Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does De Hate Trinity? Let Me Count The Ways

Rhekinos

O dear Trinity,How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.I hate thee to the depth and breadth and heightMy nerf hammer can reach, when feeling black-and-whiteFor the ends of OPness and the ideal frame.I hate thee to the level of every day’sMost grinding runs, by star and Prism-light.I hate thee freely, as Ninjas fight for right.I hate thee purely, as Trolls turn from logic.I hate thee with the passion put to useIn the Old War, and with my loss in Dark Sector.I hate thee with a hate I seemed to loseWith my lost player base. I hate thee with the breath,Smiles, tears, of all my life's work; and, if the 'Grineer' chooses,I shall but hate thee better after U15.

-DE 2014

Sorry, just had to get it out there. I know how abusable Trinity has been but to only consistently nerf her without bothering to balance things out just shows a lack of foresight. Why not adjust her powers to be better in another aspect? You could give her the ability to increase max health or status immunity instead of just plain nerfing her.

Her augment mod has got to be the least logical mod in game. Well of Life is designed to buff the enemy's health so that you can leach more health from it and keep it out of the battlefield but not as a method to make it more killable.

And yet you decide to add a kill-to-drop-more-health mod to it. On a skill that makes an enemy harder to kill.

How does a bit of extra 25 hp and energy worth an entire mod space? My Equilibrium and Vitality/Flow mods make better use than that.

Where is the immortal skin for Trinity? All of the older frames and even the newer frames have gotten one and yet you let one of the most significant frame of its time (first full support) without any extra cosmetics.

If the rumors are true than Trinity is neglected again as the supposed next Prime. Out of all the misfortune to befall her at least she could have a moment of shining glory as a golden goddess of healing and yet you had to deny that from her either.

I don't know what your future plans are for her, DE but I hope there will be some positives changes to her. Like I said before, My heart dies a little every time I see Trinity on the patch notes, knowing full well she took a beating by the nerf hammer again.

Edited by Rhekinos

Oh yay, another thread complaining about the nerfs... I'll just put it into my overflowing folder of other threads about the SAME DARN THING.

Trinity's nerf was really minor. She's still a top tier pick.

Uhm... try reading the rest of the entry...

Oh yay, another thread complaining about the nerfs... I'll just put it into my overflowing folder of other threads about the SAME DARN THING.

O'rly? Her most used and beloved ability is now very uncomfortable to use and requires stupid amount of coordination. Also when she was a top tier pick since the god-mode capability was removed?

Hey, thousands of players play this game. You really think that if there is a controversial issue that only two will post about it? Get over the fact that there are a lot of threads on the same topic.

Going to put it as simple as possible for you to understand it..

"Hey everyone if you want energy from me, go get shot by that aimbot Heavy gunner over there.. He has to shot you for you to get energy, and don't worry its just wave 60"

If you are only using a Frame because of 1 ability (4) you are doing it wrong.

Edited by Rezo0

O'rly? Her most used and beloved ability is now very uncomfortable to use and requires stupid amount of coordination. Also when she was a top tier pick since the god-mode capability was removed?

This. I use her in farming (survival) or farming (bosses). That's pretty much it. She's still almost unkillable, just she can't do the same to allies much. And it again makes my old build near optimal, but she's back  to being a selfish tenno again.

Oh look another metacompaint post that completely ignores the thread and simply says 'it's fine', I'll add it to my folder.

Listen, Trin was already in a poor state right now and the nerf to arguably one her best ability is harsh, not only to her but for her teammantes as well. Trinity is a supposrt frame, it's the only thing she has going for her, yet one of her most useful abilities is now limited because of the overwhelming ammounts of obstruction in maps outside of the endless objective ones.

Uhm... try reading the rest of the entry...

I did. Fail to see why it couldn't be posted on one of the zillions of other topics about the same subject.

u clearly dont use all the skills on trinity

You are right, I don't use Well of Life.

