The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Experiences In Other Game Forums.

Teadude

only one i ever truly tried was for Ghost Recon: Phantoms, and oh my @(*()$ god that was a pain!

I love this community and am seriously thinking about never leaving it. Then again in another year I'll probably be ranting off extremely old info about everything. Currently I have returned from a 3 week hiatus... should have gone to viver...

I started playing mobas like 3-4 years ago, and I used to be active in the forums. Maybe the competitive aspect of the moba brings out the inner crybaby/nerf everything that stomped me/psycho rager that there's in us. I'm really happy here, I have yet to see the true HELL.

I tend to sign up for the forums for most games I join, but I don't think I've been too, too serious on any in the past.

I had a lot of posts on the City of Heroes boards I think, but that was mostly goofing around with costumes and fun builds. From what I saw most of CoH was extremely care bear friendly to the point that a lot of people had that played out Diablo2 mentality of wanting to be rush just to shelve the character and start rushing a different one.

Went over 1,000 on planet-side 2 because I was a big fan of Planet-Side 1, but I wouldn't put any one label on that community.

All of the other forums of games that I liked are currently full of cancer and weebs.  

They started off with a great community but when the devs got lazy as hell and kept pumping in reskin after reskin of horribly designed "content" (Cash Shop updates was their definition of "content"), turned the game into pay2win, AND everything from damage formulas and gameplay strategies to the story (or lack therof) was figured out by said great community, the forums degraded to raging pvp whiners, community mods not doing their job, and a place where I used to go to for entertainment instead of reading discussions and getting information.

Warframe also has its share of cancer.  But from the time I popped my internet cherry to now, I probably made a total of less than five posts until I found Warframe.

I played Ragnarök for a good amount of time, maybe 7 years or more, and I joined most of the server's forums (official and non-officials), only one or two was a little more "strange", the other forums were nice in general, though only here I saw a more... how can I describe? Warm mods/adms. I mean, you'll see jokes, silly stuff, many things with a lighthearted tone, I feel really comfortable here.

I've been in many other game forums as well, and just like I said before, some ok, others not so much, still, very different from here.

BSN, fantastic community.

Oversensitive moderation, now matter how well constructed the topic on matter of issues it is closed with copypaste text.

Reasoning with them is impossible.

Also Ninja Stan.

League of Legends forums:

Toxic players, complaints about champion nerfs.

Odd moderation: quiestions locked, yet clickbait threads with malicious links at top of screen.

never really bothered writing much, except when giving feedback for regional skin promotion thing (national symbol disgraced not mention quite illegal due to connection to WWII german ideology), caused quite the ruckus 100.000 views, 20000 around something votes.

WoW:

The whine, the constant uproar about class imbalance.

Never saw anything resembling moderation

Gearbox/Borderlands: friendly community, mostly good bunch. 

Never saw major need for moderation there, people were pretty well mannared for a game that thrives on innuendos and one liners.

Edited by Morgax

Both, mildly involved in the 2d, then came back for the 3d.

Only played 3D, the game was surprisingly sort of funny, if I didn't have others I would probably still play it for casual time killing.

Didn't read the forum much, seemed somewhat alright.

I played Ragnarök for a good amount of time, maybe 7 years or more, and I joined most of the server's forums (official and non-officials), only one or two was a little more "strange", the other forums were nice in general, though only here I saw a more... how can I describe? Warm mods/adms. I mean, you'll see jokes, silly stuff, many things with a lighthearted tone, I feel really comfortable here.

The private server I played longest, which got down then came back, then down, then back up, had the usual premise about custom parameters, it got pretty hectic over time.