Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Locations And Excavation Resources ( Discussion )

Ethice

I've been with the game since around U6 and I've seen resources change locations and be created over the months, but it seems that the resource locations have become a bit strange and unbalanced. The resources I want to focus on are Orokin Cells, Control Modules and Cryotic.

Orokin Cells despite being of Orokin origin are not abundant in the void instead they're more commonly found within the standard solar map. The second half of that statement isn't an issue to me, but the first half is. It makes sense that Grineer on, for example, Saturn could have Orokin Cells in their various facilities and ships as both the Grineer and Corpus actively seek out Orokin artifacts and such, but the fact that Orokin Cells aren't even on the Void's drop table makes no sense to me. This brings me to the Control Module issue. Control Modules used to be a Corpus exclusive resource and in my opinion should return to this status. The Void should lose Control Modules as a drop and acquire Orokin Cells instead. Control Modules could continue to be as abundant as they are, but I don't think they should be more common than Orokin Cells in the Void. Not to mention Derelict ships have Orokin Cells as a drop and not Control Modules which makes even less sense since Derelict ships would have been more easily located by Grineer and Corpus than the Void itself.

Cryotic is a resource introduced along with the unveiling of the Europa planetary tileset and honestly it doesn't make much sense for it to be on any other planet especially considering the Cryotic Front mission specifies us to go to Europa for Cyotic rather than, say, Earth, implying that Cryotic is a resource specific to Europa. I think that excavations on planets other than Europa should not yield Cryotic, but instead yield the various resources that planet actually contains such as Rubedo or Ferrite from the excavators.

+1 OP

back in CB and early OB the hyena was the ONLY viable source for CM's, now everyone has thousands of them cuz the void drops them like crazy, which completely defeats the point of them being a 'rare' resource, im never going use 5k+ CM's in crafting, ever

AFAIK whoever is in charge of resource drop rates and distribution at DE has absolutely no clue what is going on ingame =[, which sad, and unprofessional =/

ArchPhaeton supports this.

Another issue is the neural sensors, they used to drop from infested Jupiter and mostly good ol' J3-Golem - basically an Infested context item. After Alad V the resource table wasn't changed, so Corpus drop an infested item for no apparent reason.

Following this idea, they could drop from delerict missions and maybe Eris, and CM's could be moved to Jupiter and Europa.

I think faction specific drops could help immersion as well. Ferrite from Grineer (armor) salvage from Corpus (robotics) nanospores from Infested (Eris and derelict, not Saturn) and so on.

Another issue is the neural sensors, they used to drop from infested Jupiter and mostly good ol' J3-Golem - basically an Infested context item. After Alad V the resource table wasn't changed, so Corpus drop an infested item for no apparent reason.

Following this idea, they could drop from delerict missions and maybe Eris, and CM's could be moved to Jupiter and Europa.

I think faction specific drops could help immersion as well. Ferrite from Grineer (armor) salvage from Corpus (robotics) nanospores from Infested (Eris and derelict, not Saturn) and so on.

I agree Neurals should be moved to the Derelict and Eris and maybe replace Orokin Cells in the Derelict which could then be moved to the Void and replace Control Modules which could then be moved to Jupiter which would give two locations to get Control Modules.

The amount of Control Modules dropped should also be lowered, in my opinion.

I'm not an old-timer like a lot of you guys, but aren't the Corrupted "actually Corpus, Grineer and Infested creatures that have been implanted with a control device, allowing the "Neural Sentry" of the Orokin Towers to manipulate them?" (from the Wiki--granted, not an official source). 

I agree with pretty much everything else you said.  Orokin Cells should be on the drop table in the void, because it just makes sense...but control modules should be there as well.  Cryotic should definitely come from Europa--I can't think of any crafting recipes that absolutely need it until players can get to Europa anyway.  Maybe they could make Argon Crystals become boss drop exclusive and have Orokin Cells become the rare drop in the Void?

I think it really boils down to a bigger issue--having just four resources per region, with set drop rates of rare, semi-rare, uncommon and common has made some "rares" become inventory clutter.  They've either got to update crafting recipes to reflect this, change the drop rates to restore these items to their "rare" status, or create more regions and rearrange the resource assignments so that "rares" can become rare once again.

not to mention that neurals and neurodes have been reverse for freaking ages, if you look closely, neural sensors are supposed to be the grineer rare resource, and neurodes are supposed to be the infested rare resource

Oxium excavators would be great.

this

I'm not an old-timer like a lot of you guys, but aren't the Corrupted "actually Corpus, Grineer and Infested creatures that have been implanted with a control device, allowing the "Neural Sentry" of the Orokin Towers to manipulate them?" (from the Wiki--granted, not an official source). 

I agree with pretty much everything else you said.  Orokin Cells should be on the drop table in the void, because it just makes sense...but control modules should be there as well.  Cryotic should definitely come from Europa--I can't think of any crafting recipes that absolutely need it until players can get to Europa anyway.  Maybe they could make Argon Crystals become boss drop exclusive and have Orokin Cells become the rare drop in the Void?

I think it really boils down to a bigger issue--having just four resources per region, with set drop rates of rare, semi-rare, uncommon and common has made some "rares" become inventory clutter.  They've either got to update crafting recipes to reflect this, change the drop rates to restore these items to their "rare" status, or create more regions and rearrange the resource assignments so that "rares" can become rare once again.

It's not that Control Modules wouldn't be there because there are corrupted Corpus in the Void. It's they shouldn't be there in place of Orokin Cells. Orokin Cells get priority over Control Modules in the Void, in my opinion.