Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Warframe A Co-Op Game ?

SethSamson

Hi

I recently watch a clip on youtube from E3 gameplay of the game that is 3rd person CO-OP pve shooter,

and i started to wonder. 

IF WarFrame is an CO-OP game ???

The answer is NO, better yet Warframe is far far far away from even being near to be called CO-OP game.

There is lack of dependencies : Player on Player . Therefor u got Rushers ( which i personally hate ) , u got Explorers , u got no respect etc etc .

Warframe at it base, doesn't need nor encourage you to relying on other players , ok u got revive , bypass doors  .. but is that really coop ???  

I honestly don't think that DE will ever change this , cause it would require massive changes or bunch of new systems and mechanics .

for exp.: Player + Player melee combo/finisher .

I remember tho when i started to play Warframe there was only one "map" and one decent weapon "Latron" and AKLato was AKBolto , then Warframe HAD a potential to become AWESOME  Co-Op game .

Now is just 3rd Hack & Slash , Shoot them up ..... Tower defence .... ( u got wall and waves of little soldiers are attacking ).

Don't get me wrong  the game is still cool . but sometimes u got this sad and angry feeling that it could be way way way cooler. 

Edited by SethSamson

If you wanna team to play your way, don't go to pubs. Play with your friends if you want a group to play according to you. Honestly, I rely on my friends more than I can count.

Edit: How many games do actually have co-op friendly matches if you're playing with random peeps, if you play a game like borderlands, they try to get as much loot as possible and since loot isn't shared, screw you if you wanted that legendary gun, I have it.

Edited by izzatuw

Oh no rushers, in a game that is a bout being fast! Oh no no coop if you only play easy-as-hell levels! The coop is there, its just the Warframes that lack synergy. Some have it though.

disarm+bastille, molecular prime+shield polarize etc.

However the coop doors are a bad joke, thats not coop, youre right there, its just holding off players who want to end the map quickly. Generally, if you dont want to rush but explore, play solo or with friends. This game is about speed.

Edited by Genoscythe

In fairness, we are space ninjas in super-powered suits of biotech armor.  It would feel a little cheap if we needed our buddies just to take on a squad of generic grunts.

I see your points, and recognize most of them, but I would like to offer a brief counter example: Warframe is less a co-op game in the purest sense of the word, and more a team-work game, in the sense of any team-based multiplayer like, say, Halo's Firefight mode.  You don't necessarily need your teammates, but having them around makes your like a hek of a lot easier.

It doesnt become a Co-op experience until you play something that is hard.

It is rather interesting to watch, it becomes rather apparent which players are experienced and which isnt.

As the difficulty rises in the mission you see 2-3 players playing tighter and tighter and working together more and more, while others still try to solo everything, go down, go down again and again, then rage(quit).

i agree that we need more interaction with each other in the game. but to go as far as to give a shared finisher ... i don't think so.

but first we need to get rid of all those lone guns at spawning spots, rushers trolls etc - than we can talk about decent co-op

Edited by Cracken

In fairness, we are space ninjas in super-powered suits of biotech armor.  It would feel a little cheap if we needed our buddies just to take on a squad of generic grunts.

I see your points, and recognize most of them, but I would like to offer a brief counter example: Warframe is less a co-op game in the purest sense of the word, and more a team-work game, in the sense of any team-based multiplayer like, say, Halo's Firefight mode.  You don't necessarily need your teammates, but having them around makes your like a hek of a lot easier.

you, sir, miss something, dont know if its in your mind or wherever in you, try to find it, makes also RL even more worth - and you can use warframe for ,-)))))))))))

(even if i sound or look funny with my posting, im humouriously serious ...)

i personally  hate missions types like survival defence etc there are so  boring for me so ... one geared .. if u know what i mean , i prefer mission with some goal some task 

and i don't have to many friends so i need Public cause Solo becoming so boring so fast .  

Many people don't really know what is Co-Op. 

Co-Op .. is like in real life ... there is a Fire and people stand in column and pass on a bucket of water .. this is co-op .. for me anyway ... indoor rock climbing

you are climbing and someone on the ground is holding a line if case u slip .. this is Co-Op .. 

Warframe lack all of that experience. 

NO I in Team 

semper fi

Hoah

No Man Behind 

etc ..

i see a lot of coop when i found new players, they see a higher rank player and stick with him, also i see a lot of coop when i found skilled players, when i dont see coop is when im joining pubs to kill some boss that, of course, isnt meant to be killed by potatoed guns

i personally  hate missions types like survival defence etc there are so  boring for me so ... one geared .. if u know what i mean , i prefer mission with some goal some task 
and i don't have to many friends so i need Public cause Solo becoming so boring so fast .  

Many people don't really know what is Co-Op. 

Co-Op .. is like in real life ... there is a Fire and people stand in column and pass on a bucket of water .. this is co-op .. for me anyway ... indoor rock climbing
you are climbing and someone on the ground is holding a line if case u slip .. this is Co-Op .. 

Warframe lack all of that experience. 

NO I in Team 
semper fi
Hoah
No Man Behind 
etc ..

well, you hate survival, but dont you think its coop when you divide to find more life support, and then join when you need more firepower to clean areas, then go split again, revive teammates because you need them to get life support, etc, isnt that a cooperative mechanic?

