November 21St: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

1,898 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"We will not be returning to a dark theme"

As a 100% serious proposal, I'm willing to fix your botched new forum theme free of charge. I'm a website developer with 12 years of professional experience at it. I'll develop theme styles which follow industry best practices about topics such as contrast, fonts, colors, and other readability issues as well as make it a mobile-first responsive design and increase performance of the forums. Free of charge because I hate the red-and-white theme that much. PM me to continue the discussion.

Edited by mrecentric

Hardcore mode:  Absolutely not.  I would personally not use it, and I think it is a poor idea for Warframe.  If you aren't feeling challenged enough, there are various ways to increase the difficulty within the game.  I think the people that would be in favor of it would cry for it to be incentivized with better rewards, which means the rest of us would be forced to play that mode if we wanted those rewards/boosts.  I don't think it is a smart choice for Warframe.

This is pretty much what I have to say on the subject, there's not point to it being a thing.

The idea itself it's pretty terrible but if someone wants to 'challenge' themselves that way then fine. But eventually people will cry for rewards because there is no other incentive to do so and whn you bring rewards then you are pretty much forcing people to play that awful mode because that's the way to get something.

Can we finally FINALLY get stealth going ? Please? Its been entirely too long and there is finally an official poll with players screaming for it now. Please stop whatever shiny new whatever you plan on putting in the game and take the time and put this in the game as something thats almost universally optional @_@ STEALTH PLZ GIB KTHX.

Edited by grillv20

Forum Theme;

Just lemme stick with the old one as an option and do what you want with further themes! I do not care for the blaring red and white theme myself, but I know a portion of the playerbase likes it so let em have it too, provided that the other options remain.

Hardcore Mode;

To have as an option for those that want it, sure...but I sure as hell won't be using it, lol. It'll add a level of prestige to the game though, kind of like having hardcore speedrunners and challenge players, it'll present a way to really show off the skill you possess in this game.

Stealth;

Should become a game mode much like Archwing is a game mode. Even with options provided, playing in PUG's will likely screw the concept anyway given that you can't really rely on cooperation necessarily. And if you have a dedicated and familiar squad instead, then you already have all the tools you need to pull off stealth effectively. Either make it a game mode with failure penalties under certain conditions involving blown cover, or just kinda let it be.

Syndicate Weapons;

I want to say yes so bad...but it would require precise balancing of all the weapons to keep this relatively even spread of Syndicate support in the community, otherwise it'll become lopsided very quick. The safe option would be specific weapon cosmetics inline with the faction. Mak_Gohae mentioned Syndicate alt helms for favored frames, that would be amazing too. But yeah, I want some sort of Syndicate weapon thing to happen, like said cosmetics is safe, full-on weapons maybe not but it'd still be cool and if strict attention is paid to balancing for those weapons I am all for it, I'd hands-down want fully exclusive weapons.

For the stealth, how about having the crouch key/button make you get close and tight to your hiding place.  If anything like this is ever implemented please do not make that button have you automatically go from cover to cover... EVER.  Maybe have the requirement be to stay still for a second WHEN next to something so that all other mechanics of the game are untouched.  NO AUTO SLIDING TO COVER.  Have it be a double tap or something. 

As for the syndicate weapons, i'd rather have a straight up grade for certain weapons without the use of mods.  Burston Prime's codex refers to the true power of said weapon to have never truly been replicated, seeing as how the burston is a weapon of choice for the Arbiters Of Hexis, they could be the ones who truly make this rifle shine.  I'm clueless for the other sydicates but i have trust in you DE. 

Edited by FrostBittenHero

Not much of one for "hardcore" or "endgame" gameplay in general, no matter what I might write suggestions for, and the thought of actually losing equipment because of it - especially in a game with as low a time to kill as Warframe - only makes it even less attractive.  There are other ways to provide both challenge and risk to a gametype.

As for connections, I marked "not often," but that's kind of a lie.  *I* don't get disconnected much, though I do a lot of solo runs so it's generally a nonissue, but one of my regular gaming buddies is almost constitutionally incapable of making or maintaining a connection.  He doesn't get booted from a mission all that often, but it can take him upwards of five minutes to join one assuming he doesn't get knocked back to the Liset from the loading screen to begin with.  How much of that is solely the fault of his connection I really have no idea.

Stealth would be nice, I guess, but the main appeal of Warframe comes from agility and massed firepower.  If you want to make a simple tweak (and maybe some more complex map alterations) I'd give enemies a reduced vertical field of vision, at least until they're alarmed.  Let us parkour silently above them and that sort of thing (as seen in Rescue 2.0 and the teased Spy mission).  Another quality-of-life improvement would be to increase the range and field for stealth attacks slightly so enemies were a lot less likely to spin around and Radial Blast you right as you pressed the button, and so that pressing the button would almost certainly be an ambush attack and not a polite tap on the shoulder.

