Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Meet: Greg Tchjen

DE_Adam

Creating any character in game is a tremendous task, and though we all get to appreciate the final product rarely do we ever get to take a peek at what a being a Character Artist is really all about.  We sat down with one member of the team, Greg Tchjen, to get to learn a little more about what it is he does around here.  The answer is 'a lot of cool stuff' but I won't let you guys just take my word for it.

Enjoy the full interview here, and enjoy this quick glimpse into the future of Tyl Regor!

-DE_Adam

This is fantastic news to learn about a new Tyl Regor. I feel that Regor probably has the most relevance in the Grineer's future due to the type of work he does. I want the moment where I kill Regor to experience the major effects of my actions.

he looks so ugly (no offense) :/ 

you really changed him to a whole new thing, it's not cool anymore 

You gotta admit, it's still more fitting to his mad-scientist mind than this one :

The new model for Tyl Regor looks great. Thanks god he won't look like the last one that was presented in a Devstream: 

cvds61d.jpg

Too S.D. man... Or too jacked for a scientist/not serious enough for his role.

(but again : opinions.)

Edited by unknow99

Why not give him thick base enabling legs? some ground to put some force into his hits? Less grip on the ground means less impact otherwise with those legs you'd have to give him some real ninja-esk momentum for each of his attacks, probably similar to the Zanuka things. Otherwise it'll be another game logic fail.

"Find pipe wrench on ground"..... "cannot pickup wrench because it's part of the map.... the monster is eating your corpse now".

Not particularly a fan of those tiny legs he has, but since this is still relatively early I assume they'll be replaced with thin prosthetic legs like Vor has.

Oscar-Pistorius-1.jpg

I think the legs are based off of current development in prosthetic legs, which can support way more weight than they appear to be able to carry, and have a higher degree of mobility than what you would consider a "standard" leg type.

Yep. Former physical therapy student here. The type of prosthetic legs Tyl Regor wears are ideal for running and high activity but poor for everyday sedentary use. Maybe he swaps them out when doing science stuff.

Edited by Gemellus