Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods That Give +% Are Not Doing So.

Chromosis

I tried putting redirection, Vigor, and vitality on my excalibur, it gave me an increase based on the rank 0 frames health, not my rank 30.  Is this intended?  It seems silly to me.

I have 300 shields and HP and the mod clearly says +X% shields or health.  Nowhere is it implied to be based off base health.

It just seems these mods are not working correctly.

Yup that is both intended and really poorly explained (steel fibre works the same way too)

This gets even more fun and confusing when you take weapon damage mods into consideration. Physical damage type mods (impact, puncture, slash) only increase from the base value of each individual type (with serration adding to total base damage) while elemental damage mods add to the total amount of base damage (the value from Impact, puncture, slash and any other elemental mods you have on all added together). Weeeeee!

Mod boosting rule consistency - Warframe has none.

Vitality, Redirection, Vigor, Flow, and Physique all build off of the warframe's rank 0 stats.

Slash, Puncture, and Impact mods only build upon a weapons appropriately matching Slash, Puncture, or Impact stat, respectively.  Elemental mods however build off of the total sum of the weapon's base (unmodded) slash, puncture, and impact damage.  Generally speaking, in most cases elemental damage will improve damage output more than any of the slash, puncture, or impact damage mods will, unless you were around to pick up the 120% slash mods from the Gate Crash event.  Those mods are an exception, but only under niche circumstances.

Edited by Littleman88