Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To improve Longevity and my Ideas.

Insult

I have been gaming for 2 decades. I know what I like in a game, but this is not about me. There are several things you can add to the game to increase the longevity. I will admit I have not scrutinized all the posts yet, so some of this may have already been said.

First, gamers love vanity items. They want to show off to other gamers at what they have earned or found or achieved. What a lot of gamers will gladly play or "grind" for is Titles, Skins, Weapons, and Achievement Points.

There are several ways you can do this. You can add Challenge mode to each mission. For example clear this mission in under these conditions and you receive a rank EX Gold, Silver, Bronze. When you clear an entire area in gold you get a special unlock. It does not have to be an OP weapon or anything it can be cosmetic.

If you want the community to stick around after the first play through you needs to drive them to want to stay through a goal.

I’ll be honest; No matter what War frame you play your goal is the one of like the same 6 missions a hundred times over.

You can expand these levels on to an actual planet; have interactive environments new units to kill.

Make each War frame have a specific role. Add specialized weapons for each and only allow specific equipment to be used with specific Warframes.

The assassination levels need to feel more about 1 specific goal of killing 1 unit, frankly they are too easy and there isn’t many mechanics to them. While I know it’s Beta and there will be many changes to come consider taking leads from other games that have had a successful bout of boss fights in games like this. Don’t copy, but see what works and is enjoyed by the community and try to replicate that.

You can have an arena, where you’re pitted against waves and they increase in difficulty every level and like every fifth level you fight a boss to advance to the next tear. There can be leaderboards for single players or teams, awards in gear, achievements or titles.

Games like to kill other players, if all else fails gamers will stay and play just to kill other players. Should you decide to take this as a serious thought it has to be well put together? It must be balanced and well organized. Just because you play the missions a certain style does not mean all other aspects of the game have to be played the same.

I have been playing for about 24 hours. I think I can safely say that I’ve seen all the content the beta as of right now can offer. I think it’s a great start but will need a lot on top of that to be a successful game that people will want to show their friends.

Below are issues I’ve seen so far.

Clipping has been a sever issue. I have seen people walk through doors, walls, and containers which allow them to shoot through them.

When an NPC comes close to melee you he can actually stand directly on top of you which prevent you from attacking him.

The jump ability for the Excalibur really has no feasibility, it seems to be filler, but I have not seen 1 instance in where it is a benefit to use other than to try and exploit ledges or walls.

I’ve seen players do it over and over, and that is jump off ledges to teleport back to another area instead of taking the correct path. There need to be some sort of punishment for falling of a ledge.

I know this post is riddles with typos of all kinds, please look past them and let me know what you think.

Edited to fix most of my errors.

50 Views and comment?

Edited by Insult

I mostly aggre with you, except the PVP thing, I honestly think that the game doesn't need it, There's a lot of PVP games ot there , of many kinds, I don't see how another PVP game would be good in the market, otherwise, The specific soles and equipment, unlocks and everything else you mentioned are great ideas.

I mostly aggre with you, except the PVP thing, I honestly think that the game doesn't need it, There's a lot of PVP games ot there , of many kinds, I don't see how another PVP game would be good in the market, otherwise, The specific soles and equipment, unlocks and everything else you mentioned are great ideas.

Thanks for the feedback, I agree a successfull PVP aspect will be extremely difficult to pull off. I only suggested it because of that nich of gamers who only like pvp.

I really don't think this game needs any serious PvP. It will just attract a crowd of people what will want to turn it into moder warfare in space. More challenging content would be appreciated with possible achievement awards. Not sure if titles would work really well though given how the interface is currently.

I really don't think this game needs any serious PvP. It will just attract a crowd of people what will want to turn it into moder warfare in space. More challenging content would be appreciated with possible achievement awards. Not sure if titles would work really well though given how the interface is currently.

I can agree with you on your views about pvp. I think that perhaps the interface could be updates a bit to show names above each individual. I think that more challenging content would be a beneficial route.

Also I'm one of those people that like exploring and checking every room, smashing every barrel, opening every locker, etc...

I think it would be cool if there were something like special "chests" that have a really low chance of spawning in a level that possibly had rare drops specific to the planet region that would always be far off the normal fast route rewarding those who are a bit thorough with their missions.

Also I'm one of those people that like exploring and checking every room, smashing every barrel, opening every locker, etc...

I think it would be cool if there were something like special "chests" that have a really low chance of spawning in a level that possibly had rare drops specific to the planet region that would always be far off the normal fast route rewarding those who are a bit thorough with their missions.

I think that is a fantstic idea. I was just saying at this point the Jump ability really has no usability at this point.