Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire Does Not Count As Bladed Weapon For Infested Damage Bonus-Intended Or Bug?

MJ12

The Mire doesn't get the damage bonus against Infested that all other bladed melee weapons get. Is this an intended feature (in which case the minimal toxin damage it gets as a bonus is pretty underpowered) or an oversight? Because I really like the looks of the weapon but it's not actually useful against the guys who are easiest to melee (and thus best to level up melee weapons on).

If it isn't intended to get an Infested damage bonus, it should get additional toxin damage, because the loss of its jump-attack knockdown isn't made up for by the extra toxin damage.

I think that since it's an infested weapon, it's meant to do less against infested. It's why I never got one :c

That'd explain Infested being poison resistant but not Infested being immune to knifings, since the edge of the Mire is still sharp.

That'd explain Infested being poison resistant but not Infested being immune to knifings, since the edge of the Mire is still sharp.

But maybe it's friendly sharp! It recognizes the charger you're about to bisect, and remembers how it owes the charger a favor from waaay back.

... Yeah, doesn't make much sense to me either.

But maybe it's friendly sharp! It recognizes the charger you're about to bisect, and remembers how it owes the charger a favor from waaay back.

... Yeah, doesn't make much sense to me either.

Hmmm, if the mire was sentient and owed it's infested buddies some favors, I'd be concerned about it trying decapitate me in my sleep. 

On topic, I'm gonna assume it's a bug.