Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mind Controlled Enemies Take Less Damage At The End

HolidayPi3

I don't know how much testing went into this ability, but the way the damage is taken at the end of MC is super wonky.

This was a really simple test, but I went into a T4E. I blasted a Heavy Gunner in the head with my Hek. Killed her instantly.

Then I MC'd one. I blasted her in the head while she was MC'd... and when she came out, she took a small scratch.

I've noticed this happen multiple times. Another time when I was in Ceres doing a daily. I was happily 1 shotting enemies with my Hek, when I decided to MC a seeker. "Alright," I thought to myself, "All these guys die in one blast. So I'm gonna blast this guy once right in the teeth while he's mind controlled, and let him do his thing!"

So I go along with the rest of the mission. 20 seconds later, I get absolutely cold-blood murdered. Turns out it was the Seeker that I thought I had marked for certain death. He still had over half of his health left!

Please check this out DE.

Sidenote: You can't Lifestrike mind controlled enemies anymore. This makes me very sad.

Edited by HolidayPi3

Looks confirmed here to me.

rTBhNox.gif

First hit was a body shot as the Grineer was facing away, so not a headshot.  7.2K damage.

Controlled an enemy, tossed a charged shot into the body.

The damage done upon the skill ending did not show up as a crit, and was 600.

My Paris Prime has 101.3% crit chance and 4x crit damage, with a base damage of over 1500.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was testing this and also make multiple threads and posts about this problem, i was doing 500-1000 damage per shot with boltor prime but even wasting an entire boltor clip on a mind controled enemy.

They only seems to take 600-1000, some units take more and some other less so it seems like there is some short of damage cap on each enemy, i dont find any particular reason to be like that, thanks for the gifs/videos it explains pretty well the situation and it makes the devs work easier if there is something to fix.

There is also the life strike problem, if you hit a mind controled enemy while channeling you will lose energy but you cant regen hp via life strike even if the mind control effect expires.

In interception, mind controled enemies are still activating consoles...

Edited by Rhaenxys

• 1 month later...

I knew something was weird, but haven't personally played Nyx much to test it, just saw some weird behavior playing with a friend on Nyx. At the very least, they definitely act like inanimate objects for damage from players, in that crits and procs don't matter.  But even then, it looks like they only take a small fraction of the base damage for a shot.

• 1 month later...

for one i don't think critical hits apply, when mind controlled targets are hit the barrier is like converted to object health, so when the damage is applied by multiple damage types (puncture, radiation, etc all at the same time) it's all converted to one damage type. that's my assumption anyway, but it still does not explain this issue. 

for one i don't think critical hits apply, when mind controlled targets are hit the barrier is like converted to object health, so when the damage is applied by multiple damage types (puncture, radiation, etc all at the same time) it's all converted to one damage type. that's my assumption anyway, but it still does not explain this issue. 

You're probably right, but in this case I believe the disparity is too high for that to entirely account for it.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...