Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe More Tactical Covering.

IfritKajiTora

I will write it short.

Beggining of the game: You make small amount of damage so enemies are preety hard to kill, several shots are needed. And they make preety heavy damage to you because you have only aorund 100 shield and 100 health. But there are not that much enemeis so you need to cover behind the walls or something and make good decisions, you can even sneak around and kill them from behind.

Later in game: You make a huge amount of damage so enemies are killed just by one shot, it's just boring. They are making some damage to you but you can just rush forward kill everyone just like that by one shot running around. There are so much enemies around spawning randomly behind you for example you can't cover behind something because they are everywhere. The best tactic is just run randomly around and kill them as fast as possible to reduce damage.

What is neede to change to Warframe be exciting as it was on the beggining:
-Reduce amount of enemies at higher levels survivals, defences etc. For example If now enemeis can spawn around 50 per several seconds or max on the map then it needs to reduce to around 15 enemies on the map or per several seconds.
-The higher level of enemies the more damage they make and Harder to kill are: For example on Level 30 enemy raise their Health by 500% and damage to 300%.
-No random spawning enemies, all modes except Defence, Survival and Interception should be maked the same way as Exterminate, if you kill all enemies around they will not shown up. When you will make your mission and need to head to extraction point enemeis will shown up randomly and again if you will kill all of them there will be no enemies spawning, not single one. So there is no option to enemies spawn behind you and shot you.
-If amount of enemeis are refuced then Survival mode enemies should get more % chance to drop Oxygen, or make it drop from every 5killed enemies that same with Health orbs.
-Now enemies will be more stronger so damage in Warframe powers need to get more damage.
-About low level missions level 1-3 enemies are strong for new players so they will not have raised more health and damage just difference beetwen level 3 and 30 enemies will raise by 500% of health and 300% of damage.
Example: Now in warframe: Level 1   greeniers Health 100     damage 10
                                             Level 30 greeniers Health 2000   damage 50
                after change:        Level 1   greeniers Health 100     damage 10
                                             Level 30 greeneirs Health 10000 damage 150

500 health% and 300% damage is just for example Devs will test it and make own % boost.
-Enemies will get more % status chance, so even low leveled enemies will still make something to your high leveled Warframe, so you will still need to cover.

After these changes Warframe will be that same hard as it was on the beggining. Hard to kill enemies, heavy damage, less amount abble to cover, so you will need cover to survive and make decissions. No more running around and kill everything with one shot.
And less FPS drops. Problem in Warframe is that, that there are spawning too much enemies and it causes game to drop FPS, with less enemies the game will drop less FPS.

PS: It should be short but still long post XD, I could't write it shorter : D

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I can't believe what I just read, are you serious ?? all of this after yesterday's nerf ?

More cover is the last thing this game needs that and los are the worst idea ever. The one thing that sets WF apart from every other game is the MOVEMENT/PARKOUR FLUIDITY.

Hard to kill enemies is NOT fun FFS, you know whats fun ? running around flying like a ninja and killing everything around you, not standing behind cover and taking them out one by one.

I'm sorry but nerf cryers are ruining the game and it seems like they are winning. DE as always stated this is not a cover shooter, looks to me like they are changing their mind about that (grineer aimbot not getting fixed) oh well I might change my mind about playing anyways, finally can start playing something else !

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

More cover is the last thing this game needs that and los are the worst idea ever. The one thing that sets WF apart from every other game is the MOVEMENT/PARKOUR FLUIDITY.

Hard to kill enemies is NOT fun FFS, you know whats fun ? running around flying like a ninja and killing everything around you, not standing behind cover and taking them out one by one.

If the game not need to cover when it is shoting game then it have no sense becuase you will always be shoted. Later in game in Warframe it causes you to Force move to extraction because you can't survive, no chance, until you have OP warframe Skill. Running around and shot everything is boring, if you don't have high leveled warframe with Reactor you have no chance. While in game you can cover, with weak Warframe you just need to be more carefull and you have chance to pass the mission.

Hard to kill enemis is not fun. If enemies have too much health for example one huge boss that you damaging him for 15minutes - 1 hours and then he died after that, its just repetive game because you make these same things, combo, dodge, combo, dodge its boring. But I don't want it in game. I just want to enemies not being killed by one shot.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

If the game not need to cover when it is shoting game then it have no sense becuase you will always be shoted. Later in game in Warframe it causes you to Force move to extraction because you can't survive, no chance, until you have OP warframe Skill. Running around and shot everything is boring, if you don't have high leveled warframe with Reactor you have no chance. While in game you can cover, with weak Warframe you just need to be more carefull and you have chance to pass the mission.

Hard to kill enemis is not fun. If enemies have too much health for example one huge boss that you damaging him for 15minutes - 1 hours and then he died after that, its just repetive game because you make these same things, combo, dodge, combo, dodge its boring. But I don't want it in game. I just want to enemies not being killed by one shot.

