The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Continued Exclusive Gifts To Founders Makes Us Feel A Bit Left Out

-FV-Wsocks

I can only say that it's unfortunate that you have to call someone names if they don't agree with you. Many people have suggested a Founders dedicated Spoiler section instead.

I would suggest editing your first post and including a spoiler section with the ideas that have come up. It might help with some of the confusion and allow players to not have to read throgh 15 pages to give constructive feedback.

Are we talking about a Sigil and a mod that can be applied to both a weapon and its primed version as "continued gifts" ? seriously? ._.

oh my... u put it like we are having gifts every week or on a daily basis... nothing as been given out beside these 2 little things

(and let's be honest, Bright Purity shouldnt even be mentioned, we got only 1 exclusive thing and it is the sigil. that's it)

Are we talking about a Sigil and a mod that can be applied to both a weapon and its primed version as "continued gifts" ? seriously? ._.

oh my... u put it like we are having gifts every week or on a daily basis... nothing as been given out beside these 2 little things

(and let's be honest, Bright Purity shouldnt even be mentioned, we got only 1 exclusive thing and it is the sigil. that's it)

Continued. Not constant, not frequent, not daily, monthly, or with each update. Continued. I'm not suggesting any sort of frequency, simply that there is continued appreciation shown. 

I would suggest editing your first post and including a spoiler section with the ideas that have come up. It might help with some of the confusion and allow players to not have to read throgh 15 pages to give constructive feedback.

I've edited the TL;DR to include the Spoiler suggestion. The reason I hadn't before now is because when people see that a post has been edited, they tend to assume that something was taken out or changed so that the OP wouldn't look foolish. 

@Azawarau

At the very beginning Founders was the only way to guarantee an invite into closed beta.

You could sign up to wait and hopefully be chosen to get in, or buy a founders pack and get in with a few extra invites.

So at the beginning a decent amount of people bought founders to get in day 1.

And for a decent number of weeks you couldn't buy plat outside of the founders packs and potatoes were *much* more important than they are now (before you couldn't use your warframes ultimate if you didn't potato it).

So for a decent amount of time in the closed beta testing the founders were pretty much the entire funding source for things.  No one bought the plat packs when they first became available, only upgrading their founder status or buying a low level if they were invited by a founder or randomly made it in.

So petty much in the beginning of CBT that is pretty much the only thing that was really making money.

My point is that the founders werent the only ones buying things at the time

I hear alot that the founders arent taking account of enough for their helping bring the game up but there were otehrs spending as well that people who use that argument ignore

Its very hypocritical

Now im not saying that the founders didnt help

They obviously gave the game a leg up but so did the rest

And even without being exclusive the pack would have been popular enough just as an early access package

Sure, they did at a certain point. But just because someone spends money on other things, doesn't mean he/she automatically has the right to claim things he/she didn't buy.

I thought it was obvious. Whatever people spent... they didn't spent it on founders package. And it's not like those people spend money for nothing. Remember, there is a whole game you play (and fund).

Founders got the sigil they already had as a badge. It's just a gimmick and a nice touch.

You life in a country you didn't build up. Yet you life in it and pay taxes to sustain its structures. And yet history remembers not you, but the first pioneers who set the first stone or those who had a great impact.

And yet you benefit from it.

This is the difference between a founder and a non-founder in a nutshell.

Noones claiming rights to anything

Im pointing out hypocrisy

Especially your last little bit

"This is the difference between a founder and a non-founder in a nutshell."

There are non founders who spent as much or more than founders

There were players soon after the pack ended who did the same

Where is the recognition for them?

Wheres the recognition for the ones who support it now or have been supporting and will be for a long time?

Entitlement seems to be what youre getting at but a mirror is what you should be looking at

My point is that the founders werent the only ones buying things at the time

I hear alot that the founders arent taking account of enough for their helping bring the game up but there were otehrs spending as well that people who use that argument ignore

Its very hypocritical

Now im not saying that the founders didnt help

They obviously gave the game a leg up but so did the rest

And even without being exclusive the pack would have been popular enough just as an early access package

Noones claiming rights to anything

Im pointing out hypocrisy

Especially your last little bit

"This is the difference between a founder and a non-founder in a nutshell."

