Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Spawning

[DE]Glen

Have you considered perhaps making life-support capsules similar to the Excavation mode, in that life support is dropped by specific units, spawned at a specific rate, having a 100% drop? 

I am all for an excavation-like life support system. As someone who often uses the Vectis or Paris Prime, having targets I could prioritize would be nice.

Do you mean split the new hud icons into 3 groups of 3, or change something on the minimap?

Yup, the former.

Pardon the cut-rate job, a thing like this:

f46B3a7.png

Could either have a simple 'fill, left to right' per room, or might be simpler to tie each indicator to one of the 3 spawn spots per room, depending on the code-framework in place.

Notes:

1) I'm going by the Art of Survival thread, and various notes I've seen (e.g. the U14 note about ODS).

But they may be outdated by now. I don't think so, but I honestly haven't been actively paying attention.

2) Not sure how the (can't find it atm) change from '5 active pods + overflow buffer' to 'no instant overflow deployment' change affects anything, if at all.

Edited by Chroia

What if we LIKED having more enemies? :(

City of Villains had a great setting for their mayhem missions where you could set a difficulty slider to +X levels and

to make it harder, more risk and rewards, but this seems to be going against that kind of idea and instead homogenising it into lower spawns for everybody which seems to be a bit going backwards :(#

If people are playing the game on a playstation 4 then they can just turn the settings down if it can't handle it, or have an option for difficulty level and if they find it's too many they can turn that down, don't penalise everyone

I think a difficulty slider (Scaling up only?) for all missions is something that's welcome. That includes the regular missions, too! It's a handy thing for veterans to make earlier missions more exciting, and at later levels, it helps push the limits.  Though, for higher levels, such as Pluto or Ceres, instead of necessarily just raising the spawn rate, perhaps it may be better to increase the difficulty of each enemy, but also increase affinity gain more significantly for each enemy, as well as the drop rates for rare resources and mods. 

This might make it more engaging, as well as rewarding, for veterans to visit the later missions, and fight harder enemies, rather than permanently camping in Saturn (Which I do), or Apollodorus. 

I do think that the lack of proper scaling for rewards of all kinds against difficulty hampers the risk-reward feel in Warframe. If the goal is to encourage veterans to play at their appropriate level, then the carrot must be bigger there, as opposed to the lower levels. Two or three times the affinity for much harder enemies is a good trade-off, I think, and helps stave off boredom from steam-rolling over cardboard enemies.

Oh I forgot to mention this is the thing I am thinking of:

paragonwiki.com/wiki/Notoriety

I want to change the level I fight

• I want to fight enemies that are -1 to my level.
  • I want to fight enemies that are +0 to my level.
  • I want to fight enemies that are +1 to my level.
  • I want to fight enemies that are +2 to my level.
  • I want to fight enemies that are +3 to my level.
  • I want to fight enemies that are +4 to my level.
We've updated our data files, you are now marked as wanting to fight enemies -/+X to your level.

I want to change the number of heroes to which I'm equivalent

• I think I'm as good or better than 1 standard heroes.
  • I think I'm as good or better than 2 standard heroes.
  • I think I'm as good or better than 3 standard heroes.
  • I think I'm as good or better than 4 standard heroes.
  • I think I'm as good or better than 5 standard heroes.
  • I think I'm as good or better than 6 standard heroes.
  • I think I'm as good or better than 7 standard heroes.
  • I think I'm as good or better than 8 standard heroes.
We've updated our data files, you are now marked as equivalent to X standard heroes.

I want to fight bosses even when solo

I would like to fight Arch-villains at their full strength, not as Elite Bosses

Could it be a solution to make other ways to obtain life support as well? Like hacking certain areas for a life support boost or slow the life support drain, or allow kubrows to find additional life support on fallen enemies?

I Would definately like to see kubrows incorporated into Survival mission assistance. My kurbrow's scavenge ability allows me to pull a minimum of 50k off of solo T1 runs, so would be great to give them an extra mod to assist with survivability in this game mode.

I would like to see life support continue to be attainable after you run out. When you run out the timer should stop, but getting more from enemies or capsules should stop the health drain and resume the timer. Oxygen would continue to be a factor that makes the mission harder, but it wouldn't be a sudden mission end condition.

This would alleviate a lot of the life-support issues to some extent since it would be okay for it to be at zero for a few seconds.

Personally I'd like to see this as well.

As it stands making the already deployed life support canisters vanish is non-sensical much in the manner as having the survival within an atmosphere was.  There seems little reason for lotus to "take back" these canisters other than her wanting the tenno to die.

I understand the game mode needs a fail condition, but that could be achieved by making canisters stop being deployed (still leaving a fail condition) if the life support actually runs out (ie. no further canisters will be given, thus making those saved finite), even if gaining more life support time from remaining canisters gives more life support (its a one time deal. hit 0% and you have only what was already deployed or what enemies drop, Lotus gives no further canisters).

This way if your team was skillful enough to save some of the life support canisters then they could continue and even pull back the mission from the brink of failure (we all know how fun it is to use your skill to bring back a mission from the edge of failure) and give themselves more time to extract or even to play on for prehaps that minuite or two for the next reward.

At the end of the day whether the player has the skill to last out 5 minutes or 5 hours after life support has run out, is a test of their skill as a player/team.

Edited by Loswaith

• 1 month later...

I did a 20 minute T4 survival today and it was totally lame, boring, dead.  The spawns were just barely there.  I can't stress enough how totally boring it was with barely anything to fight because they just barely spawn.  And making them into bullet sponges doesn't improve anything at all.  I want to destroy horde as I used to do in this game.  But, there are no more hordes.  It's boring like Dark Souls.

I've been playing since April 2013 and right now this game is looking absolutely dead, just a mountain of rubbish, because:

1)  There is hardly anything to fight out side of Defence or Interception.  And, then only because the enemy have you like a fish in a barrel.

2)  The rewards for 20 min. T4S was some R5 cores and 2 forma.  T4D gives primes.  Which is not really what this thread is about exactly.  But, it does have a very bad effect on the experience. 

Basically, survival is obsolete, along with the rest of the missions, 90% of the weapons and mods.  If you want to kill stuff, sad fish in a barrel, Space Barnacle, Defence or Interception is your only choice, and a lame one at that.  There's no space for Space Ninja here.  Warframe is dead.

T4 Survival (solo) doesn't feel like it's changed at all to me (spawnrate wise).  It's still running around finding the room with the highest spawn rate and just walking around in a patrol killing S#&$.  I mean, when I find a good spawn room I can usually make it a good 30-40 minutes without using Lotus Life Support but I always extract at 40 cuz I'm a filthy casual.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

It was a 4 Tenno team, not solo, and it was very non-eventful.

Spawn rates went to S#&$ last year.  It used to be, before March 2014, that MD and survival were full of enemies.  There was no need to go looking for them.  There was no down time.  To this day, endless missions are very inactive.  There is a lot of down time.  A lot of waiting.  Most of the enemies straggle in ones or twos, like Dark Souls.  It's boring.  Just think of how ridiculous that is, enemies streaming out like in Dark Souls.  It's like lining up to get spanked.  Thank-You-Sir-May-I-Have-Another-Frame.

And, if players want downtime, they can sit on a pod in defense and have their 5 second break every wave and a 10 second one every 5 waves.  Make a picnic out of it.

And when survival first came out, it was phenomenal, and the most popular mission, until DE nerfed it, stealth nerf by stealth nerf.  It got murdered by a thousand cuts because sitting on a pod is sooooooooo Space Ninja a macro can do it.  Homer's Drinking Bird indeed.

Edited by ThePresident777