The whole point of progression is to make more damage MORE everything, when I started playing I said I want them to die faster, and faster and faster, why do you max serration and then wonder why they die in one shot... don't max your gear maybe ?

The problem of always getting shot is because of the aimbot grineer which is supposed to be a bug (starting to doubt that). This game was perfectly fine before all of this, key word is WAS.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I can't believe what I just read, are you serious ?? all of this after yesterday's nerf ?

I'm sorry but nerf cryers are ruining the game and it seems like they are winning. DE as always stated this is not a cover shooter, looks to me like they are changing their mind about that (grineer aimbot not getting fixed) oh well I might change my mind about playing anyways, finally can start playing something else !

People complain about the core mechanics of the game needing enhancements/revisiting and here is a good solution. Btw don't drag that Viver/nerf cr*p into threads that aren't even relevant to it. It's promoting flame wars in threads that don't even cover the same topic.

I personally think its a good idea. But unfortunately having a good idea of what DE wants (AKA not DarkSector all over again)... unlikely to be used imo, which is a shame. +1 anyway for good luck.

Edited by KilelrDrone492

Cover wouldn't work in this game, period. You would get surrounded in less than a second and would die, because if cover was added then enemies would have to do more damage to compensate for you basically being able to stop attacks by hiding, the ENTIRE game would need rebalancing, Not to mention that people just plain don't want to play that way, you're a space ninja not a soldier. The game was built from the frame up to not incorporate a cover system, and I don't want the game ruined just to add an annoying feature, that being said you can crouch behind a crate if you want, things don't die in one hit in the levels that are above level 30 or in T4 so, play in the higher levels if you want a challenge.

Edited by Fenrir121

The point of this post is covered in nightmare missions, however, giving the same experience with a new wf and a maxed one is completelly pointless, as you max your wf you become something diferent, changing your play style, thus, in order be forced to play tactial covering go into nightmare missions, OR, you can always upvote the hardcore mode idea ;D ---> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341404-add-hardcore-warframe-mode/#entry3817301 

Cover wouldn't work in this game, period. You would get surrounded in less than a second and would die, because if cover was added then enemies would have to do more damage to compensate for you basically being able to stop attacks by hiding, the ENTIRE game would need rebalancing, Not to mention that people just plain don't want to play that way, you're a space ninja not a soldier. The game was built from the frame up to not incorporate a cover system, and I don't want the game ruined just to add an annoying feature, that being said you can crouch behind a crate if you want, things don't die in one hit in the levels that are above level 30 or in T4 so, play in the higher levels if you want a challenge.

I didn't writed to add cover system. You can cover in Warframe in any time you want. but It's just useless because the higher level of enemies the more enemies are here and you have no chance to take cover behind something because they are everywhere.

About getting to T4 high leveled enemies, yes OK but the higher level they have the more they are and you don't have any chance to cover behind something you will always get shoted, any where you are so if you don't have enough high shield and not OP skills like invisibility, you are forced to end mission. And thats what I'm talking about, you can't be very good in this game, because you don't need to make decissions when to shot, move , cover etc, you just randomly run around to avoid some bullets but ofcourse you can't avoid all and shot to everything.

In some Games MMORPG where you have Block and dodges if you are enough good you can kill 20-40 monsters without getting any damage, because you was careful, concentrated and you are skilled in that.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

The whole point of progression is to make more damage MORE everything, when I started playing I said I want them to die faster, and faster and faster, why do you max serration and then wonder why they die in one shot... don't max your gear maybe ?

Why I should not max my gear if I can do it? This is a part of a game.

I know it's not MMORPG game, but in every MMORPG the more you play the enemeis are stronger than on the beggining, even if you max as high as possible your gear they are getting stronger and stronger. To get strong enemies in Warframe you need to grind on Defence or Survival play a long time and then you have high leveled enemies, but then the higher you go the more you have no chance, because you can't dodge bullets until you have OP frame like Loki with invisibility or something else. There is too much enemies to take cover. While in for example Mmorpg with swords dodges and guard etc you can not get any single damage if you are enough good. In this game even if you are very careful and skilled you are not abble to avoid all bullets, and this what is called nonsens. You are forced to end mission.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

What are you on about? Parkour is the last thing that's been a main selling point for Warframe the past year. Sure it works as a commercial draw for new players, but it's hardly a focus-point in the game. The only thing the movement has going for it is that you can run somewhat fast. If parkour really is supposed to sell Warframe, then they have to get around to Parkour 2.0 sooner rather than later. 

Hard enemies can be fun to kill, but that depends entirely on how it's done. If it's a plain HP/Armor/Shield boost, then no thanks. When enemies require certain conditions to be met mid-combat in order to kill it, enemies that make you prioritize and be aware of it, that it has a presence in the chaos, that's when things become interesting. Personally I am of the belief that challenge is something more valuable than simple godmode, and is something you should strive to overcome, and that's where my fun comes in. This game doesn't really provide challenge, just endless amounts of cannon-fodder. 

But seriously, no need to completely overreact.