If you wanna team to play your way, don't go to pubs. Play with your friends if you want a group to play according to you. Honestly, I rely on my friends more than I can count.

This argument is irrelevant until DE fixes their netcoding.

I can play with anyone, except the people I actually want to play with.

well, you hate survival, but dont you think its coop when you divide to find more life support, and then join when you need more firepower to clean areas, then go split again, revive teammates because you need them to get life support, etc, isnt that a cooperative mechanic?

it is pseudo coop .. ilussion .. cause what if there is a noob that use life sup at 99% ?? 

coop is when ONE CAN NOT BE DONE WITHOUT OTHER 

so when rusher is way ahead team then by him self killing boss that isnt coop .. 

The game doesnt lack coop

What it lacks is tactics/planning

Ill explain if someone wants to know otherwise ill just leave this comment here

It would take me too long to post my full comment, if noone wants to read it anyway

Warframe lack conections between Warframes .. for exp .. Hydriod + Frost ..  i would be so cool if forst could freez water skills of hydriod ... 

etc etc .. or Volt and Hydriod ..  etc etc 

I would absolutely hate it if I had to depend on other warframes to get me through the simplest missions.

When I first started playing, I found that I needed help in most situations even though I wanted to solo (I prefer to know what I'm doing before I jump into a team).  This was especially the case when I was doing a Defense or Survival mission.  Now, I tend to run through those lower missions because they're easy.  I had to work for them to become easy, mind you, but that's kind of the point of grinding for me.

Just two days ago I was going through a Corpus capture mission on Venus for Syndicate rep.  I came into the mission, saw that the players had gone after one target, and decided to go after the other target to save time.  I'm rank 12, and the other players were rank 11.  Suddenly, one of the players puts out this smarmy little text "I hate it when people run ahead."

By the time you're rank 8 or so, you've probably run at least one mission where you've fought level 70 Corrupted Heavy Gunners...so if you're trying to make the most of your playing time, you certainly aren't going to be doing it in a Venus mission.  I don't know why a rank 11 player needed me to go back and hold his hand through a Venus mission, but I can tell you this:  I was pretty damned hot over it.

It doesnt become a Co-op experience until you play something that is hard.

It is rather interesting to watch, it becomes rather apparent which players are experienced and which isnt.

As the difficulty rises in the mission you see 2-3 players playing tighter and tighter and working together more and more, while others still try to solo everything, go down, go down again and again, then rage(quit).

This is dead-on.  When you first start out, the game is tough so you have to group up.  As you gain power and ability, the point at which you have to group-up increases (although getting into groups will almost always make things go faster).

My advice is simple:  find a group of like-minded players, and throw them on your Friends list.  Rather than joining PUGS, make sure you mention in the recruitment channel the kind of group you're looking for.  You're going to find a lot of synergy as you level up among abilities--when I was playing Mag, I used to love it when a Nova joined, for instance.  There can certainly be more.

But please, please don't join a PUG then expect everyone else to play the way you want them to play, because that's taking away from their enjoyment of the game.  I'm not accusing you of doing anything of the sort, I'm just saying...it's really annoying when it happens.

Yeah, no Co-op. Unfortunately  I doubt warframe would reach Left4Dead style of dependency. For example: if you rush off on your own, the AI targets the loner. Making the objective harder to complete.

But please, please don't join a PUG then expect everyone else to play the way you want them to play, because that's taking away from their enjoyment of the game. 

This goes both ways really.

Speed runners could go Solo if they don't want to get slowed down because they're at the objective before the rest. They hate being stopped.

But people who aren't part of a clan and who are mostly alone choose Group to play WITH others, not to rush. They hate not being involved with objective.

Current build doesn't have that global chat anymore so how else do they play with others? Sure they could go to the forums but that includes coming out of the game.

This should all change when a game hub arrives..

" [LFG] Grineer event chain, Saturn. SPEED RUN > KEEP UP OR BE KICKED "  

I can see it happening :)

The game is not co-op reasons, too many enemies at higher levels, auto aim bots enemies you have almost no chance to dodge bullets.

Only one time I had co-op with other guys becuase it was around level 40 greeniers exterminations and we had a good positions everybody was covering behind the walls and objects, after several seconds one guy goes forward with sword and we were shoting down all other greeniers that were away from him and they tried to shot at him, and when there was only several greeniers we all joined melee fight.
It was only possible because high leveled enemeis dealing preety good damage and no extermination enemies don't spawn in random locations.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

With few exceptions, like T3 & T4 survivals and some such, it's very possible to solo the majority of missions scales to 4 players. Hard to feel the need to cooperate when you literally don't need team mates.

On the rare occasion someone starts bleeding out is probably the most team work you see usually.

It isnt even about pubs

Dont let anyone fool you into thinking that

DE didnt think these things through and the lack of a need for team members has grown because of it

Because solo game players exist.

I solo many syndicate defenses since I know no one is coming anyway.

Same for Uranus interception since I still need dual rounds.

Warframe should always be balanced around solo first.

Team mates second as solo players are already facing unstoppable odds and strict NAT issues exist.