Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Expect With 15.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

While I am glad to see the damage to the Warframes reverted, the rest of th changes are only positive is they are a START of Syndicate reworking.

I understand there is only as much you can do in short notice, but nothing you posted trully fixes the underlying problem (enormous grind required for syndicates) that Viver was a symptom of, nor does it fix Viver.

It may be used a bit less extensively now that people will get capped, true. And that is it.

So please keep on working on this...

Yay! Sigil exp multiplier! Now I can look fancy and be rewarded.

The cap also seems reasonable. At MR14 I don't think I will have any issues with it since I typically get less than 5,000 a day depending how much I play and what modes.

That could be changed with the Sigil Multiplier

At least sigils purchased with rank have some bearing in all this. However, I'm not sure the syndicate reputation grind wall has been dented at all. The syndicate dailies are slightly better by a margin, and the worn sigils help. However, the rate at which we gain points will be mostly the same.

The cap on syndicate points will slow down the grind rush substantially, but it seems the incentive--the wall of reputation points to collect--is still there.

Maybe the multipliers will be more substantial than I think. However, in my opinion the true solution is having new mission paths and achievement rewards to gain syndicate for fun and varied tasks we can pick up any time we choose. Like dailies, but a few missions on all planets for slightly fewer syndicate points than the daily rewards. They would be best placed on rarely played nodes and game modes, such as Hijack, Excavation, Rescue, and higher level nightmare modes.

Edited by MechaKnight

Great changes Rebecca. Tell the dev team the forums are sorry, and whenever someone mentions U15.2.0, we can just say "What U15.2.0? We hit U15.2.1 first."

Everyone wins here. :D

...not sure what you were talking about. We had 15.1.3 and are going to have 15.2.1. :D

Syndicate standing gain cap applies to every syndicate as a whole or does each syndicate has a different cap?

Eg. If the cap is 32000 as a mastery rank 15. Does it mean that 32000 is the total standing i can gain including all syndicates or is it a cap for one syndicate?

Thank you very much

that's a good question can we get more info on that because most people have 3 syndicates at once

Is there any info on what kind of standing multiplier the higher-tier sigils will give? These changes look great, and I can't wait to test them out. Thank you guys so much for listening to the enormous player feedback. Making mistakes is something every developer does, but listening to players and fixing those mistakes quickly is something Digital Extremes does best.

I still think it was a poor choice to go against the player feedback before with 15.2, but y'know, all water under the bridge. We will only remember "15.2.1" and "15.2" will simply vanish into nothingness.

Good. Good.

Now you only need to adress the underlying problem of gaining Syndicate rep by XP, because with the quick calculation I just did it still seems profitable to go on Viver and max my daily rep.

It is any one player's prerogative to make decisions based on opening a calculator before Warframe. The changes overall will benefit players who want to be more rewarded game-wide instead of being forced into the 'most effective' node. There may always be a 'most effective' way, to reflect on a recent video. The value battle between efficiency and choice will be waging on for players, this happens in virtually every game. For some the decision is easy: do whatever it takes to get it fast. Now, players who value choice have more options that what the previous design allowed.

Again, the value battle applies to gaming as a whole: throw a hair elastic on my Xbox controller to max my Sneak, or play around and rank it up while doing other things. One is purely efficiency driven. The other relies on choice. There are no right or wrong values in this context, we all have a way we like to play.

At least sigils purchased with rank have some bearing in all this. However, I'm not sure the syndicate reputation grind wall has been dented at all. The syndicate dailies are slightly better by a margin, and the worn sigils help. However, the rate at which we gain points will be mostly the same.

The cap on syndicate points will slow down the grind rush substantially, but it seems the incentive--the wall of reputation points to collect--is still there.

Maybe the multipliers will be more substantial than I think. However, in my opinion the true solution is having new mission paths and achievement rewards to gain syndicate for fun and varied tasks we can pick up any time we choose.

edit: my bad used the wrong numbers,8 days of getting the max cap to max 1 single syndicate

Edited by Kayblis