Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You've Lost My Faith For Now

izzatuw

DE used to listen to us, take in our feedback and put it into consideration, but not this time. You have completely disregarded all of our feedback and I doubt you tried to even take a look into it. There were so many ways to deal with the Viver dilemma, yet you guys are capable of giving the worst "solution" I've seen. Guess what you could've easily done to fix this whole Viver dilemma, a simple mission switch or delete the whole node in general. Instead, you completely messed up Mag, Excal and Trinity (again). The changes were unneeded and not required if you had just listen to the community. Do you wanna know why things like Viver were a thing? Because the entire rep system is grindy and garbage. You guys used to listen to the community making the players and the devs have that connection, but you guys are slowly forgetting it, disregarding it. So many threads, so many pages on most of them, none even bothered with. Now, can I ask you guys, if our feedback is even bothered with as of now?

Spoilers, buddy. The devs already know of the great stigma created by this update. They and the moderators browse this forum daily. You think it's impossible for them to not see the hundreds of threads made on this topic?

Take a step back. Calm down.

I can see this comment, but bother to put your advise it into consideration is something different. Now I'm not mad, just really disappointed that this was there way to fix the issue.

Ever wondered if this is all just one really strange coincidence? 

I mean it is possible. 

I find it baffling to see people now think that DE just don't give a rats @$$ about our feedback.

I think they stopped some time ago :/

They will when they start to loose their playerbase...

Edited by tocorro

I mean it is possible. 

I find it baffling to see people now think that DE just don't give a rats @$$ about our feedback.

Wow, ever the optimist huh?

The changes are clearly aimed at Viver, but I'm staying hopeful that it's just temporary until a better solution is implemented. There were a lot of great ideas tossed around on the forums, but they'd take some time to develop fully, as opposed to this, which is a quicker solution. I can't let myself believe that this is the end of the matter.

I think they stopped some time ago :/

They will when they start to loose their playerbas... Just hope it won't be too late then.

So people do think this?

Jesus...

They always look at our feedback and always pay attention to what we say. If they didn't, then so many changes made would have never been made.

You think sniper rifles would never have been buffed without us complaining how useless they were?

You think bugs that would've otherwise never been found would still remain?

Think of everything they've flippin' done that has stemmed from us giving out feedback.

privileged kids throw tantrums when you take away their video games.

nothin new here.

You must be a white knight it seems. I think you should know the difference with an opinion and someone throwing a tantrum.

DE, Y U NERF TEH FRAMES, DAY WUR MY FAVURITE FREMES, I HATEZ YOUZ, I IZ QUIT DIZ GAME.

The changes are clearly aimed at Viver, but I'm staying hopeful that it's just temporary until a better solution is implemented. There were a lot of great ideas tossed around on the forums, but they'd take some time to develop fully, as opposed to this, which is a quicker solution. I can't let myself believe that this is the end of the matter.

Keyword is highlighted in bold.

I never see DE as some malevolent force that doesn't listen to us and messes things up because of their stupidity. Because to think that would itself be risen from stupidity. 

Think back to when Excal got the LoS put on him. 

So now there is another link to it and not just Viver being the cause.

i believe AM-Bunny is on the right track. this is the fastest band-aid DE could come up with to stunt the broken farming mechanics.

ideas to ultimately fix the problems is:

making new, bigger maps.

re-imagining 'nuke' abilities.

suggestions to how rep is collected.

all of these things take weeks/months to create. 

I mean it is possible. 

They have been ignoring a lot of feedback for a while now, it's not hard losing faith in them after a while of this.

They pay just as much attention to feedback as they always have they just do what they want regardless although excalibur's radial blind nerf should have given enough warning that other frames were going to be hit with line of site nerfs.

As far as losing faith in DE goes I lost my faith when the harvester was introduced in the next update after the devstream where DE said that they were trying to reduce the reliance on RNG and grinding.

Stating their thoughts =/= privileged. You come off as a judgmental person with that post.

stating that DE doesnt care is as equally judgmental.

a large portion of people posting in this topic are doing just that, yet im the bad guy for saying "DE aint that bad"

Edited by Satwo

I'm just impressed at how swiftly they hammer anything that could make the game less grindy.

Who-ever is in charge of coming up with ideas (and decisions) to keep the game grindy, is doing an excellent job.

I wonder if making it slightly less grindy will affect finances at all, considering how popular WF is, with the recent rep boosts for winning the MMO showdown and its general popularity in Steam.

Those are my thoughts as well. I am assuming, and hoping, that this was simply a temporary fix due to it being the easiest to implement out of whatever else they may have decided and are working on.

stating that DE doesnt care is as equally judgmental.

a large portion of people posting in this topic are doing just that, yet im the bad guy for saying "DE aint that bad"

No, you're not a bad guy. I got ticked off because you tried to devalue the OP's post by referencing privileged kids and video games. 

I'm just impressed at how swiftly they hammer anything that could make the game less grindy.

Who-ever is in charge of coming up with ideas (and decisions) to keep the game grindy, is doing an excellent job.

I wonder if making it slightly less grindy will affect finances at all, considering how popular WF is, with the recent rep boosts for winning the MMO showdown and its general popularity in Steam.

as far as the PR group is concerned, it would. occupying players with long tasks keeps them around, and the longer they are around the more likely they are to fund the game to gain ingame bonuses.

suggesting that players get more cake in less time means less opportunities to gain money. strait business talk i suppose, but the staff also want the game to be fun. if its not fun to spend time ingame, then PR has no way to keep the players attention. eventually they have to make spending all that time entertaining, and thus is the ultimate struggle for developers.