Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Launcher Won't Launch

MaestroSartori

So ever since the update the launcher won't even appear. No crash message, and the processes for warframe and the launcher just run in the background without actually showing up on screen. Ended up completely reinstalling the game with no luck, still happens. I understand there are going to be issues after updates like this, but I would rather not be locked out of the game while my kubrow dies.

I, too, have this problem. I checked for malware/spyware/antivirus or firewall blocking/etc, reinstalled the game, rebooted comp, nothing worked.

Tried installing after the recent hotfix, still no solution. Should I send a support ticket with my specs? Thing is I don't have any error code, the application won't start up at all. Would really like to see an answer to this as it differs from what most people have been experiencing (low download speed/optimizing cache using up too much ram/etc).

Just chiming in here, I have this problem too. I've had the same install since about the end of closed beta and never had this problem (clicking on the launcher gets me "the evolution engine has stopped working"). Uninstalled, downloaded the warframe msi file, picked an install location, then the same thing happened.

Same problem on my end. Old launcher gave me an error saying my graphics card was not supported, even though the game has always run on my PC. I had to verify the cache every time I wanted to log in, which was annoying. Now the launcher won't start at all. I click play in steam, it takes a couple seconds and then... nothing. I go from "in game - Warframe" to "online" in a couple of seconds with no error message or crash notification. 

Yes the launcher is listed in the task manager, as is the warframe exe. I don't get any "X has stopped working" messages, the tasks run and use memory just as if they were running normally, they just aren't.

Specs:

Nvidia GTX 870M (runs with optimus, I have double and triple checked that both the launcher and warframe itself are using the right card, not the intel one)

Intel i7 2.9Ghz

12GB DDR3 ram

Also, new update, I tried opening warframe again, then came here to type this and forgot to end the tasks. just now I heard the drumbeats that mean the game is ready to launch. Yet I still cannot see the launcher or play the game. So the launcher task is not only running, it is downloading updates and functioning fine except for the fact that I cannot see it. I am confused.

When I click on play in steam it opens up the launcher. After is has optimized the download cache, the drumbeat sound plays and I click play. Warframe crashes after this an a crash wizard opens up. Please someone help, I've been dying to play this game for a while now.

Edited by Missy-Splatter

this happen to me too i finally got loki i was very happy then the update came out and so as the launcher i close the game and update it then i play just fine then i took a rest turning off my pc and i woke up open the pc then click play on steam and nothing happens tried reinstalling the game still nothing.. i they fix this cant wait to play warframe again

I had this behavior happen when I had GeDoSaTo active in the background (a graphics program I use to improve the steam version of FFXIII). I deactivated and closed GeDoSato and the warframe launcher was finally able to appear. It doesn't sound like people in this thread have the very same problem. But perhaps there is a similar interfering application interaction.

Edited by Ryjeon

I had this behavior happen when I had GeDoSaTo active in the background (a graphics program I use to improve the steam version of FFXIII). I deactivated and closed GeDoSato and the warframe launcher was finally able to appear. It doesn't sound like people in this thread have the very same problem. But perhaps there is a similar interfering application interaction.

So it turns out that GeDoSaTo was my issue too, I was running it for Dark Souls 2. Deactivated and now the launcher works fine, saved my kubrow with 10% health left!

So it turns out that GeDoSaTo was my issue too, I was running it for Dark Souls 2. Deactivated and now the launcher works fine, saved my kubrow with 10% health left!

I don't have any program out of the ordinary that can be interfering with it, if only it was that simple :[[[[

So ever since the update the launcher won't even appear. No crash message, and the processes for warframe and the launcher just run in the background without actually showing up on screen. Ended up completely reinstalling the game with no luck, still happens. I understand there are going to be issues after updates like this, but I would rather not be locked out of the game while my kubrow dies.

Hmm. Launcher keeps telling me about not having the right driver

Same problem on my end. Old launcher gave me an error saying my graphics card was not supported, even though the game has always run on my PC. I had to verify the cache every time I wanted to log in, which was annoying. Now the launcher won't start at all. I click play in steam, it takes a couple seconds and then... nothing. I go from "in game - Warframe" to "online" in a couple of seconds with no error message or crash notification.

I was wondering if you found a solution to your issue.

I too am having the same issue.

I just had the same problem for about 2 days now. I found the solution for me:

Goto C:\Users\*NAME*\AppData\Local\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Drivers\DirectX9

Got something like this, except the Drivers folder isn't even there, which is probably why my system intergrity checks keep failing, however, they never seem to download 'em. 3 reinstalls and many intergrity checks later...still nothing. Downloaded and installed DX9, still the same problem as described. 

*sigh* THIS is how I return after a prolonged break. Brilliant.

I got the same problem.I closed GeDoSaTo and Radeon Pro...no Luck. I reisntalled like 3 times with both website and steam versions.  The Launcher actually appeared a second but after closing it it never poped up again lol.

Specs:

i5 3570k

8gb ram

I mean my PC isnt bad so idk lol. I'm going to reinstall again :S

Edit1: im going to install it on my SSD this time

Edit2: It seems to like my SSD soo far

Edit3: Yup works fine weird how i had to change install path. maybe try partitioning your harddrives with minitool partition wizard lol?

Edited by Toonation