Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De] First Person Mode. Support This Thread.

IfritKajiTora

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why so many people are against making it optional. Hey, if it doesn't directly affect you, why on F*ck Hill would you care if someone else has FPS Mode enabled? Jeez.

Because its Warframe forum Community. If its not affecting their game style but they can hate, they will hate. I learned that a whole time ago, that trying to write long posts about something that you was thinking many of time, how it should be balanced and work etc. is just waste of time because Warframe forum community will always say NO. even if they didn't readed all.

You have no idea how this stuff works do you?

Development of things like this isn't an easy process, it requires time, money, resources and patience. 

And I'm sorry, but why bother putting something into the game that is half-assed as opposed to being perfect? That makes no sense.

You want something different? There are so many other ways we can handle this, ways that would truly make warframe stand out from the bland FPS games that flood the gaming market

I say hell no to this because I don't want DE to waste time on soemthing that is not needed. If you do not understand this, I cannot say nything more to you.

Me too, bye then. Don't come back here please : )

For those who say no to this proposal:

OP is asking is player option to decide whether you want to view your camera in 1st or 3rd person. If you do not like, simply not active in your options menu.

Sorry for my bad English, and +1 to the OP.
Edited by Awazx

And I'm sorry, but why bother putting something into the game that is half-assed as opposed to being perfect? That makes no sense.

Quite honestly, this is the only thing you provided that was worth a response. And that response is:

You're asking me, a player who's been here for over a year, why DE would put something into Warframe if it wasn't perfected and/or completed?  Ohhh man, you're a special kind of new here, buddy. If I had the time and patience, I would put together a montage that would likely last 30-45min long providing all of the things they've implemented that's been incomplete, buggy, and...well, truthfully quite garbage-like in the past six months alone. I mean, yes, they are indeed doing what they can to fix this, but have you seen half the things they've added within the first 48 hours of release?

Before you say something, make sure you think a little about what you're about to say.

[Edit: Grammar, sentence structure]

Edited by OutrightMakoto

I say hell no to this because I don't want DE to waste time on soemthing that is not needed. If you do not understand this, I cannot say nything more to you.

Let [DE] decide what is important to your game or not.

Edited by Awazx

The fact is that people saying "yes" don't understand  that it's not easy to be a game dev and an option like this isn't easy to do and even if it was in their dev plan... it's so "less priority" because useless to the game that it would be a waste of time, money and energy to do something like that.

It has NO POINT in warframe therefore stop asking devs to work on something useless and pointless and ask them instead to fix x or y bug or provide useful idea that will indeed make this game better

Didn't DE shoot this whole idea down multiple times? I'm baffled this is still up for conversation, but then again I still see genderbending frames and founders program return threads occasionally... Guess I'm giving the community too much credit.

Either way, it's not likely gonna happen, and if it does not only will I be surprised but it will be a long time from now (1 yr+). They'd have to go back and retexture and remodel EVERY gun and EVERY frame so that they look right and have no clipping issues (amongst a hundred other things they'd have to check for literally any item with a physical interaction for your frame) prior to being able to ship out even the most basic rendition of first person mode.

The game is perfectly fine and incredibly enjoyable without a first person mode, and in all honesty if you can't bring yourself to get immersed just because you're not playing inside the frame's head that's a little sad.

Beyond that, IF they were to make a first person mode, I'd be blown away if they went the route I've suggested a couple of times. This would entail making a custom visor/screen/hud for the interior of each helmet for every frame so as to legitimately immerse you in that frame. Yeah, I can already tell you that's a pipe dream, and it would take FOREVER to be completed even if it were possible. 

In summary: All in all, it's a cool idea in theory. However, DE is already spread thin as it is, the LAST thing that they need to do is to start focusing a fair portion of their collective efforts on engineering a game mechanic that would nigh undoubtedly end up half baked, glitchy, and potentially nauseating. It's completely superfluous. This isn't an issue of "Oh, well it would be an option so if you don't like it don't use it" this is an issue of the developer not wasting their time and effort which could be used on improving our quality of life in game be it with new content, updated mechanics, etc. It's a big ol' NO from me, mate.

Edited by Kestral9999

Hold on a second here.

All I would like is to simply have the camera POV moved from where it is now to in front of where the Frame face is, I don't need to see my Frame and guns, I want a viewpoint that is not blocked 20% by my stupid Frame. If I just had the option of "make Frame transparent" I would have ticked it from the start. I'm not interested in a "look down the barrel when aiming effect" or similar.

I have already HAD a similar effect as a bug more then once. I've had it shift to chest level, which made it hard to use because every time I looked up, my frame was in the way, so I had to stare at the ground in front a lot in order to see ahead, and I've the camera end up above head level but zoomed further back, which was actually not bad. I've even had the zoomed back effect in AW, the best thing there was that when that happened, there was no shaking during sprinting.

