Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who The Hek Thought Cold Revenge Was A Good Idea?

Blackout751

This is literally the worst tactical alert or event that EVER been done. Why?

1) Tech and Tech Eximi. Techs are already super OP, able to take about 800 shields in half a second - but Eximi too that can throw out friggin' Guardian Eximus Shield Ospreys? Solution; next time don't use Heavy units as one of two possible enemies and don't allow the Shield Ospreys to make anything they touch invulnerable, ESPECIALLY as they can't be mind-controlled.

2) I'm stuck in the beginning of a mission. The place has been locked down and there is no terminal on this side of the map. Solution; put a terminal all doors so this doesn't happen.

3) Invincible, energy-draining Capture targets who are also Techs with 3 Guardian Eximi Ospreys. Who the hell thought this would be fun for 800 conclave? Not only is it practically impossible to kill the Ospreys (doing 11,000 damage per shot, still barely harming them), they flit around like fairies making them dodge pretty much every shot I take - I can't use my powers on them because I'm constantly out of energy, I can't kill the target because he's invulnerable with those Ospreys and they kill me in 3 seconds flat. Solution; remove energy drain. Limit the Ospreys to one or two, non-Guardian Eximi. Remove their Supras, give them any other weapon.

3 reasons why nothing like this should EVER happen again.

Yeah and you know what's even worse? You can't use Limbo to bypass the problem because Ospreys shield effect works through Banish as well.

They need to make it a challenge without using cheap tactics like invulnerability. I already had to deal with a mini Jackal with the same effect that was able to spawn Turrets AND Ospreys.

Edited by Mirakid

I can see this being incredibly difficult solo, however I had little trouble in a group. For 800 conclave you can still be either quite resilient or quite dangerous. And while the capture target is immune to mind control, the shield osprey can be confused with Chaos and thus removes the invulnerability. Having certain parts of the map without a terminal is a clear problem, but aside from that, it was simply an event that required skill and forethought. 

While I had no trouble with a fully equipped team of 4, I do think certain design choice were arbitrary and overboard. Limiting certain aspect but not the whole idea could benefit it I believe.

For example, to go along with what you said, balancing the ratio of Tech Eximus VS regular Sniper Crewman should be done, so that the latter appears in larger number than the former (currently it seems to be the opposite.)

However, the whole super shield ospreys idea was great continuation of similar ideas brought upon by notionphil I think! I think that with three of them like this, their HP could be reduced more to balance it out, especially for solo players (or maybe only for solo players). However, the invincibility should be kept since you have to go through this phase before the other, instead of simply bomb-rushing everything (except you can if you have a Penta XD).

So in the end, I like this direction. It's much better than the silly-fest that was the Arctic Eximus + 10x damage that we got a while back, which was even more arbitrary and unbalanced.

stop crying thats optional and made for ppl that need more challenge if u to weak for it don´t play it or your really think that every Mission must be easy to do for every player on every level...?

First of all, calm down. You make it sound like you didn't even read OP and considered some valid points in terms of good gameplay design tied to challenge, as opposed to annoyance. Too often this community reacts way too positively (or sometimes negatively without good feedback) for the slightest "challenge" stimuli, when in the end, if you take a step back, there's still many things that could be improved about it. OP didn't help the case because of how they vent their anger, but they still brought things that the devs could think about.

Secondly, I do want more challenge, which is why I, personally, will keep giving feedback on it whenever new "challenges" are introduced. I'm not as good as certain people at doing it, but at least I try. Simply brushing it aside and saying "that's good challenge, deal with it" without looking at its problems, benefits and how it can be made better overall is shallow thinking.

Edited by Casardis

I can't agree, I liked the challenge of adjusting my build and having to actually teamwork for a change. If you don't rush and work as a team, the thing is easy. One tactics doesn't work? Try another.

Though I do agree in one point, the aim of need to go. But this is a general game complaint, nothing specific to this alert.

We're overpowered. They're desperate to make us feel challenged so I think it's good that they bring in some occasional alerts like this instead of something grindy.

EDIT: just played it 3 times. More fun and challenge than in any recent content. Whoever planned this one out deserves some praise and needs to keep it up. The mission perfectly cuts a lot of player owned overpowered stuff away while still keeping a lot of room for planning and different ways to do the objective.