There are non founders who spent as much or more than founders

There were players soon after the pack ended who did the same

Where is the recognition for them?

Wheres the recognition for the ones who support it now or have been supporting and will be for a long time?

Entitlement seems to be what youre getting at but a mirror is what you should be looking at

At this point I can only repeat: people just didn't buy it. What else can I say?

This is not a question about how much each individuum spent.

If that would be a measurement, we just had another paywall and thus exclusivity again. Though I thought you are against exclusivity.

On the other hand, everyone gets new content each update. This is the result of paying DE and thus your reward as soneone who pays for the game.

DE is giving out free goods from time to time.

Halloween colors for 1 symbolic credit.

Dex Furis

Mastery Rank Sigil

24h alerts for catalysts/reactors

They said in the devstream, there will be a new Dex item.

If you ask me, that are examples for things people get as thanks.

Better even: everyone, even those who didn't pay anything, can get it.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

At this point I can only repeat: people just didn't buy it. What else can I say?

This is not a question about how much each individuum spent.

If that would be a measurement, we just had another paywall and thus exclusivity again. Though I thought you are against exclusivity.

On the other hand, everyone gets new content each update. This is the result of paying DE and thus your reward as soneone who pays for the game.

DE is giving out free goods from time to time.

Halloween colors for 1 symbolic credit.

Dex Furis

Mastery Rank Sigil

24h alerts for catalysts/reactors

They said in the devstream, there will be a new Dex item.

If you ask me, that are examples for things people get as thanks.

Better even: everyone, even those who didn't pay anything, can get it.

Im only pointing it out

Its hypocritical to undermine the contributions of other members from that time and after who are just as loyal and helpful to the game as others

I see where this is going.

Heh.

Yes, you are right. I think one dollar from a founder helps more than a dollar from a non-founder. Because of reasons.

TL;DR

I am absolutely not asking for Founders to stop receiving exclusive items. It's in literally the first line of the post. 

Well im not referring to your post specifically for that part so...

What I understand so far is the thread shouldn't be called "CONTINUED EXCLUSIVE GIFTS TO FOUNDERS MAKES US FEEL A BIT LEFT OUT" but "PATCH NOTES ABOUT FOUNDERS' THINGS MAKE SOME OF US FEEL INADEQUATE".

The current title implies gifts themselves are a problem to whoever "us" is.

This is what should happen when most normal players read the patch notes:

Patch notes for 15.x.x

• Archwing UI updated:  “Cool!”
  • New user experience updated: “Doesn’t apply to me, not interested, don’t care”
  • New weapon: The Fragginator: “Woot! New ways to !$%* stuff up!”
  • Corpus door sound volume fixed: “Meh”
  • Founder stuff updated: “Doesn’t apply to me, not interested, don’t care”

What seems to happen when some people read the patch notes:

Patch notes for 15.x.x

• Archwing UI updated:  “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • New user experience updated: “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • New weapon: The Fragginator: “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • Corpus door sound volume fixed: “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • Founder stuff updated: “Can I be offended by this? YES! My life is fulfilled! Now to go on the forums and create a 20-page megathread about this non-problem. If I can’t be special, no one else should be allowed to be special either!”

See, if YOU read the patch notes, and YOU see an update about Founders stuff that YOU don’t have and YOU get upset about something that has no practical effect on YOU whatsoever, the source of the problem here is pretty obvious; YOU. YOU need to get a grip and get over it. Your life will be a lot happier if you concentrate on what YOU have and not what other people have.

So assuming this campaign works, what comes next? You get Founders patch notes banned but that won’t be enough. For the professionally offended brigade, it’s never enough. A few weeks later we would get another thread:

“Ohh emm gee DE!! I was totally in a pickup group the other night and this Founder was using an Excalibur prime, a Skana prime AND a Lato prime! He didn’t specifically mention it but I KNOW he was totally flaunting exclusive stuff and it made me feel really sad! I think it only fair that you change it so that if a Founder is in a group and using exclusive items that I can’t have, they should appear as the normal versions of them so I don’t know they are there and I don’t have to feel all emo and depressed about it! Then no one would be upset and have to cry themselves to sleep like I had to! I know the Founders might be upset with this but obviously my sad feelings take precedent over anyone else’s feelings because I am a special little snowflake like my daddy told me and I believe really, really hard that I shouldn’t be made to feel sad over stuff other people have that I haven’t got! Kthxbye DE!”

