The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back In My Day...

Gigatron-Prime

Y'all whippersnappers listen up.

Back in my day the first mod system let you stack mods in such a way that a frame could sprint 4 times faster than Loki with maxed rush, boost melee damage over 1000% and attack speed about as much so could rip around the map like a bloodthirsty Speedy Gonzalez, swinging as fast as you could click and killing every non boss enemy with 1 normal attack without ever letting off the sprint key. All this while shields were pumped to 10k. The hardest enemy in the game was the Boss of Pluto, Arn Etina. I could take him out with 5 swings in less than 3 seconds.

Needless to say, it was horrifically imbalanced and we shall never see the likes of its glory again.

Y'all whippersnappers listen up.

Back in my day the first mod system let you stack mods in such a way that a frame could sprint 4 times faster than Loki with maxed rush, boost melee damage over 1000% and attack speed about as much so could rip around the map like a bloodthirsty Speedy Gonzalez, swinging as fast as you could click and killing every non boss enemy with 1 normal attack without ever letting off the sprint key. All this while shields were pumped to 10k. The hardest enemy in the game was the Boss of Pluto, Arn Etina. I could take him out with 5 swings in less than 3 seconds.

Needless to say, it was horrifically imbalanced and we shall never see the likes of its glory again.

Man I would have loved to play with the old mod system, but I started in update 7... not to mention back then loki had a base speed of 1.6 and ash had a base speed of 1.4...

Back in my day scorpions never missed and pulled you through walls, and you could run into a room with multiple of them and multiple commanders...

Seriously the old spawning logic had serious issues... frigging 4-5 commanders constantly teleporting you...

AND ROLLERS! FRIGGING ROLLERS! Were smaller, faster and insta staggered you...

Also... Leave my mother out of this!

And the grineer sawblades...

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as like 5 of them ran at you at once...

And napalms were bright red!

And ancients didn't have any of this pulling you crap... and they looked like bigger leapers... and the toxic ones left a pile of poison...

Back in my day, Dual Ethers and Slash Dash were arguably OP...

I still have my dual ether back in those days... not to mention 3 times damage on infested...

Back in my day, trying to melee a ancient resulted in it *@##$slapping you 10 meters away in the time it took you to blink. It was the bane of my existence until I learnt that rolling negated the slap... one day before U14 turned their *@##$slaps into "If you actually get hit by this you should uninstall the game" slaps.

Edited by (PS4)JoeyTwoShoes

(Geezer voice) In 'ma day, ye Loki didn't have any fancy prime. On top o'that yeh got his parts from just one Hyena!

Well youngster back in my day if you didn't pick Loki as your starter frame you couldn't get him at all cause Rhino dropped from both the jackal and hyena.