Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reasons Why These Nerfs Wont Stop Viver From Being The Best Spot

Phoenix86

- Frames got nerfed ---> Frames can be replaced/repositioned

- Point capture got nerfed ---> We will do more rounds

- Map tileset is still the same ---> We are still able to kill them all (they'll just need to move 10-15m nearer to us)

We got other frames without LoS problems,

We got other ways to re-gain energy

We wont change map

You got us slowed down by 50%? It doesnt matter, Viver is still 1000% faster than ANY OTHER MAP (down from 5000% faster), you just made most of ur community angrier

I tell you now DE... you are gonna fix all this mess the way WE suggesting:

- change map's tileset (or faction there)

- fix rep gains on REST OF THE SYSTEM

or you gonna need to:

- NERF all frames with ultis that haven't LoS problems

- NERF all sorts of energy restore

and i guess you know what this might bring if you do...

On a side note i would like to ask these 2 questions:

- how do you think to recover the gap just created between those players who farmed Viver 24/7 till now and those who didnt?

- so fast with the nerf hammer, so SLOW buffing, can you explaine this??

I think the problem is not viver, but the horrible way DE implemented reputation and the whole system, this game is about coop and Warframes working together, but now that we have a place where Warframes work well together we get punished for it and stuff gets nerfed.

I mean a team of uncoordinated people without the right frames got raped on viver due to the high enemy count and level.

Edited by Genoscythe

Even if all frames get LoSed I think there are maps which work as good as Viver and dont have the LoS problem at all. Plus I can even imagine at least one map where it might be possible to gain way above average reputation by using weapons only...

Lets see how many frames will get nerfed without any significant reduction in rep farm before the cause is questioned.

Edited by AdFinitum

The vocal minority on the forums are just as much to blame as the people that used Viver. Viver was not a bug, was not an exploit, it was players using :gasp: teamwork :gasp: to achieve a goal, while min maxing a frame for a very specific purpose. Thanks to all the people crying on the forum we got a game wide change to interception and 3 frames nerfed.

Nerfing Viver and ESPECIALLY nerfing those frames doesn't fix the problem, which was never Viver in the first place, it was the horrendous way Syndicate XP is earned. 30 XP for an exterminate, which means around 840 runs for 1 mod. Is it any wonder people min maxed for the best farming spot.

I think the problem is not viver, but the horrible way DE implemented reputation and the whole system, this game is about coop and Warframes working together, but now that we have a place where Warframes work well together we get punished for it and stuff gets nerfed.

I mean a team of uncoordinated people without the right frames got raped on viver due to the high enemy count and level.

thats what i said.this is not moba game.why nerf?this is coop.why need balancing so much?if too strong its ok to nerf a bit.but nothing wrong there.its not everyone play excal,trinity,etc.we still play using other frame as well.

i already play this one year.guess what?viver is the best match making so far.otherwise i need to wait hours to get teammate to play in other node.De think we all have friend that can play.some of us dont.like growns up dont have time to play.only myself have that time.

built comunity to help each other.thats so sweet ,but this is real world.no one care you want hunt where.if you need open all map .or you need to hunt something.you need to do it yourself.other player have diffrent goal and other thing to pursue.its hard to find someone have the same goal as you.hence hours match making(not counting session unavalible,session failed,connection failled)

this is coop game right?viver is the proof people coop.there is a chance that we can failed in viver if we cant work together or someone messed up.we already unity to coop now De nerf some of us?so whats the point?so we cant coop?make it harder?what the purpose of that nerf?there is no loss by not nerfing.no one like.damn excalibur beats me .its not versus game.

Edited by Dante_Hayashi

The simple answer is that DE is trying to impede our progress as opposed to making the system better. 

What do you mean by better? The game has been RNG based to enhance its life span up to recently, the Syndicates are grind based, no matter what method DE uses for it the idea is that it is supposed to take time. 

Would you rather have the syndicates RNG based with the most desired items having 0,015% drop chance?

At least the way it is now people know how much effort they need to invest to get what they want instead of hoping they get lucky.

The vocal minority on the forums are just as much to blame as the people that used Viver. Viver was not a bug, was not an exploit, it was players using :gasp: teamwork :gasp: to achieve a goal, while min maxing a frame for a very specific purpose. Thanks to all the people crying on the forum we got a game wide change to interception and 3 frames nerfed.

Nerfing Viver and ESPECIALLY nerfing those frames doesn't fix the problem, which was never Viver in the first place, it was the horrendous way Syndicate XP is earned. 30 XP for an exterminate, which means around 840 runs for 1 mod. Is it any wonder people min maxed for the best farming spot.