And don’t say that’s a ludicrous suggestion, this entire thread is about a ludicrous suggestion!

When Mechwarrior Online launched about 6 months before Warframe, their Founders packs included 4 exclusive Mechs. I have never seen a single thread on those forums complaining about founder’s exclusives. So what is it about this community that makes them bring up this type of nonsense time after time?

Edited by TenzUK

A mod that cannot be applied to a weapon. We need to put a stop to this unfounded claim. I just bought one to test it out. Whether DE 'fixes' this is up in the air (or have they confirmed it's going to be changed?), but at the moment, Bright Purity does not work on Skana Prime.

Edited by CitizenV

This is what should happen when most normal players read the patch notes:

Patch notes for 15.x.x

• Archwing UI updated:  “Cool!”
  • New user experience updated: “Doesn’t apply to me, not interested, don’t care”
  • New weapon: The Fragginator: “Woot! New ways to !$%* stuff up!”
  • Corpus door sound volume fixed: “Meh”
  • Founder stuff updated: “Doesn’t apply to me, not interested, don’t care”

What seems to happen when some people read the patch notes:

Patch notes for 15.x.x

• Archwing UI updated:  “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • New user experience updated: “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • New weapon: The Fragginator: “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • Corpus door sound volume fixed: “Can I be offended by this? Not really :(”
  • Founder stuff updated: “Can I be offended by this? YES! My life is fulfilled! Now to go on the forums and create a 20-page megathread about this non-problem. If I can’t be special, no one else should be allowed to be special either!”

See, if YOU read the patch notes, and YOU see an update about Founders stuff that YOU don’t have and YOU get upset about something that has no practical effect on YOU whatsoever, the source of the problem here is pretty obvious; YOU. YOU need to get a grip and get over it. Your life will be a lot happier if you concentrate on what YOU have and not what other people have.

So assuming this campaign works, what comes next? You get Founders patch notes banned but that won’t be enough. For the professionally offended brigade, it’s never enough. A few weeks later we would get another thread:

“Ohh emm gee DE!! I was totally in a pickup group the other night and this Founder was using an Excalibur prime, a Skana prime AND a Lato prime! He didn’t specifically mention it but I KNOW he was totally flaunting exclusive stuff and it made me feel really sad! I think it only fair that you change it so that if a Founder is in a group and using exclusive items that I can’t have, they should appear as the normal versions of them so I don’t know they are there and I don’t have to feel all emo and depressed about it! Then no one would be upset and have to cry themselves to sleep like I had to! I know the Founders might be upset with this but obviously my sad feelings take precedent over anyone else’s feelings because I am a special little snowflake like my daddy told me and I believe really, really hard that I shouldn’t be made to feel sad over stuff other people have that I haven’t got! Kthxbye DE!”

And don’t say that’s a ludicrous suggestion, this entire thread is about a ludicrous suggestion!

When Mechwarrior Online launched about 6 months before Warframe, their Founders packs included 4 exclusive Mechs. I have never seen a single thread on those forums complaining about founder’s exclusives. So what is it about this community that makes them bring up this type of nonsense time after time?

No effect

If thats the argument youre going with then youre not going to prove anything you say is correct

Perhaps if my post was requesting the re release of the Founders pack or was claiming that the Founders Pack was in any way unfair to the rest of us, I could see your point in assuming that the motivation of the post was that of envy. However, considering my post is not suggesting either of those things, I don't see how it could seem envious to someone who truly understood it. It is of no consequence whether or not one individual does or does not care about the subject and the idea should not be discounted simply because you feel that it doesn't affect or bother you personally. I'm not against opposing arguments but when you include 'Ebola' in your argument... Well it makes it a bit harder to take you seriously. 

