Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Guard Not Eating Stamina

IfritKajiTora

Melee is weak compared to shoting weapons where you can stay away from fire in long distance and kill everyone with shots, while using melee you need to rush forward to them and slash them  and you will get shot by them so you will get the damage.
Problem in melee is Guard and stamina. You can guard bullets but if you will guard from long distance you will not abble to run into them because lack of stamina. 2nd problem in that is when you attack any mob your stamina is drasticaly consumed and you can't use guard, opening you to enemy fire.

Melee weapons Guard need it own bar.
By attacking Stamina will be consumed, by guarding a new guard bar will be consumed.

About Silva & Aegis this melee weapon have shield which gives you nothing but just different combos, Shield is for guarding and pushing back enemies in real life and in many other games. This melee weapon need 50% more guard points, this weapon have weak damage so it need to have more defence.

PS: Nikana got Dragon Nikana, it could be cool if all Warframe weapons from Dojo got own Dragon type: Dragon Silva & Dragon Aegis, added some damage and little faster +10% more status chance, it have Fire sword and shield so it should get more Status chance than other melee weapons. Dragon Venka more damage, faster +5% critical chance. Etc. Because these Warframe melee weapons are weak. I like these weapons but I just leveled them up did not put Catalizator and not playing them only because of being too slow and weak damage.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

my opinion is that guard is fine as is. You can always equip a mod that boost your stamina

Waste of mod space ^^

You need t equip Stamina mod to make better guard.

Better is to not waste it and use long distance gun weapon. Thats why I think Guard bar is needed.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

To me the biggest problem with blocking/guarding with your melee weapon is that the stamina cost is directly related to the incoming damage, which means that blocking is NOT level agnostic.  By the time enemies are doing enough damage with their guns that you want to block them to protect yourself, they are doing enough damage that they zap your stamina instantly.

First change: blocking has a stamina cost per second regardless of enemy action.   (Not per hit, because why should it cost 5 times more stamina to block a spray from a trooper's Grakata than a single sniper shot from a Ballista).

Once that change is in place for a while, reevaluate and see if further adjustments are needed.

I see no conflict with blocking using up the same stamina you need to sprint.  Do you want to sprint or do you want to protect yourself? It should be a tactical decision.

Edited by Momaw