+1

After the update, I tried to play as excalibur. Every time I wanted to cast RJ, I would go down bcoz I have to stand in front of the enemies and it takes forever to cast. I am sure there is an optimal game-style that can be found but when I can use other frames why bother. So excalibur is back on the list of frames that I won't be using. The RJ buff lasted a few weeks that was really exciting. Pity to see it go away.

- how do you think to recover the gap just created between those players who farmed Viver 24/7 till now and those who didnt?

There is no recovery. The syndicate mod prices went down to 80p or so recently. I am guessing that with these changes, the mods will go back to skyrocketing prices. Yay for everyone who farmed before the update. I really hope the rep system is fixed. Its going to be so hard to get a single mod now. I played Viver (2 rounds) with a random squad and we got 400 rep total. 

Edited by democrator

What do you mean by better? The game has been RNG based to enhance its life span up to recently, the Syndicates are grind based, no matter what method DE uses for it the idea is that it is supposed to take time. 

Would you rather have the syndicates RNG based with the most desired items having 0,015% drop chance?

At least the way it is now people know how much effort they need to invest to get what they want instead of hoping they get lucky.

Problem is, the rewards given arent proportional to the effort...

Dafuq if i had to gain 50 rep/mission and need 200'000 rep for a single mod that mod better be nuke the S#&$ the moment i click it,

reality is: they are mediocre at best... and i aint gonna waste my time for that, i got (we) to optimize the time, be efficient. and that's what we did.

Overall is a grind in a 1 year+ old content to get some to use in... wait for it... 1 year+ old content

but i'm going off topic... and you with me.

problem is, they cant keep going this way because they are going to destroy themselves

Edited by Phoenix86

Here is one way to make the Syndicate system better while keeping the grind element:

Exterminate lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points

Sabotage lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points

Capture lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points

Defence lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points per 5 waves

Survival lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points per 5 min

Interception lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points per round.

Exterminate lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points

Sabotage lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points

Capture lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points

Defence lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points per 5 waves

Survival lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points per 5 min

Interception lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points per round.

etc...

In defence missions the rep reward will increase with each 5 waves if the enemy level reaches the next stage off course.

Meaning if you started a lvl 8 missions and the enemies are lvl 12 the next 5 waves, you'll get 100 rep for the first 5 waves and 200 rep for the 2nd 5 waves. Same goes to Survival and Interception.

PS: Just throwing some random numbers as an example to get my point accross.

Edited by KingTaro

lol... went to vivir with a pug... 2 of them was below Mrank 6 and i had to go afk for allmost 5 min and we had no problems at all...

made it to round 12 or 14 before i had to leave...

lol... went to vivir with a pug... 2 of them was below Mrank 6 and i had to go afk for allmost 5 min and we had no problems at all...

well pugs arent always bad... but you cant deny that if a lvl 40+ tech hits you with more than 4-5 bullets you are probably downed already

Yet again... this is off topic and i'm going OT in my own thread to answer lol

Edited by Phoenix86

Problem is, the rewards given arent proportional to the effort...

Dafuq if i had to gain 50 rep/mission and need 200'000 rep for a single mod that mod better be nuke the S#&$ the moment i click it,

reality is: they are mediocre at best... and i aint gonna waste my time for that, i got (we) to optimize the time, be efficient. and that's what we did.

Overall is a grind in a 1 year+ old content to get some to use in... wait for it... 1 year+ old content

but i'm going off topic... and you with me.

problem is, they cant keep going this way because they are going to destroy themselves

I was going to type a long reply but you are right, we are going off topic. Overall I agree with you.

Here is one way to make the Syndicate system better while keeping the grind element:

Exterminate lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points

Sabotage lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points

Capture lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points

Defence lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points per 5 waves

Survival lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points per 5 min

Interception lvl 1 to 10: Guarantied 100 Syndicate points per round.

Exterminate lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points

Sabotage lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points

Capture lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points

Defence lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points per 5 waves

Survival lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points per 5 min

Interception lvl 11 to 20: Guarantied 200 Syndicate points per round.

This would make the grind shorter then the eternally long grind DE seem to want us to go through. But I agree with you that the difficulty level of the mission should be more apparent in the rep gain. 

Having a 10 rep point difference between a Ceres and a Earth exterminate is not really fair.

Player skill and masteryrank are two different things... Went with a MR 16 loki prime who was too stupid to radial disarm and had invis build, we had to leave after round 2.