[De] First Person Mode. Support This Thread.

I vote that they fix this bug. It's annoying and its been around for too long.

Yes its anoying because camera is random, if it will be bugged in good position it's feels good because you can see all things. If wrong position it's blocking your visible, and its anoying.

First person camera will be set by devs to be playable.

Need for Speed was developed to have both of those camera angles placed in from the very beginning. 

Warframe would need to go through this long and extremely arduous task to make it work.

GTA is not a fast paced shooter. Therefore, the FPS aspect works. 

Also, they have Rockstar behind GTA. They have waaaay more power in the team than DE has.

Warframe community always problems. NO COMMENT to you buddy.

Need For Speed shift for example. camera in first person view, and camera from third person.

GTA V was from Third person camera and now it is and they are making first person mode.

PROBLEM?

I know that it is different feelings playing game in different cameras, and people are using to one of them, what they like more. I feel more like in first person mode because I feel like I'm this character and I'm more accuracy in shoting.

For GTA it's not the same game but a new opus

For need for speed it's a car game... it always has been like that, and there are always more things you see in TPS than FPS

FPS is pointless in warframe

People keep saying that the acrobatics would be too disorientating, what I don't think they are realizing is that the camera wouldn't be attached to the head.  it would be just like the glitch is now, the camera would be the same as normal except 1: it wouldn't zoom in when aiming unless using a sniper and 2: it might have to move when the player is sprinting, crouching, or sliding.  Other than that, is would just be in a static position like it is now.  People keep saying that it would be "Pointless" but this isn't true, the "point" of doing this is because some people (including me) think it would be fun, not useful, not better, not easier, but fun, and after all, fun is the ENTIRE point of games.  No, it wouldn't really add to the game, in fact it would take away from tactical awareness (which I consider very important), but...

IT. WOULD. BE. FUN.

People keep saying that the acrobatics would be too disorientating, what I don't think they are realizing is that the camera wouldn't be attached to the head.  it would be just like the glitch is now, the camera would be the same as normal except 1: it wouldn't zoom in when aiming unless using a sniper and 2: it might have to move when the player is sprinting, crouching, or sliding.  Other than that, is would just be in a static position like it is now.  People keep saying that it would be "Pointless" but this isn't true, the "point" of doing this is because some people (including me) think it would be fun, not useful, not better, not easier, but fun, and after all, fun is the ENTIRE point of games.  No, it wouldn't really add to the game, in fact it would take away from tactical awareness (which I consider very important), but...

IT. WOULD. BE. FUN.

This is simply your opinion. I can offer mine right now and it'll be as valued as yours.

And if it isn't useful, or better, or easier then how can it be fun?

Is the exact opposite of those fun?

IT. WOULDN'T. BE. FUN.

How is it not a valid reason?

Imagine all the resources being poured into something that in the end, warframe simply does not need. 

Do you really want an FPS mode as opposed to an end-game, functional core gameplay and the like?

Oh and before anyone brings up GTA 5 on the PS4 and Xbone, lemme remind you that in GTA, you don't do parkour all over the place at break-neck speeds.

In all fairness you never do parkour in warframe either. 

Sure it's a valid reason for DE saying they wont do it but not a valid reason for saying you don't want it. In that scenario your not saying you don't want it you are saying you would rather the resources go on something else. 

In all fairness you never do parkour in warframe either. 

Sure it's a valid reason for DE saying they wont do it but not a valid reason for saying you don't want it. In that scenario your not saying you don't want it you are saying you would rather the resources go on something else. 

When did I say I didn't want it for those reasons?

The parts when I said the reasons why were directly from a DE official, hell I can bring up the discussion if I can get the permission to. 

IT. WOULD. BE. FUN.

If you want this kind of fun go play garry's mod....

VOTE NO. The object of this game so people could explore look around see things that a 1st person wouldn't be able to see. its not a first person shooter game, go play COD or whatever. OR give people the option to choose. 

+1 No

well if its optional who cares? its peoples playstyles and it doesnt affect anything of the gameplay whatsoever other than looking around through walls. its provides immersion and will definitely make players feel more "intimate" with their frames

People will never stop asking for this (mostly because of that famous bug). I guess that the one & only way to make everyone happy is to make it optional.

