Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory About Once Awake Grineer Voices

Brawl499

Not sure if someone's pointed this out already and just got buried, but if anyone's done the brand new Infested intro quest Once Awake, in the first mission you hear two unique Grineer voices with seemingly random models broadcast 1 small transmission each.

On top of both using the same model, one is a female voice tied to the same special, male Lancer model as the male voice. We've already seen Tyl Regor's reworked model (And as far as I know not his voice), and I'm 80% sure Kela De Thaym isn't going to stay the way she is forever, so might those two Grineer be testbeds for reworked Tyl and Kela voices? Aside from Lech Kril, all the reworked Grineer bosses we've seen so far and Sprag/Ven'Kra Tel speak English, so it's not a far-flung thought that they might be giving us a small voice sample before they roll out the main course.

Anybody agree/Disagree? Maybe this is just wild nonsense and I've overthought it?

Tyl, and Tengus are not the same person. So it would be a special model for Tengus instead. Yes I do agree a possibility for new models might be coming. Because lets be honest... I doubt the lancers are female AT ALL. Also surprised they didn't just use sniper avatar instead, or the female heavy.

Tyl, and Tengus are not the same person. So it would be a special model for Tengus instead. Yes I do agree a possibility for new models might be coming. Because lets be honest... I doubt the lancers are female AT ALL. Also surprised they didn't just use sniper avatar instead, or the female heavy.

While I do agree about your point on the Lancers, my point about the female voice was that it might be a test for their rework of Kela De Thaym, which I'd be amazed if that isn't happening somewhere down the line after Tyl Regor and Nef Anyo.

Also it's just as likely that the Male and Female Grineer voices are just the nameless ship commanders of that vessel. I'm 90% sure Dr. Tangus is the one who released the infested on that ship so the random bombard model couldn't have been him.

Just what we need huh? Another infested-obsessed mad scientists, Tangus and Alad would make a good couple.

They sounded like just your regular grunts to me seeing as Kela and Regor have nothing to do with the questline specifically.

The same model being used is likely because they are both just regular troops in standard issue armor (who said there arn't female Lancers out there?).

Edit: you did say test beds. I am dumb.

I bet there is a rework on the way for kela. Pretty keen to see how she turns out.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Also it's just as likely that the Male and Female Grineer voices are just the nameless ship commanders of that vessel. I'm 90% sure Dr. Tangus is the one who released the infested on that ship so the random bombard model couldn't have been him.

Just what we need huh? Another infested-obsessed mad scientists, Tangus and Alad would make a good couple.

I ship them too.