Edited by Aure7

stop crying thats optional and made for ppl that need more challenge if u to weak for it don´t play it or your really think that every Mission must be easy to do for every player on every level...?

Let's see here the first mission is level 10-15. I brought my Level 30 Excal modded for shields and health... I died, What's worse is that I died on the way to the target, But maybe I'm just bad at the game.

It is a pretty good challenge I can admit that.

Edited by Mirakid

I liked it, a lot. 

The worst one? The first one done, had to kill 100 of those Hyenas or something and they spawned 4 per mission with lots of fodder...

I really liked this one because it disabled your abilities ^^

Agreed.

This one you had to actually THINK about. Silly that. Planning things is for noobs. Just spray enough bullets and he HAS to go down, right?

Wrong.

Not TOO hard if you have a clue and some planning. Just run in with a random PUG? yep. Hard, but still possible.

It WAS a bit much at first, but then we got organized. One guy with a Paris Prime/Lanka to take out the drones from long range then charge in, one Valcyr to slow the target, 2 of us dropping energy restores and then unload on him with melee and bullets. Bam. Done.

My Trinity with an Acrid made a HELL of a mess of everything in her way.

Edited by Kalenath

Completed (to the stratos emblem) yesterday within an hour..... With pugs.... Some even at rank 3.......... It was easy and fast, and there was a catalyst in it. I really don't understand why there are people going batS#&$ crazy over it. I mean take a goddamn good primary and be done with it, you don't even need any particular frame. I used an embarassing lvl 12 Limbo until the third level, then a fat Rhino with some energy restores and stomp.

How hard is that.

First, you could just do low level alerts with the same output (1 point for each captured target). No shield ospreys, no energy leech.

Second, higth levels are still easy too becasue all DE could do is an artificial difficulty with invincibility and energy leech. I just took rhino, ogris and energy restores. Drop energy restore, stomp+roar, then kill helpless osprays and a guy. Easy!

Completed (to the stratos emblem) yesterday within an hour..... With pugs.... Some even at rank 3.......... It was easy and fast, and there was a catalyst in it. I really don't understand why there are people going batS#&$ crazy over it. I mean take a goddamn good primary and be done with it, you don't even need any particular frame. I used an embarassing lvl 12 Limbo until the third level, then a fat Rhino with some energy restores and stomp.

How hard is that.

For some people? Very hard.

For others? Not so much.

I enjoyed it once I figured out to kill the drones first. Now if ONLY half the PUGS I ran with had figured that out as well...

'JUST SHOOT HIM!'

'No DAMAGE? WTF? HACKS! BUGS! EXPLOITS!'

'Shoot the drones first.'

'oh...'

Why not use a high toxin weapon? Bypass shields completely.

Because that makes SENSE.

Can't do that...

FYI even an unmodded Acrid made a HELL of a mess of level 78 baddies in the 20-30 mission.

Edited by Kalenath

I liked it, a lot. 

The worst one? The first one done, had to kill 100 of those Hyenas or something and they spawned 4 per mission with lots of fodder...

I really liked this one because it disabled your abilities ^^

u had to kill 200 if u wanted emblem lol

Not commenting on how this compares specifically to other tactical alerts, but I haven't found the gameplay that bad.

The number of Corpus Techs is fine. If you pay attention, you should see and be able to kill them before they know you're there. If you're engaging in medium or lower range with a Corpus Tech, I hope you have a specific strategy for why that's a good idea.

The target's Ospreys are kind of the worst part. Too tanky, and they shield each other. Not to mention the invulnerability. I'm not sure if they're even necessary. They do force you into good shooting while remaining mobile over an extended period of time though, which is a core skill Tenno should have anyway.

The energy drain is what it is. I don't like the energy leech effect overall that much, but I get why it's there in this specific mission type. I sort of feel the same goal could have been accomplished if the target had disable immunity instead of an energy leech aura, but not sure.

so we FINALLY got a challenge and all the noobs flood to the forum to whine... so sad.... soloed to 30 points... could properly go to 50 solo if i wanted... 

so stop whining... if its too hard for you then dont participate....

im happy DE is makeing the tactical alerts challenging... its about time if you ask me...