I wasn't aware standing where you could be looking at an enemy required a lot of coordination. Might be a problem in public matches, but in all the situations where Trinity is considered a good pick, most people play with clanmates or friends (T4 defense for example).

Hey, thousands of players play this game. You really think that if there is a controversial issue that only two will post about it? Get over the fact that there are a lot of threads on the same topic.

No, but I'd think that maybe someone would look at the section, see the 5 or so Trinity topics there, and think "Gee, maybe I should post in one of those instead of making yet another topic"

Going to put it as simple as possible for you to understand it..

"Hey everyone if you want energy from me, go get shot by that aimbot Heavy gunner over there.. He has to shot you for you to get energy, and don't worry its just wave 60"

If you are only using a Frame because of 1 ability (4) you are doing it wrong.

If the aimbot Heavy Gunner isn't getting CCed at the time, then we probably wouldn't have made it to wave 60 in the first place.

Oh look another metacompaint post that completely ignores the thread and simply says 'it's fine', I'll add it to my folder.

Listen, Trin was already in a poor state right now and the nerf to arguably one her best ability is harsh, not only to her but for her teammantes as well. Trinity is a supposrt frame, it's the only thing she has going for her, yet one of her most useful abilities is now limited because of the overwhelming ammounts of obstruction in maps outside of the endless objective ones.

I agree the nerf was kind of pointless. But claiming that it makes Trinity bad now is an over-exaggeration. She's bad in pubs now, but she has always been somewhat bad in pubs as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps the nerf should be reverted, but even with the nerf she's still a top pick.

It kills me that when the god-mode nerf came, Trinity definitely got the shorter end of the stick than Rhino.  Rhino's god mode was even buffed to a certain extent, since you can iron skin and forget it.  Link runs out and can't be renewed until it runs out.  Her pathetically low armor means that if you are in an absolute clustermess that buffer can be less than the time it takes to recast.  Iron skin is faster and Rhino's extra tank and armor give him a much larger window survivability.  

So to me that says she's already a second class citizen.  I've been playing Trinity alot for the past two months (even before Viver and Syndicates) and actually being able to tell that her #4 offers any damage resistance has been hard for me to judge.  I never feel like you get any sort of invulnerability based on the damage I take and see people on my team continue to take (since I watch that like a hawk, as a good support should).  I'm sure the resistance is there and gets applied, but it's not super noticeable and rewarding.  So her #4 is pretty much just a straight heal.  Her #3 is non-renewable damage reduction that translates into instadeath when the situation is really dire (which is fine, you should never be 100% invincible).  

And so her point of true value is the ability to deliver energy to herself and her team.  That doesn't give anyone god mode.  It is real support.  It enables others to do their jobs better.  Healing isn't even as much support as that -- healing is rescue.  EV enables others to do better.

Also, Trinity was already one of the least liked frames.  To take a dump on her at this point is like nerfing Banshee.  Aside from nerfing the Viver farm, it makes her almost completely pointless.  And she moves so slow, actually bringing her along is an agony of coptering of directional melee jumps to keep up.  It's such an artificial movement style, it gets exhausting after a while.

She was one of my favourite frames at one point because I used her, essentially, as a beserker. I just throw myself into the fray and melee all around while juggling between Link, Energy Vampire and Blessing and it was the most satisfying battles I ever had because you reach the brink of death so often while hammering 2,3,4 yet you can last so long on the battlefield until your fingers actually get tired XD

Now that she received so many nerfs its just not really the same anymore.

She was one of my favourite frames at one point because I used her, essentially, as a beserker. I just throw myself into the fray and melee all around while juggling between Link, Energy Vampire and Blessing and it was the most satisfying battles I ever had because you reach the brink of death so often while hammering 2,3,4 yet you can last so long on the battlefield until your fingers actually get tired XD

Now that she received so many nerfs its just not really the same anymore.

Not just nerfs, she's been reworked probably more than any other frame in the game. I don't disagree that she used to be more fun to play though.