I don't mind if they ever make it one day (I prefer the 3rd person vision), but for those who really like this : prepare yourself to wait a loooong time, they have other important stuff to do.(core gameplay-wise : AI tweaks,stealth,parkour,lore,old promises,enemies appearance,bosses to rework...)

well if its optional who cares? its peoples playstyles and it doesnt affect anything of the gameplay whatsoever other than looking around through walls. its provides immersion and will definitely make players feel more "intimate" with their frames

I can use the same thing about the PvP aspect.

It's optional so who cares 

But look at how it turned out.

and nothing can ever be progressed with just saying NO to everything just because its different

To you this would be progression, but to me this is regression into something Warframe should not (and cannot) be.

If it requires little development time and is OPTIONAL, then I fully support it. I see no reason why people shouldn't be given a choice.

Personally, I would never use it. I've played other games that let you choose between first and third person (face of mankind), and the difference is striking.

Battlefield awareness, spatial awareness, and personal awareness go waaay down.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why so many people are against making it optional. Hey, if it doesn't directly affect you, why on F*ck Hill would you care if someone else has FPS Mode enabled? Jeez.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why so many people are against making it optional. Hey, if it doesn't directly affect you, why on F*ck Hill would you care if someone else has FPS Mode enabled? Jeez.

Because we don't want the devs to lose time on something THIS stupid and rather fix bug and create new interesting stuff that everybody will enjoy and not people who likes to see a glitched FPS view of the game ?

Just saying...

It's not because we don't want others.

It's because even it being optional requires DE to have spend time and resources for something that warframe does not need.

Optional aspects of the game are minor things. Things that leave subtle changes, but this is not a subtle change.

Because we don't want the devs to lose time on something THIS stupid and rather fix bug and create new interesting stuff that everybody will enjoy and not people who likes to see a glitched FPS view of the game ?

Just saying...

It's not because we don't want others.

It's because even it being optional requires DE to have spend time and resources for something that warframe does not need.

Optional aspects of the game are minor things. Things that leave subtle changes, but this is not a subtle change.

I'm not saying it should be a priority at all. More or less a side project. Something with absolute minimal time going into it and have people goof off with it if they want. What resources could they possibly "waste" on something so minute? All one would have to do is find out why this glitch is occurring, harness that coding error, and manipulate it to the devs' advantage.

[inb4 that's not how coding works]

Regardless, you get the point. It's practically already half-way done. The screenshots provided in numerous threads show something that's almost stable as is. And the nay-sayers are saying HELL NO to something that you know full-well wouldn't directly affect you? Because that makes sense, right?

They don't need to concentrate on it for multiple hours at a time. It doesn't have to be something that ab-so-lutely needs to be perfect. Just something different. Something friggin' different to make things feel a little DIFFERENT. We all know how Archwing was upon first release, but at least it was different. It will renew satisfaction to most people that play this game. I guarantee it.

Need to fix that issue. It happened to me sometimes and it was very annoying. Some of the facial graphics blocked the view and I was running blind when that happened. I hate those glitches.

Now, for the FPS view. I really don't mind to have that option for players who enjoy that. Why not?! I myself may not like it too much, also the fact that WF are somewhat super-human, their speed of the action would be a lot faster than those in Destiny, CoD or Battlefield and may be harder for the devs to make it work properly. But hey there are Tenno who like it and I'm all for more options.

I'm not saying it should be a priority at all. More or less a side project. Something with absolute minimal time going into it and have people goof off with it if they want. What resources could they possibly "waste" on something so minute? All one would have to do is find out why this glitch is occurring, harness that coding error, and manipulate it to the devs' advantage.

[inb4 that's not how coding works]

Regardless, you get the point. It's practically already half-way done. The screenshots provided in numerous threads show something that's almost stable as is. And the nay-sayers are saying HELL NO to something that you know full-well wouldn't directly affect you? Because that makes sense, right?

They don't need to concentrate on it for multiple hours at a time. It doesn't have to be something that ab-so-lutely needs to be perfect. Just something different. Something friggin' different to make things feel a little DIFFERENT. We all know how Archwing was upon first release, but at least it was different. It will renew satisfaction to most people that play this game. I guarantee it.

You have no idea how this stuff works do you?

Development of things like this isn't an easy process, it requires time, money, resources and patience. 

And I'm sorry, but why bother putting something into the game that is half-assed as opposed to being perfect? That makes no sense.

You want something different? There are so many other ways we can handle this, ways that would truly make warframe stand out from the bland FPS games that flood the gaming market

I say hell no to this because I don't want DE to waste time on soemthing that is not needed. If you do not understand this, I cannot say nything more to you.