The "camera" is sitting at X-Y-Z. If it was moved to be in line to where our eyes would be, we would get the desired effect. To a point.

Uh... Sorry no. The acrobatics would be way too disorientating in first person (can you imagine how dizzy all the coptering in the game would make you?). Also, They'd have to take a lot of time to redesign the entire perspective of the game instead of working things that actually need fixing. 

It could be optional

Coptering doesnt have to spin your camera, that should be obvious

They could do a short cam repositioning and leave it there to start, doing the rest over time

Not having them do it because of other things is a sorry excuuse

The same one people use as a reason to halt progress in PvP

Didn't DE shoot this whole idea down multiple times?

Either way, it's not gonna happen, and if it does not only will I be surprised but it will be a long time from now. They'd have to go back and retexture and remodel EVERY gun and EVERY frame so that they look right and have no clipping issues (amongst a hundred other things they'd have to check for literally any item with a physical interaction for your frame) prior to being able to ship out a working first person mode.

The game is perfectly fine and incredibly enjoyable without a first person mode, and in all honesty if you can't bring yourself to get immersed just because you're not playing inside the frame's head that's a little sad.

Beyond that, IF they were to make a first person mode, I'd be blown away if they went the route I've seen suggested a couple of times. This would entail making a custom visor/screen/hud for each helmet for each frame so as to legitimately immerse you in that frame. Yeah, I can already tell you that's a pipe dream, and it would take FOREVER to be completed even if it were possible. 

In summary: DE is already spread thin as it is, the LAST thing that they need to do is to start focusing a fair portion of their collective efforts on engineering a game mechanic that would undoubtedly end up half baked, glitchy, and potentially nauseating. It's completely superfluous. This isn't an issue of "Oh, well it would be an option so if you don't like it don't use it" this is an issue of the developer not wasting their time and effort which could be used on improving our quality of life in game be it with new content, updated mechanics, etc. It's a big ol' NO from me, mate.

Remodeled rewamped weapons and etc. Devs are repairing game slowly, so first person mode will be repaired from bugs slowly. Small hot fix to the game and small improvement to first person mode for example. With those little steps first person mode will look good and will be almost in 100% of time playable.

Remodeled rewamped weapons and etc. Devs are repairing game slowly, so first person mode will be repaired from bugs slowly. Small hot fix to the game and small improvement to first person mode for example. With those little steps first person mode will look good and will be almost in 100% of time playable.

Here's my main point, it's not that I don't want the mode, if Warframe were simply made with a first person option back when I started playing in closed beta I'd have used that almost exclusively. I like first person mode, it's my preference in games like Skyrim and GTA5. However, it wasn't and I feel that DE devoting a large portion of their efforts to a first person camera at this time is utterly pointless and I'd much prefer to see them set their sights on legitimate endgame content/new weapons/revamping stances/improving parkour/general balance/a new faction of enemies/et cetera MUCH more than I want to be able to copter in first person and puke on my keyboard.

This is one of those situations where I can't help but think we're too far gone to go back and revamp everything we've got so far to work with a first person that would likely be incredibly janky if it worked at all. If this were back when there were only 30 or so weapons I'd say "go for it". At this point, they'd have to hire half a team of people solely dedicated to work on remodeling everything for first person view if we didn't want to see a drop in DE's devotion to pushing new and better content.

To put it bluntly, I'd have bittersweet feelings about it if DE were to announce during a devstream that they are making a first person option. We'd be hearing about it for months, getting overly hyped, and when it finally came out, people would do nothing but complain about the hive of glitches that came with it. Sorry if I'm being pessimistic, I'm attempting to look at this as objectively as I possibly can.

The cons simply outweigh the pros for me. There's only one pro, "cool new perspective", followed by a myriad of cons.

Edited by Kestral9999

Trust me, in terms of time and resources, DE would have to spend a large chunk of their capital in order to even start this. And slow or not, this will take time and money. But mostly money. In fact, a lot of money. Most AAA FPS titles spend at least 20% of their overall capital tweaking the POV and making sure everything fits into place. And they normally have billions of dollars.

Now, DE is a very small company with little in the way of staff and revenue. If what they're saying is correct, they only have little over 200 employees, not counting partnerships. The median salary of an employee working there is about $44,000 USD. Based on this information, I would assume that the payment of 200+ employees would leave them with very little for side-projects, let alone this one.

TL:DR: In my opinion, there are more important things to be spending resources, income and human capital on then this. A camera viewpoint change might seem simple, but believe me, it costs.

Edited by Snydrex

What "remodeling"?

What "animation fixes"?

We have an invisible camera that hovers over our shoulder and looks at things. Why can't we have that camera sitting where our face is?

