Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Agree With The Mag Nerf.

Archaic_

Unless mag has some kind of radar in her hemlet that allows her to see trough walls, not to mention pin point precision, to hit an enemy i dont see the problem... Same thing in real life, you dont shoot trough the door if you dont see the enemy, its a waste of ammo and if the enemy isnt there you just alerted them.

Magnetism doesn't require LoS to work. As long as the force exerted by the poles can be felt by each other, there can be 100 boxes in the room, they will still attract

Mag is THE corpus killer. Corpus maps are full of little rooms, cuniculuses, air vents and boxes. The enemies can easily run outside your field of view or just hide themselves:

Mag is dead.

Shes still the corpus kiler

Corrupted as well

Her powers hurt

I never thought of the ability as localized EMP pulse.  It's called shield polarize, and it destructively collapses enemy shields.  That's weird enough to be a 'magic like thing' on it's own, without trying make it like anything remotely real.

Not sure I've got an opinion on the change, really, but I don't think attributing this or that trait of real world stuff to the power helps anyone's argument.

the problem with LoS is not the 5s window.

Its that you cant hit all enemies in the area of effect

mags SP allways depended on CLUSTERED enemies with shields

If you miscasted only 1 SP to early and not enough enemies were in the vicinity of an enemy with a shield the skill became useless because the shield was depleted.

Well that was a bummer but it was ok considering how good this skill is

But that move right there with adding LoS too?

DEs going too far with this

Theres simply no point in playing a frame anymore... TY just ruined a good frame

Well I better move on to another one that will get nerfed too sooner or later

They have destroyed Mag with this update. All her survivability depended on shields. Now she can't polarize her shields. Her role as a support is useless now. I don't give a crap about her ability to kill corpus with polarize. To control corpus we can use pull(I hope they won't nerf it next time so it'll be only "melee-range/9000sec cooldown"). Everything that I cared about this skill is an ability to restore party's shields. Now it's useless. I'll be hoping for DE to change their minds and fix it cause Mag's my favorite warframe.

Edited by Bearded_Donut

Any force required to magnetize a human being enough to actually throw them through the air would basically just leave a crater wherever the force came from. 

Just one problem: All enemies you face wear metal based armor (ferrite, rubedo, etc). Kubrows have collars and probably cybernetics as well.

(Infested are also corpses of the other two faction & generally have their armor still incorporated into their design.)

So far you haven't really faced a truly organic opponent. (Even feral kubrow "are also likely to collect nearby loot (resources, ammunition) for their den in passive state.") -wiki

So who knows how much metal they've accumulated over the years.

Edited by MagicHamsta

They have destroyed Mag with this update. All her survivability depended on shields. Now she can't polarize her shields. Her role as a support is useless now. I don't give a crap about her ability to kill corpus with polarize. To control corpus we can use pull(I hope they won't nerf it next time so it'll be only "melee-range/9000sec cooldown"). Everything that I cared about this skill is an ability to restore party's shields. Now it's useless. I'll be hoping for DE to change their minds and fix it cause Mag's my favorite warframe.

As a Mag Prime I share your pain, it's horribly inconsistent with her other abilities not requiring a line of sight, and defies the laws of magnetism to make this happen. The fact that they had done this in response to one exploit , along with all other frames that were involved, just rubs salt on the site of amputation. I'm hardly enough of an idealist to think that DE will reconsider.