The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Viable Frames To Date?

Kvzakau

So far for me it's pointing to Saryn and Ember that might not be all that good at end game. Saryn being the one that doesn't scale too well. Ember got a stun but other than that not so much good.

Saryn can hit 18k damage with Miasma now.

So she can hit pretty dang hard and last quite awhile in Grineer even just by pressing 4.

Edited by fatpig84

Everything except Ember.

Totally agree that Ember is harder to use at higher difficulties, but I personally find her extremely useful nevertheless for all the easier levels (which we cannot avoid).

Unless I am wrong, she is one of the few (or only one?) with mobile AOE-DOT (world on fire) which is "carried" on her as she moves.

She makes the levels so much faster to complete (invoke power 4, streak through with arms in the air... weapons? bah, who needs them).

Example of uses.

- one player interception on easier levels (e.g. syndicate missions) . You just need an Ember with optimized Range and Power Efficiency, and can protect all nodes at once.

- one player defence/mobile defence on easier levels.

- all other mission types (on easier levels) can be completed much faster.

Compared with other frames, she may be "weak". But weak != not useful.

Edited by smithf

Trinity for soloing everything! Well, except T4 void defense, always have problems soloing that with Trinity for more than 10 waves.

But what do I know, I only outkill pugs and I rarely go over 40 minutes solo in T4 survival for fear of that one moment I get caught offguard and in the crosshairs of a squad of heavy gunners.

Nova, Rhino, Loki are pretty good and have been good since like the start.

Excalibur is another really good frame.

Nyx and Nekros too....

Well Mirage is also pretty good....

And Trinity is really really usefu-

Screw it, just get em all.

This 'every frame lalala'  only works for low-level stuff.   When you go vs threatening enemies you quickly realise that you need survivability, damage and crowd-control. And damage mostly comes from weapons.

Some frames can do everything, some can only be good at one role, and others are mediocre or weak  at everything.  

Don't care to start arguing, I'm sure every experienced player knows what frames are good for what.

Nyx is probably the greatest. Her chaos, mind control and absorb all pretty much scale infinitely. If you need an entire room of enemies to fight each other while you handle objectives, she's definitely someone to go to.

Limbo is also good for straight-up survival. Find a nice spot, place cataclysm down and activate rift surge for 3x damage. The bubble will ensure invinciblility while you're inside it, and nothing else will survive long when entering it. When Limbo gets his troll potential fixed, more people will appreciate having him around.