Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EE Crash Error - Corrupting Files?

The-Blacksmith

Hey, for the second time in the last couple of days, out of the blue my game closed down - no crash reports or anything. I'd just finished a mission and was busy doing my arsenal upgrades (same as the first time).

Again, like the first time, whenever I launched Warframes from then on, just as it says "Content is up to date!" (or whatever it is), an EE error screen popped up. This was closeable, but after hitting play and trying to log in, it then crashed out and gave the same error just as the solar map came up.

I believe this is something to do with corruption of local appdata. I say this for two reasons - first off, after the first crash, the login screen showed the basic excalibur frame, rather than my currently equipped Rhino frame as it normally does and when I finally fixed the error all my standard equipment was in my inventory, and second because the fix to the problem both times was to uninstall the game, delete the Warframes local appdata, and reinstall.

It's possible this may be something on my end corrupting the files, but thought it best to put it out there in case (a) others are having similar problems, and (b) it's not (just) on my end. As it is, it's relatively painless to fix given the small game size, but still a hinderance and something that shouldn't have to be done every other day :P

As an update to this, I believe I've found the problem and it's on my end - I'm running an SSD for my primary and it's only 80GB given it's 3 years old (and as we all know, SSDs back then were ridiculously priced), and I've had no end of space issues with it. It seems that when the game is trying to update my local appdata files after missions and there isn't enough space to do so, the game crashes out, the data becomes corrupt, and you have to delete the data and reinstall.

Whilst the issue is clearly on my end with space, the resulting crash and necessary fix is somewhat of an irritation - not sure if there is anything you can do on your end to ease this issue, so that it simply comes up with an "Error: Unable to update profile stats, not enough space on hard drive" or whatever? At least then it avoids the crashes and reinstalls.