The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Or Boltor Prime?

Teadude

Question

I'm reaching mastery rank 6 soon. Now,i have my eyes on a few endgame items. First of my choice was the Soma. Gun looks pretty neat,nice crit. Then i took a look at the boltor prime.

now

I see alot of rhinos rocking a b prime in most of my void runs,and i seldom see a soma being used.

Which guns are more viable endgame?

All help appreciated.

25 answers to this question

I'm reaching mastery rank 6 soon. Now,i have my eyes on a few endgame items. First of my choice was the Soma. Gun looks pretty neat,nice crit. Then i took a look at the boltor prime.

now

I see alot of rhinos rocking a b prime in most of my void runs,and i seldom see a soma being used.

Which guns are more viable endgame?

All help appreciated.

Both are complete overkill for 99% of the game's content and will make you very happy to own and forma.

Boltor Prime is stronger and has all the benefits of firing projectiles with no real drawbacks. They fly so fast and so accurate that you'll hardly notice it's not hitscan.

both Soma and Boltor Prime are far from ideal(you could still use them though) tools for 'Endgame'. they're hilariously ridiculous Seal Clubbing Weapons though.

to find a Weapon that suits your Playstyle for 'Endgame', simply look for a Weapon with atleast a decent Status Chance, that is either high Slash or Puncture Damage. for more Exotic Weapons, Viral is also very effective.

Elementals will comprise of either Corrosive/Ice or Viral/Heat (well, for Corrupted atleast), team composition depending.

there's a lot of Weapon choices, therefore probably quite a few Weapons that fit your preferences.

both are crazy strong compared to alot of other weapons, but i'd take a minute to consider a few alternatives.

personally i did the same thing, got both as soon as i hit MR6, and i've never used either of them again. Amprex, Latron Prime, Ogris, Quanta, all great end game material and like turning up at a party in a bright green Hummer when everyone else is rocking black Benz's.

Neither... They're both 'noob tubes' and gameplay crutches.

Get some skill and real power by farming the Dread.

That's right! I'm calling out all you Soma and Bolter P. users... Bring it on!

What would you recommend as a good endgame rifle? i personally don't like bows, i have Dread with forma on it and it's just so freaking boring (for me) so as you are the authority here to name what are the acceptable weapons, what is a good rifle instead of Soma or Boltor Prime?

Neither... They're both 'noob tubes' and gameplay crutches.

Get some skill and real power by farming the Dread.

That's right! I'm calling out all you Soma and Bolter P. users... Bring it on!

I use the dread alot on my loki lol. The bow is a downright beast. Red crits are bootiful.

What would you recommend as a good endgame rifle? i personally don't like bows, i have Dread with forma on it and it's just so freaking boring (for me) so as you are the authority here to name what are the acceptable weapons, what is a good rifle instead of Soma or Boltor Prime?

I used to have a Karak. Pretty neat weapon. Grakata seems nice too,but i couldnt get used to the high recoil. Dera is alright,my most used weapon.

I used to have a Karak. Pretty neat weapon. Grakata seems nice too,but i couldnt get used to the high recoil. Dera is alright,my most used weapon.

yea karak is kinda nice but even after formas is not "endgame" material, sadly it isn't.

Edited by Orbister

Grakata in bursts and fully set up is a monster though, crits AND status effects all at the same time. I'm an MR17, have the best weapons in the game and out of the mid tier weapons, Grakata definitely can hold it's own at high levels. Just gotta treat it as a close range smg up close, single/double shot at far ranges, and bursts in mid. One of the best guns in the game.

I use my Grakata with Critical Delay, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, and Point Strike, and it seems to do it's job without any problems, even on high levels beyond 45, maybe up to 55 or 60.

OT: Soma to fulfill the critical damages, or Boltor Prime to sustain it's bolt projectile hits.