Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give One Good Reason Viver Couldn't Have Been Changed To A Survival Mission Instead

DivisionByZero

Simple solution that would have taken minimal time/effort and cause minimal problems: Change Viver to a survival/defense/excavation mission or something. This could even be a temporary change until Viver can be properly reworked as an interception.

That way, there would be no more Viver farming, and everyone else is happy. But instead, DE had to go and nerf around the problem. Instead of changing/nerfing Viver, update 15.2 nerfs everything around Viver while ignoring the actual mission.

-------------------

"Excalibur's Radial Javelin and Mag's Shield Polarize no longer ignore line of sight".

-> This is seriously bad balancing. Shield Polarize is incredibly situational - unimpressive most of the time and imbalanced otherwise. This is because Corpus and Void are the only factions that regularly use shields. The Radial Javelin nerf sets an even worse precedent - it's supposed to be an ultimate ability. Most ultimate abilities should ignore line of sight, after the nerf there's no reason to use Excalibur anymore. Radial Blind? LOS-blocked. Radial Javelin? LOS-blocked. Super Jump? Just get Zephyr instead. Slash Dash? Get Rhino instead.

"Trinity's Energy Vampire now only affects allies within line of sight of its target"

-> This is completely uncalled for. Just because Energy Vampire was overused in one mission means that the entire ability gets nerfed into the trash bin? Trinity is already weak after her ultimate ability was nerfed several updates earlier.

Limbo nerfs:

-> Way to effectively throw the newest frame out of the game. Might as well remove Limbo altogether as it isn't useful for anything except trolling.

Interception mission nerfs:

-> So just because of Viver, no more Interception missions can be soloed? Enemies start with every point? This means that the old tactic of capturing points ahead of a group of enemies wouldn't even work properly anymore.

There is no valid reason to "nerf around the problem". Just nerf Viver, change it to a different mission type, and be done with it.

-------------------

I'm not even looking forward to future balance changes after this entire disaster because they will probably wreck the game even further.

I call for everyone to stop requesting nerfs from now on.

Stop asking for Boltor Prime nerfs. If the Boltor Prime ever gets nerfed, it will probably look something like:

-Rifles: maximum ammo decreased to 100.

-Serration: damage per rank decreased to 8% per rank.

-Rifle elemental damage upgrades: decreased to 5% per rank to keep them in line with slash/puncture/impact upgrades.

I also call for an explanation with a very good reason of why these nerfs shouldn't be immediately reverted and Viver changed to a different mission type as a temporary solution.

Even if viver was changed to survival, the same thing would have happened. DE chose to nerf the abilities that made farming Viver efficient. For this, the only people to blame was the community - its not DE's fault. 

People wanted a nerf to viver: this is by far the heaviest but most efficient.

Even if viver was changed to survival, the same thing would have happened. DE chose to nerf the abilities that made farming Viver efficient. For this, the only people to blame was the community - its not DE's fault.

Your post makes no sense.

"Even if viver was changed to survival, the same thing would have happened."

-> Are you saying that if Viver is changed to survival and the nerfs are reverted, people will still be able to sit in a corner, spam their abilities, and win the game?

"People wanted a nerf to viver: this is by far the heaviest but most efficient."

-> People wanted a nerf to viver; instead, a bunch of frames and every Interception mission were nerfed instead.

I really wish I could downvote your post. Clearly you lack some information. Viver was so efficient due to being a small map with a high spawn rate. Both the amount of enemies and the low potential for lost XP due to being out of range of sharing made it (and still, make it) a viable farm. They didn't fix Viver. They made it marginally more difficult at the cost of three niche frames being even less useful. The rep system is the underlying issue here. It's the waitwall and grindwall in another form, it's fine for new players, but poorly thought out as "endgame". The community isn't to blame, DE's design for the rep system, as well as the game at large is to blame. We're humans, we have a finite amount of time to play games, finding efficient farming methods is basically taught to us by society in general, if not just online games. Want more money in less time? Find a better paying job so you can get paid more and work less. Same idea for reputation. Work smarter, not harder. The gains for a  non-Syndicate mission are utter garbage in most cases, and the increase in rep gain from Syndicate missions is paltry at best.

Your post makes no sense.

"Even if viver was changed to survival, the same thing would have happened."

-> Are you saying that if Viver is changed to survival and the nerfs are reverted, people will still be able to sit in a corner, spam their abilities, and win the game?

"People wanted a nerf to viver: this is by far the heaviest but most efficient."

-> People wanted a nerf to viver; instead, a bunch of frames and every Interception mission were nerfed instead.

Yes and yes - I did not want to retype this as I posted that on another thread. 

I really wish I could downvote your post. Clearly you lack some information. Viver was so efficient due to being a small map with a high spawn rate. Both the amount of enemies and the low potential for lost XP due to being out of range of sharing made it (and still, make it) a viable farm. They didn't fix Viver. They made it marginally more difficult at the cost of three niche frames being even less useful. The rep system is the underlying issue here. It's the waitwall and grindwall in another form, it's fine for new players, but poorly thought out as "endgame". The community isn't to blame, DE's design for the rep system, as well as the game at large is to blame. We're humans, we have a finite amount of time to play games, finding efficient farming methods is basically taught to us by society in general, if not just online games. Want more money in less time? Find a better paying job so you can get paid more and work less. Same idea for reputation. Work smarter, not harder. The gains for a  non-Syndicate mission are utter garbage in most cases, and the increase in rep gain from Syndicate missions is paltry at best.

We are on the same side. I was arguing with the "Nerf Viver and make everyone farm my way" elitist crowd for the last week. Furthermore, everything you just said here was what I was screaming on top of my lungs on forums - In the end, it was all in vain and resulted in the nerfs of 3 classes. Reread my posts and topics to confirm. 

Edit: And the community is to blame: Rebecca stated that she received many screen shots and video of farming in Viver, which is probably one of the factors that lead to this swift and aggressive response. 

Edited by REDHOOOD