Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Lesson Of Life To The Players

Phoenix86

Question

If u got something like a farming strategy,

if u got something like a sweet spot to gather something quickly and efficiently

if u got something "too good to be true"

Dont share it here.

It will be discovered soon or later, but it will take more time at least.

Yes let's not tell the developers that there are problems with the game, like exploiting a mission node.

If the fixes to such problems end up being misguided treatments to the symptom and not the cause, then yeah, we shouldn't share the problems on the official forums.

I'd upvote the OP if I could, but tonight is one of the rare nights where I hit my quota.

players would not resort to this if the grind was not so extreme. but sorry u need to not have a one track mind to see that

Then the players need to share this. If not, how would DE become aware that the grind is becoming too much?

I think of it like this:

If one player complains, then it's not an issue.

If ten players complain, then maybe there's something to it.

If a hundred players complain, there is something to it.

Etc. etc.

Yes let's not tell the developers that there are problems with the game, like exploiting a mission node.

Out of curiosity, haven't you used that strategy as well ?

My gut feeling tells me that you probably already have 2 syndicates maxed. If not more ;]

It was not an exploit, no cheats nor bugs were involved in Viver farming.

I'll tell u this:

- you make that mission the easiest farmable game mode

- you put the weakest enemies in there

- you make a mission with the smallest tileset possible

- you allow the frames most suited to slay said faction and with the biggest range avaiable in game on it

- you put insane lvl on grind for sub-par rewards

And all that comes in mind to fix all of this is to... nerf 3 frames and 1 game mode (THAT OTHERWISE WOULDNT BE TOUCHED?!)

No sorry. the fault was theirs, not ours.

A simple change of tileset to Viver would have "fixed" the problem without the need to nerf all that they nerfed today.

An even better solution (and i made thread about it, but close to none seems to contribute when it's time to bring ideas to the table) could have been to not make rep bound to affinity.

but no... let's nerf.

i'll tell u, nothing will change beside the fact that we will be slightly slower.

We'll find the 2nd best node, with the 2nd best combo of frames and farm the S#&$ out of it.

The forums. how can they not already be aware? three are hundreds of posts complaining about it yet they choose the easy way out

That may be, but it seems that rather than giving it some time, and seeing how things work, the community just got stubborn and started complaining the same instant it was changed.

It is a change, and it will take some getting used to.

You can't grind a million billion XP and syndicate rep in a matter of hours? Well too bad. If things have to be that easy, here's a new game.

Everytime you want to play, just open this link.

That may be, but it seems that rather than giving it some time, and seeing how things work, the community just got stubborn and started complaining the same instant it was changed.

It is a change, and it will take some getting used to.

You can't grind a million billion XP and syndicate rep in a matter of hours? Well too bad. If things have to be that easy, here's a new game.

Everytime you want to play, just open this link.

Dude,

this change WASNT NEEDED, Viver was a Symptom of a DISEASE!

Viver always existed like that and you know what?

None played it before Syndacates like that because IT WASNT NEEDED, there was NO REASON.

They introduced the need of it, we acted in consequence of that, telling them it was TOO MUCH GRIND but NO, nothing changed!

So we adapted and went playing the only mission that could counter their decision and what do they understand from all of it?

That players are demanding less grind? No, that we are abusing a mission and not playing the time they wanted us to play said content.

Maybe they gotta start to ask themselves if they made a content that really is worth all that time, all those hours.

To many of us the answer was simple: NO.

Dude,

this change WASNT NEEDED, Viver was a Symptom of a DISEASE!

Viver always existed like that and you know what?

None played it before Syndacates like that because IT WASNT NEEDED, there was NO REASON.

They introduced the need of it, we acted in consequence of that, telling them it was TOO MUCH GRIND but NO, nothing changed!

So we adapted and went playing the only mission that could counter their decision and what do they understand from all of it?

That players are demanding less grind? No, that we are abusing a mission and not playing the time they wanted us to play said content.

Maybe they gotta start to ask themselves if they made a content that really is worth all that time, all those hours.

To many of us the answer was simple: NO.

They introduced the need for it? With what? Game contend that is more suited for new players who have nothing rather than veteran players who have everything?

Viver wasn't a sympton, or a disease, or even a bug. If anything, Viver was an unintended work-around cause by poor design, for something that wasn't even a problem.

If the rewards from the syndicates aren't worth it, then why are people complaining so much that they can't get everything fast enough?

I don't know yet, I haven't gotten that far.

The syndicate grind wall is steep, if you expect to get through it within a matter of days. If you treat it like what it looks like, content designed for newer players, and content that will become end game while you progress through the rest of the game.

Do DE make questionable decisions that seem rushed and badly thought out? Yes, surely.

Should DE take note of the things the community say? Absolutely.

