just a giant stab at that one node. Some people were getting 20k, even 40k syndicate rep off that place, and there goes all of DE's dastardly planning to keep the community busy for 3 months out the window. I wouldn't be surprised if they started work on this yesterday, got into a heated argument, and then just tossed the update to us however the chips fell. It honestly feels that way at the moment.

But the most important reason why:

Because DE hates frame synergies, right?