Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"the People Have Spoken" What Are The Rest Of The Community Then?

Orbister

What are the ones that didn't agree? animals? monsters?... sub-humans?...

I'm not discussing the nerfs themselves, whatever change made to the frames i choose to believe it was for the best, but really? why does an official statement need to tease players that way?...

If you are really that bothered by the word people, replace it with "players" in your mind and it's fixed. I highly doubt he meant or even implied that the people who did not agree are sub-human or whatever else you want to bring up.

This topic is just asking to stir up unnecessary drama and controversy.

If you are really that bothered by the word people, replace it with "players" in your mind and it's fixed. I highly doubt he meant or even implied that the people who did not agree are sub-human or whatever else you want to bring up.

I don't want to bring anything, i am asking a question, will you share anything related to the topic?

I don't want to bring anything, i am asking a question, will you share anything related to the topic?

I already did. Replace people with players and there is no issue of anyone being sub-human, monsters, etc... It was a poor choice of words and nothing more. You are insinuating that the person who wrote that thinks less of the people who did not agree, so much so that they are no longer "human." That's complete nonsense and you know it.

I think you guys just need to get some thicker skin and stop being overly sensitive to everything. I did not find it offensive or demeaning in any way.

Edited by Seraphyx

They made several messy releases and the house is crashing down on them. Yes, unlucky choice words, but they should have known.

I already did. Replace people with players and there is no issue of anyone being sub-human, monsters, etc... It was a poor choice of words and nothing more. You are insinuating that the person who wrote that thinks less of the people who did not agree, so much so that they are no longer "human." That's complete nonsense and you know it.

I think you guys just need to get some thicker skin and stop being overly sensitive to everything. I did not find it offensive or demeaning in any way.

Ok someone here missed the slight humour here..

They made several messy releases and the house is crashing down on them. Yes, unlucky choice words, but they should have known.

They did make a few messy releases. I'm betting it was written in haste since I recall seeing a post saying they were getting ready to leave after the update. Mistakes happen, people need to stop getting offended over every little thing.

Ok someone here missed the slight humour here..

If there was actually meant to be humour in the OP, yes, I completely missed it. But he seems very serious and intent on "discussing the topic" so I'm just going to assume it wasn't intended to be humourous.

Edited by Seraphyx

No, i am asking what the rest of the community is, whose opinion wasn't reflected on the changes made.

There was a big part of the community before these changes that wasn't pushing DE to nerf this or that, the community was divided before the changes and it is still divided, so i am asking if the "the people" is the portion of the community the put pressure on DE, what is the rest then?

And you are trying to twist my post to whatever suits you, but you are not answering the question, and the question is the topic.

Edit: off course i know we are all people and the guy wasn't insulting anybody (voluntarily)... off course there is some humor involved in this, but the question remains... what the hell is "the people" in know from fact that a lot of the player base didn't want frames getting nerfed... they were probably wrong because i trust DE knows better... but i am sure the people didn't ask for this changes.

How about "We take,DE, responsibility for our mistakes so we nerfed things that were incorrectly overpowered" ?

Edited by Orbister

No, i am asking what the rest of the community is, whose opinion wasn't reflected on the changes made.

There was a big part of the community before these changes that wasn't pushing DE to nerf this or that, the community was divided before the changes and it is still divided, so i am asking if the "the people" is the portion of the community the put pressure on DE, what is the rest then?

And you are trying to twist my post to whatever suits you, but you are not answering the question, and the question is the topic.

And YOU are trying to demonize and twist the words of whoever wrote that. I answered the question twice, sorry it's not the answer you were looking for.

And YOU are trying to demonize and twist the words of whoever wrote that. I answered the question twice, sorry it's not the answer you were looking for.

read my post above, and i don't see your answer, you just said the guy didn't mean any offense.

I am asking you, what the rest of the people is: the ones that didn't ask for frames being nerfed.

As i can see you are quite confused i will tell you what i think: They are people too off course! but they haven't "spoken" at least not positively about these changes.

If he had said "the players have spoken" the issue would remain because half of the community (if not more) disagrees with the changes made.

Is not "the people" is "some people have spoken".

I know "some people have spoken" doesn't sound very catchy, but it's accurate, and "the people have spoken" does sound catchy, witty, and humorous but it's incorrect, and quite unhealthy in my opinion, i don't want anybody putting words in my mouth.

Edited by Orbister

read my post above, and i don't see your answer, you just said the guy didn't mean any offense.

I am asking you, what the rest of the people is: the ones that didn't ask for frames being nerfed.

As i can see you are quite confused i will tell you what i think: They are people too off course! but they haven't "spoken" at least not positively about these changes.

If he had said "the players have spoken" the issue would remain half of the community (if not more) disagrees with the changes made.

Is not "the people" is "some people have spoken".

They are people just like everyone else. Nothing more, nothing less. Question answered.

Now you can stop trying to make out the statement to be some malicious attack on the people who did not want the changes. You are nitpicking tiny mistakes in a statement that was likely written quickly and without much thought. You are making an issue out of absolutely nothing and are only trying to stir up drama.

Mission accomplished.

They are people just like everyone else. Nothing more, nothing less. Question answered.

Now you can stop trying to make out the statement to be some malicious attack on the people who did not want the changes. You are nitpicking tiny mistakes in a statement that was likely written quickly and without much thought. You are making an issue out of absolutely nothing and are only trying to stir up drama.

Mission accomplished.

"the complainers have spoken" is the truth.

i am people, and the whole lot of others that were and are not pleased by the changes made are people too, people as a whole haven't spoken.

btw... what mission?... what was your mission?

Edited by Orbister

Mission accomplished.

Ok you can get out this thread now! Congratulations you are the winner. Here your internet medal!

They did make a few messy releases. I'm betting it was written in haste since I recall seeing a post saying they were getting ready to leave after the update. Mistakes happen, people need to stop getting offended over every little thing.

If there was actually meant to be humour in the OP, yes, I completely missed it. But he seems very serious and intent on "discussing the topic" so I'm just going to assume it wasn't intended to be humourous.

Mistakes happen, no arguments here. But not so many in a row. Not when they are explicitly voted downed, warned, explained by the community. And if all this happens, one should not put up misunderstandable "humour".

Mistakes happen, no arguments here. But not so many in a row. Not when they are explicitly voted downed, warned, explained by the community. And if all this happens, one should not put up misunderstandable "humour".

To me it sounded like they were trying to lighten up the mood and it obviously backfired. If I were in their position I may have said the same thing, or something similar, and never even thought twice that it might be misconstrued as badly as some people have.

They obviously like to joke around a lot, I've learned that much during my time playing and watching the streams.

/shrugs

Mission accomplished.

Erm, I think what the OP is trying to say is this:

"The people have spoken."

Except these changes are by and large not what anyone asked for. So, who are these people who have spoken? Evidently it wasn't the playerbase. {insert joke about people vs monsters here}

Erm, I think what the OP is trying to say is this:

"The people have spoken."

Except these changes are by and large not what anyone asked for. So, who are these people who have spoken? Evidently it wasn't the playerbase. {insert joke about people vs monsters here}

Not arguing with that.

The people who have spoken wanted a solution for Viver, apparently we got one, just not in the way we expected. At all.