Should the community rise in an incoherrent uproar the very moment something is changed, that forces them to adapt and farm numbers elsewhere? No.

They introduced the need for it? With what? Game contend that is more suited for new players who have nothing rather than veteran players who have everything?

Viver wasn't a sympton, or a disease, or even a bug. If anything, Viver was an unintended work-around cause by poor design, for something that wasn't even a problem.

If the rewards from the syndicates aren't worth it, then why are people complaining so much that they can't get everything fast enough?

I don't know yet, I haven't gotten that far.

The syndicate grind wall is steep, if you expect to get through it within a matter of days. If you treat it like what it looks like, content designed for newer players, and content that will become end game while you progress through the rest of the game.

Do DE make questionable decisions that seem rushed and badly thought out? Yes, surely.

Should DE take note of the things the community say? Absolutely.

Should the community rise in an incoherrent uproar the very moment something is changed, that forces them to adapt and farm numbers elsewhere? No.

So you basically agree with me that is their fault but you disagree on the reaction we had? (i got it right?)

To me the reaction is fairly proportional to its cause.

The impact of this on Mag and Cali is... apocalyptic. Line of Sight on the 2 frames with the widest abilities and close to nothing to make up for them?

Hell the uproar has all the reasons to be here.

Overall because they were not a problem, the map tileset was the problem if anything.

They should have changed that, not render 3 frames even more useless than they already were

So you basically agree with me that is their fault but you disagree on the reaction we had? (i got it right?)

To me the reaction is fairly proportional to its cause.

The impact of this on Mag and Cali is... apocalyptic. Line of Sight on the 2 frames with the widest abilities and close to nothing to make up for them?

Hell the uproar has all the reasons to be here.

Overall because they were not a problem, the map tileset was the problem if anything.

They should have changed that, not render 3 frames even more useless than they already were

Yeah you understood my point all right :)

LoS on Excal makes sense, considering how it's a physical thing.

LoS on Mag doesn't make sense, because of how magnetisme works. I'm no physisist or anything, but having seen how magnets can work through materials, LoS is just wrong on Mag.

Let's assume that the XP and rep farming on Viver was going to be prevented one way or the other.

If DE had made a change to the way the mechanics work, it would have had an effect on the rest of the game as well, where to "issue" didn't exist.

By changing what they did, they contained the nerf and didn't cause problems elsewhere.

The uproar does have its place, but not now. in a couple of weeks, if things turn out to be game breaking (I bet they won't) and water starts comming out of peoples keyboards. Right now, the uproar seems like a compilation of incoherrent rants by people why got mad that their candy got taken away from them, and didn't take the time to consider why.

I'm not saying this is the case all around, but it looks like it in most of the cases.

All of this is why I don't agree with OP.

People should share their tactics, tricks, tips and work-arounds.

If something turns out to verge on what you could call an exploit, or just clever use of game mechanics, DE should, and probably will, fix it.

If not, someone  else might put it to good use, and get a better experience from paying Warframe.

LoS on Excalibur might have had sense before its rework,

i clearly remember the new description they gave it and there's no reason for the latest RJ version to have LoS

Ofc nor Mag should have LoS as you said

Those nerfs are indeed affecting the whole game! the whole game of those 3 frames, anywhere they'll go they'll be nerfed!

The only reasonable nerf was and always is: change Viver's tileset to a bigger one.

And this should be a temporary solution because the real issue is the abismal rep gains all over the solar system because how crappy it got bound to affinity gains.

This is not the way to handle things and there's no need of "weeks" to understand it.

i would like to make an IRL example but i dont know how to translate it in english damn :(

LoS on Excalibur might have had sense before its rework,

i clearly remember the new description they gave it and there's no reason for the latest RJ version to have LoS

Ofc nor Mag should have LoS as you said

Those nerfs are indeed affecting the whole game! the whole game of those 3 frames, anywhere they'll go they'll be nerfed!

The only reasonable nerf was and always is: change Viver's tileset to a bigger one.

And this should be a temporary solution because the real issue is the abismal rep gains all over the solar system because how crappy it got bound to affinity gains.

This is not the way to handle things and there's no need of "weeks" to understand it.

i would like to make an IRL example but i dont know how to translate it in english damn :(

I feel like I should reply to this somehow, but it'd just be a different way of saying what I already have.

I don't think we'll agree on this anytime soon. Not 100% anyway.

People are saying the rewards aren't that great but they still want them anyway.  That's human nature especially in Warframe.  

I'm sure some of the rewards are fairly good but are they good enough that after grinding Rep points at the current (non-Viver) rate for six months I have enough to get one Mod.  After sacrificing a Forma, Potato and two Prime parts (and not even junk ones) to get there.  It had better be damn good