The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Do I Go After The Boltor?

Rien

Question

My Boltor is at Rank 30 and, although I like it, I'm looking for a better weapon than the Boltor. Apart from Prime weapons, what's a good automatic weapon that's an upgrade from the Boltor? I'm currently only Rank 5, so the Soma's off the list for now.

18 answers to this question

Build the Tetra.

It has the mechanics very similar to the Boltor and 5 points more on damage.

It's the direct upgrade and you won't suffer much if you're already used to the flight speed of the bolts.

According to the wiki page is also silent which is an even better plus.

Edit: Added wiki link.

Edited by xlraistlx

At rank 5 I think you can build the Amprex. It's a continuous fire weapon (still works like an automatic but with lasers), but I hear good things about it.

You could also try the Tetra or Dera. Dera has no recoil and pinpoint accuracy, which makes it pretty interesting.

Karak is also another one to consider. It's basically a Braton with some nicer stats and a V polarity.

For true top tier endgame material, Amprex is your only real at all similar weapon you can build. Others include Soma, Synapse and the ultimate option in Boltor Prime but they fall prey to your other criteria. Amprex is clantech and it takes 6 formas to truly get it running but oh boy is it ever worth it. Mind though, Amprex is so good that it can be hard to go back to other weapons to level afterwards. So that's something to be wary of. But for a short range slaughter machine, it's unparalleled.

build them all.

or, go Prime hunting. at MR5 and with a tough maxed frame(like Valkyr) and the Boltor you'll be able to run even T2 easy enough solo. drop tables aren't too bad and survival, as you should know, is more about being smart than your full on damage output. then find someone like me who can't be fuct selling all this gear in the trade chat and offers it cheap for the T4 gear you can't get your hands on.

if you got keys you can host and everyone's always up for Void, a full team around you and even T3 is easy.

now all that aside, how'd you get to MR5 and only have a maxed Boltor? by then i'd already maxed more than a dozen weapons and had Forma'd my Quanta already, making T3 a cinch.

Edited by d1sc1p1e

now all that aside, how'd you get to MR5 and only have a maxed Boltor? by then i'd already maxed more than a dozen weapons and had Forma'd my Quanta already, making T3 a cinch.

I haven't really thought of changing weapons or getting a new- the only other weapon I have is a maxed out Paris.