Pretty sure that if the game can screw up and give me a different position for that camera, it can be coded to sit where ever the hell players want, for example, NOT offset to one side, and far enough forward to not show the Frame in the view.

The game ALREADY does this when you get near a wall. I want the same effect without my damn head being drawn as well when I aim down the barrel. There, just saved DE a million in "development" work.

EDIT: Just noticed that even my stupid dog has more Shields and Health then me.

CIR7DnA.jpg

Edited by DSpite

What "remodeling"?

What "animation fixes"?

We have an invisible camera that hovers over our shoulder and looks at things. Why can;t we have that camera sitting where our face is?

Pretty sure that if the game can do screw up and give me a different position for that camera, it can be coded to sit where ever the hell players want, for example, NOT offset to one side, and far enough forward to not show the Frame in the view.

Or they could just make the warframe transparent as you aim.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you already said that.

Edited by Snydrex

I'm just SAYING, that it would be very very nice to have a "centered view" but we CANT have that because the damn Frame is in the way.

Try ACTUALLY doing the following thing while in game:

* Face forward.

* Aim down the barrel to get the viewpoint to move closer to the Frame

* Press H. It will switch the camera from right to left and vice versa.

Now imagine you could stop the camera going all the way across, and you stopped it dead middle. Now move the camera forward so that the Frame stops blocking the view.

Ta-Daaaa.

First Person View ... point ... ish. Good enough. Ship it.

Trust me, in terms of time and resources, DE would have to spend a large chunk of their capital in order to even start this. And slow or not, this will take time and money. But mostly money. In fact, a lot of money. Most AAA FPS titles spend at least 20% of their overall capital tweaking the POV and making sure everything fits into place. And they normally have billions of dollars.

Now, DE is a very small company with little in the way of staff and revenue. If what they're saying is correct, they only have little over 200 employees, not counting partnerships. The median salary of an employee working there is about $44,000 USD. Based on this information, I would assume that the payment of 200+ employees would leave them with very little for side-projects, let alone this one.

TL:DR: In my opinion, there are more important things to be spending resources, income and human capital on then this. A camera viewpoint change might seem simple, but believe me, it costs.

Absolutely no one puts so much of their resources into centering the camera to the eyes. To even believe such a thing is...well, odd.

Absolutely no one puts so much of their resources into centering the camera to the eyes. To even believe such a thing is...well, odd.

It's even more odd to think that the only thing needed to do IS centering the camera.

-snip-

To be fair, that would be awesome. I would fully support the idea of a first person toggle if I knew DE had the gusto for it. But right now, I'm unsure.

Edited by Snydrex

I'm just SAYING, that it would be very very nice to have a "centered view" but we CANT have that because the damn Frame is in the way.

Try ACTUALLY doing the following thing while in game:

* Face forward.

* Aim down the barrel to get the viewpoint to move closer to the Frame

* Press H. It will switch the camera from right to left and vice versa.

Now imagine you could stop the camera going all the way across, and you stopped it dead middle. Now move the camera forward so that the Frame stops blocking the view.

Ta-Daaaa.

First Person View ... point ... ish. Good enough. Ship it.

^This.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

If you want first person mode in Warframe please support this thread. I really want first person camera mode.

TO DEVS:

I know that the First person camera is bugged, warframe parts entering the camera, but you can add this option now to the game as a alpha mode, in option menu it should be called ,,First Person Mode [Work In Progress, not recommended]'' something like that and after some time you will maybe repair the bugs with this camera.

Even if its bugged I really will enjoy playing in this camera mode and many people too.

I could feel like in Unreal Tournament game.

You can add three options in first person mode camera: Far, Medium, close. Some Warframe parts can block view

so people would like to chose camera little closer to have less obscures.

If its possible in first person mode player should not be abble to see helmet, just like helmet is invisible for him to avoid a lot of obscures on screen.

Screens from first person mode:

http://imgur.com/a/jFp0W

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/Alex_Furdelance/2014-06-09_00019_zps29a236fb.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4895/oj96.jpg

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/597033851811315552/32BE68BE94AF95A0B983214C7C451D2160E29090/1024x576.resizedimage

http://i.imgur.com/5PeHzcm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QvhEybs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yu6Ga7s.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/ip8dv5.jpg

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/598153784014111577/7413FD6869E021903923E0A2185DE424D8F03314/1024x819.resizedimage

http://i60.tinypic.com/2gwgqag.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/evFd59L.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r0jEC2Q.jpg

EDIT:

Update: if there is problem with wall runing coptering and etc, you can always make for that moment camera change to third person mode and while landing back to first person mode view. This is just an idea for Devs to make it more playable if wall runing and some things could be not playable at these moments. so I hope it will safe your time of thinking on things how to fix.

imagine the camera rotates as you do the slide attack..