The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire, Why De?..

Agentnewbie

What is this thread about, exactly?

Oh, it's because the Mire isn't 100% Toxin damage. Yeah that is a bit odd.

It'd probably make more sense if the Karyst had the Mire's kind of damage spread - three physical elements + a bit of toxin - since the poison on the Karyst is probably coated on that little hook on the end of the blade.

Yes? And if we are going to be all "realistic" (I assume that's what you are getting at) history tells us that assassin's and the likes (particularly Asian ones) more often than not coated there blades in poison (aka toxins).

And uh, it's a game about space ninjas and mutated infested weird stuff, so there's no too :D

Have you considered it's because it's an older weapon that has yet to be updated?

So many weapons that have come after the mire got touched up already though... I am guessing that no one is making alot of noise about it... I like the mire and it is my Saryns weapon...cuz....reasons.

Karyst is a dagger, that looks like it's made from steel.

Mire is a sword, that made from flesh.

Karyst deals 50 PURE TOXIC damage.

Mire deals 35 PHYSICAL damage.

DE, really?

Karyst is inspired in an old Indonesian type of daggers that used to be forged with some kinds of poison so they make sure the enemy that was stabed with the dagger gets killed. So yes, it makes sense Karyst having toxic damage when it is inspired in a poisonous dagger.

Karyst is inspired in an old Indonesian type of daggers that used to be forged with some kinds of poison so they make sure the enemy that was stabed with the dagger gets killed. So yes, it makes sense Karyst having toxic damage when it is inspired in a poisonous dagger.

Forged means made from metal, so it must deal physical damage, right?

While Mire is a freaking pile of venomous infested flesh - how can it deal physical damage?

While Mire is a freaking pile of venomous infested flesh - how can it deal physical damage?

You can still deal blunt force tramua with flesh. 

After all, flesh has mass, and who is to say that it cannot be used as a bludgeon (I mean, Mary Maloney killed her husband with a leg of lamb [granted, it was frozen flesh and bone])?

talking about mire, i hope DE can fix 'toxic blight' soon. the extra 100% poison damage is not work right now, making that mod pretty much useless

It works, but buffs only toxic damage of Mire itself, which is 3,5. It means, you'll get... 7 damage! Awesome, isn't it?

Ok, Dual Ichors? I mean, they have almost the same appearance, so why they have such a difference in type of damage?

The material that the Dual Ichor "blade" is made out of something different than the Mire.

The mire is infested flesh.

While the dual ichor looks more like bone.

mire needs a complete rework. back in u7-8 the mire was one of my favorite weapons. I really wanna break out the bacon sword again, but i'd like some kinda aoe triggered by crits or status to be implemented as opposed to a straight up damage buff.

spread the poison death mire, after the DE fixes you. The Lee misses your bacon boned goodness.