Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You've Lost My Faith For Now

izzatuw

Don't get me wrong, I will call out DE on something I view stupid. I'm not a white knight who doesn't think DE can do no wrong. No trust me, THEY CAN DO SO WRONG.

But the over-reactions I'm seeing from players is so mind boggling that I honestly feel sick when I see this kind of stuff surfacing. 

Coincidences are what they are. 

Coincidences.

I disagree. If its on a topic that has no end on it and can be discussed then I can have my mind changed.

In this case, I will stick to my guns until Friday.

I'm sorry Erebus, I just can't agree that it is 100% Guaranteed  Coincidence, but that raises the point. We just don't know.

We don't know why they did this and we might not get an answer ever. All we can hope is that all the ruckus the community has brought up about it will make DE state their reasons and if they intend to change their decision or review things. Even then it is possible they will try to give us a designed lie in order to appease people while hiding their true motives.

I know that might sound pessimistic but it is a possibility we cannot ignore, as you stated DE is not a malevolent force, but they aren't exactly a benevolent one. They are a company that seeks to make money, and if their real reasons jeopordize that then we may not get the truth.

Unfortunately this has become something of a Lose-Lose situation for DE, if they do admit to changing it because of Viver then the Community will pick its arms back up and demand the changes be undone and a better solution be found. If they claim it was not because of Viver people will accuse them of lying and further distrust DE, they will also face greater suspicion whenever they make a change, potentially making it harder for them to fix issues.

Either way Friday shall be rather eventful, and I'm curious to see how DE handles the situation, if at all, for all we know they'll just pretend none of the threads exist and that everything is fine.

I'm sorry Erebus, I just can't agree that it is 100% Guaranteed  Coincidence, but that raises the point. We just don't know.

We don't know why they did this and we might not get an answer ever. All we can hope is that all the ruckus the community has brought up about it will make DE state their reasons and if they intend to change their decision or review things. Even then it is possible they will try to give us a designed lie in order to appease people while hiding their true motives.

I know that might sound pessimistic but it is a possibility we cannot ignore, as you stated DE is not a malevolent force, but they aren't exactly a benevolent one. They are a company that seeks to make money, and if their real reasons jeopordize that then we may not get the truth.

Unfortunately this has become something of a Lose-Lose situation for DE, if they do admit to changing it because of Viver then the Community will pick its arms back up and demand the changes be undone and a better solution be found. If they claim it was not because of Viver people will accuse them of lying and further distrust DE, they will also face greater suspicion whenever they make a change, potentially making it harder for them to fix issues.

Either way Friday shall be rather eventful, and I'm curious to see how DE handles the situation, if at all, for all we know they'll just pretend none of the threads exist and that everything is fine.

I never said it was 100% coincidence, I'm just saying the possibility is there.

DE isn't the most transparent company when it comes to their decisions in game. I know this for certain, but I like to hold on to some form of hope.

If they don't even mention it, then that is when I call them out.

All i have to say is ..... STOP NERFING WITH TRIN .... u nerfed trin again ,,, i love trin but DE u just make it harder and harder ... why does e vamp need line of sight and why does even shield polarize need line of sight i get that radial javelin needs line of sight due to the whole radial part of the ability and excal himself . If u need a fix for viver just decrease the spawn rate .. the farming only works on viver no other interception has such a high spawn rate.Just please dont nerf trin more .. and i love mag too .... Just Please Don't DE i beg of you

Edited by K45HISH

These nerfs demonstrate again that DE doesn't see or care about game play.  It's mind is else where.  But, how can DE claim to listen to the players if it keeps destroying game play?

No. They added game play. Now you have to actually play. No more macro business. All this whining is ridiculous.

No. They added game play. Now you have to actually play. No more macro business. All this whining is ridiculous.

gameplay? for kids? for idiots? only 1 mission here t4 surv 2hours + its only 1 thing that can hold veterans, but not much, how many times you see post of high content? anything changes?  no? maybe cause they dont wanna work? it easy just nerf..........

Edited by 2rei

No. They killed the fun of it. Now you can't play as what it's intended to be. No more useful abilities. All this misunderstanding is ridiculous.

Edited by Twilight053

Have to agree, not on the whole ignoring feedback front but rather how unjustified this recent round of nerfs was. Yes Viver was far faster than anything else, even if it was the only reasonable way to gain rep (I never actually played it). Did Viver need a nerf? Yes, does rep gain overall deserve a boost, definitely, are the frame nerfs justified, hell no in my opinion. Instead of fixing the actual issue they simply blunted the weapons that may or may not get used for that purpose.