Your topic states "us", implying the fact that you are actually a large group and that that group actually has a valid point. You don't. Never will. DE could give founders solid gold ingots and you will STILL be wrong, because you have done NOTHING to earn anything, while the founders risked an initial investment into the game. Could have died in the first month, and they would have lost cold hard cash. You show up when the going is good and expect things?

I wrote the "Ebola" thing to point out how ridiculous your proposition is, over the fact that you appear to have zero sense of proportions.

"I saw a Founder expressing his displeasure with the fact that the new Bright Purity was incompatible with with the Skana prime. I thought it fair that this would be the case due to the 'Gilded Truth' mod specifying it's use only on the Burston Prime. With this precedent set, it seemed that the inability to use Bright Purity with the Skana Prime was an unfortunate reality that all Founders would have come to terms with.  To my surprise, the Skana Prime was included with the Skana for weapons able to use Bright Purity. As a non-Founder this now meant that no matter the power of my Skana with this mod, a Founder with the same mod would be given a greater advantage."

My reading ability is fine, thank you so much. If that is not "envy" I don't know what is.

* That weapon can't be used against you. hence, they get "no advantage". What about people that login and luck out on Dual Zorens Blueprints? Are they been given a greater advantage?

* It's a "Skana", any Mod that effects a "Skana" should effect THAT Skana. If DE released a "Skana Wraith" in en event, would YOU not complain that the Syndicate mod does not effect it? Heck, I'd make it work on Dual Skana, as well, and think that was an oversight.

* It's a damn Skana. I can out damage it with a Glaive, the damage boost is laughable when maxed DPS is like 300-400 without channeling, an extra 100 DPS is not what you call game breaking, and it gets more effect from the "Purity" AoE.

* It's a damn Skana. You got yours for free just for starting play. The Founders technically payed a LOT for their Skana, and a Cronus that you can get after one day will out damage it. BE thankful there is even a mod to make a Skana better.

I imagine you will imply that it's not about just that sword and are worried about future things?

Well, if it took 2 years for DE to give founders a damage boost to a weapon no one was using, and a Sigil that no one in teams will even notice because they are too busy shooting, then I really think you are jumping the gun a TAD much.

No effect

If thats the argument youre going with then youre not going to prove anything you say is correct

So help me understand because clearly I'm not getting it. Please explain exactly how the Founders getting a cosmetic sigil has an effect on your gameplay.

Is it detrimental to your DPS? You defence and survivability maybe? No? Hmm, maybe your experience or faction gains then? No, it has absolutely zero effect on your gameplay. None at all.

So if it isn't about gameplay that means it is ALL about your precious feelings and how other people shouldn't get things that you can't get because you feel left out when they do.

You are right though, that isn't entitlement. There's a much nastier word for what that is.

Edited by TenzUK

In regards to the skana prime; we have already had the awesome animation taken away from us (really the only reason to use it) and now people are trying to stop the ability for us to use bright purity on this weapon complaining it would be a top tier weapon! What a joke, no conceivable build would make this weapon anywhere near top tier - please allow us to use it and give us something other than a shiny weapon that sits in our inventory wishing we could make use of it. Also to the original poster, unfortunately the case with most games nowa days is that if you are not playing it when there is some event or right at the beginning you will lose out on stuff that you cant get again. It happens in most games now and its just something you have to deal with and not get butt hurt about, especially as your not even paying for them like Founders effectively did. On another note DE are giving you exclusive weapons and things to make you feel special in the form of event weapons, if a Founder doesnt do the event he wont get the weapon or mod etc so I really dont know what your complaining about overall...

Exclusive is exclusive. But yep founders are weird, it was only Excalibur Prime ,skana prime and others and now they giving them even more, no where was writed there that in the future that those who buy founder pack will get more exclusive things in the future. And that is bad.

And for me all exclusive things are too much expensive. If it would be around 10-15$ for example Prime acces with just accesories I would even buy it. But 50$ to get Targis armor set is just ridiculous to me. I live in the country where 1 is 4 for us. 15euro for us is 60zł and we get in work from 8-15zł per hour. So 50$ for me is like 200$ for you. I need to pay 200zł to get Targis armor set, no thanks it is just too expensive for my country.