Because an ability played a part in the Viver Dilemma it, and the frame it belongs to, receives a nerf across the board regardless of the type of gameplay especially when these are I would say some of the slightly lesser used frames now (not that theyre abandoned and I know trinity is great for energy) but there are less players using these frames already. I hope we see these changes reverted and a proper fix to Viver, hopefully with a buff to other node's rep gain but nerfing the frames because they were overpowered in one very specific scenario is just ridiculous.

The problem is even with these fixes they did nothing as a counter measure to help atleast balance the good with the bad. They could have easily doubled the amount of rep you get from syndicate alerts, added more syndicate alerts or any other number of fixes that would have been just as simple in changing a few numbers around than the nerfs they doled out.  

Even if they disabled the node or cut the rep gain, but atleast stated that these measures were temporary or that they were working on a better solution long term would have reduced this issue. 

I'm going to stick by believing in DE as a great developer that cares about the community, but the lack of communication and failure to really effectively judge what players would actually want/enjoy is a bit disconcerting. It's like a restaurant messing up your order, but you like the food so much you just deal with it expecting it to taste good anyway only to realize not only was the order wrong they also burned it. 

The biggest problem about the whole situation is that DE as well as the community are using the wrong approach to designing a new feature as well as dealing with the problems caused by the new feature:

• Players raise the concern that there's a lack of stuff to do
  • DE announces new gameplay feature
  • DE does not involve the playerbase in the design stage
  • DE releases said feature in a massive hype that's been build up over the course of weeks/months
  • Players playtesting the stuff for a while
  • Players start to realize that DE developed a system that is not what players were asking for
  • Players start to find a way around the limitations of the new system rather than going directly to the forum and giving feedback
  • Players create themselves massive imbalances or exploits that start spreading like a virus and severely damages the entire game economy
  • Players start to brag all around the forum of their achievements and others become jealous or start complaining because they can't keep up
  • Forum begins to split up in at least 2 or more parties of varying but opposing opinions on how to handle the situation
  • Forum explodes in massive mudslinging with the overall consensus being that something needs to be done, but nobody really knowing what
  • DE prepares countermeasures by picking a solution out of all of the proposed ones while it is not sure yet what might be the best approach
  • DE doesn't calm down the players by involving said players in said preparations so the mudslinging keeps on
  • DE releases the "fixes"/"changes"
  • Players realize that rather than fixing the core issue that caused all the problems, DE instead tried to fix all the symptoms making things actually worse than they were before
  • Players moving on from mudslinging to a massive meltdown
  • DE doesn't revert the changes back 
  • Players eventually start to accept that nothing is going to change for the better even it leaves a bitter taste in their mouth for future additions
  • Players&DE eventually leave the feature to rot because of how players start to think DE can't fix the problem and DE thinks the players can't be satisfied.
  • Rinse&Repeat

So if DE would have discussed the Syndicate system in the developer workshop months before they started implementing the system then I actually believe that the situation wouldn't have escalated as it has now.

And actually this isn't the first time we are experiencing exactly THAT scheme. It has been like that with the Kubrows, as well as a lot of other stuff that got added/changed over the course.

Edited by Letter13
Edited to confrom with the Community Rules

snip

LOL, you're not a little too much exagerrated , you're extremely exagerrated.

You can think such a thing from companies like ANET, which are real egocentric moneygrabbers.

Let's be honest DE is the best Staff around. And you just can't understand how much respect you should give em.

Simply, disappear from sight.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

LOL, you're not a little too much exagerrated , you're extremely exagerrated.

You can think such a thing from ANET, which are real egocentric moneygrabbers.

Let's be honest DE is the best Staff around.

Welp I have been around the forum for long enough to know that above might be exagerrated but in its core it hits the nail on the head. Otherwise there wouldn't be 100 complain/whine threads and changes to Warframes as well as to a game mode that did not need a change, while the original source of all problems (the Reputation grind) remains untouched.

Also I've served my time in Warframe. I had very much respect for DE, otherwise I wouldn't have bought a Founders Pack, but that doesn't render them perfectly immune to critique.

Edited by MeduSalem

Going to be locking this.

izzatuw and co, I'm sorry to hear you all feel like this, but DE is constantly changing how things work in the game. The most effective way to get things changed is to create objective and level headed feedback (because contrary to what popular belief seems to be here on the forums, DE does in fact want to improve Warframe), not a "all hope is lost" type of thread where you throw their hard work under the bus.

The best process and method for responding/addressing changes you don't like is:

1. Identify and state the change you don't like

2. Say why you feel as though the change is not a very good one

3. Propose alternative changes

Warframe is DE's labor of love; they want to see it succeed and they know that in order for it to succeed they need to make it as enjoyable as possible for as many players as possible. Instead of giving up on Warframe/DE, you should really try to help DE help the game by offering good feedback (good feedback doesn't mean positive feedback; it just means it's feedback without excessive drama, insults, profanity, sensationalism, etc).