Beyond that, I think Notionphil's thread (surprise!) on just keeping the enemy from realizing your target instead of hiding in the shadows under a cardboard box is the best idea I've heard for preserving player choice while adding a new and clever layer of challenge into the gameplay.  You can sneak around with silenced weapons and melee kills, you can blitz a room and kill everyone who tries to sound an alarm, whatever works - which is arguably more options than we have just from straight gunplay like we have now.

Lastly, I do not like the idea of adding more rewards to Syndicates right now, as that just incentivizes even more grinding and faster burnout with a system we were all so enthusiastic about a month ago.  More mod cards, better mod cards, sure, but not weapons or warframes or anything of the sort.  Focus on building up the interest level through gameplay additions and lore tidbits first so we actually have a reason to pick a team or two and stick with them, then start adding rewards once the immersion factor is high enough to keep players invested instead of resentful that they now "have" to grind all the way back out of -2 with factions who hadn't offered them enough at first.  Otherwise it's just another numbers game, just like Invasions turned out to be after the storytelling fell out from under them.

With regard to the syndicate weapons, make them untradable and also unusable if your standing drops too low. They should be rewards for players that are dedicated to a particular syndicate, not something that can just be traded around or earned on a whim. However, this does mean that each syndicate would need equally appealing loot to keep the population balance even.

Mhh, what kind of bother me with the forum change is that it's just a color swap with white boxes on bright background. It clash a lot to me since it's so similar to what we had already. 

I'd like Syndicate weapons that can't be traded. A lot of people would want them tradable for the MR, but I'd rather have weapons that are MEANINGFUL as opposed to cheap weapons everyone and their mother has. I don't think MR points would justify them being tradeable, we have enough items in the game, so what if 3-4 are out of your reach... 

Honestly not a fan of stealth all around. I can see its value and its moment of brilliance, but it feels too different from Warframe's core to be implemented gracefully as is. In the optic of making Warframe a "true" sandbox spec-op mission stimulator, stealth should be implemented at some point. 

Well,here are my opinions...

The Red and White Elephant in the Room

While I do like the theme,it really is problematic. It is very bad for our eyes.

I would have said to just change the colour scheme,but I won't since you said this-> "As proud Canadians, we didn’t even think twice about a little (a lot) of red and white!"

So,just a request,make it a little eye-friendly. I am sure you guys can think of something.

Hardcore Mode

Well,as much as I like the idea,this might be difficult for those who are casual players or even for those who have limited warframes. Obviously,I dont care,I may just go in with my Normal Rhino(Since I also have prime) and might make another if I lose it.

But,I might as well say this...Dont spawn any assassins like Stalker,G3 etc. in these missions. Also,make sure it's rewarding(as in,very rewarding).

Mission Disconnects

Yes please!

Stealth Hiding

I will be honest here. Warframe is not even close to a stealth game. I suggest not to attempt to make it one. I would request to focus on what Warframe is- Third-person sci-fi shooter.

Because if Warframe was to be a Stealth game,the most important thing wouldnt have been missing - A one-shot stealth kill,even at the highest level.

If I cant Stealth Kill an enemy,why would I bother using Stealth and slow down the pace of the game,especially,when I have the muscle-power to clear the whole room of enemies.

Just think of this,how is it possible to hide and disappear when I am surrounded by 10 Grineers Lancers,5 Grineer Troopers,2 Bombards,1 Napalm and countless Butchers,Powerfists,Scorpions etc.

Also,Stealth will slow down farming process,which is an important part of Warframe.

Games can be broadly divided into 2 parts on the basis of number of enemies/enemy spawning mechanism-

1. Specific amount of enemy spawns in a map.(Splinter Cell Series,Batman Arkham Series,Metal Gear(Snake's Arc,not Raiden's Arc))

2. Hordes of enemies spawn at once,anywhere.(Prince of Persia-Forgotten Sands,I doubt anyone remember this one and other zombie games like Dead Rising etc.)

1st are the games where Stealth is possible. 2nd are the games which are the muscle-power *pew pew pew* games.

Clearly,Warframe belongs to the 2nd type.

Syndicate Weapons

I am okay,if and only if it does not lock out the content of those syndicates which I am not supporting. Either make them tradable or make a Black-Market trader character in the Hubs,as others have suggested.

Also,be very careful about the weapon balance here,otherwise everyone will just go for the syndicate that gives the best weapon.

Edited by NN13

This is pretty much what I have to say on the subject, there's not point to it being a thing.

The idea itself it's pretty terrible but if someone wants to 'challenge' themselves that way then fine. But eventually people will cry for rewards because there is no other incentive to do so and whn you bring rewards then you are pretty much forcing people to play that awful mode because that's the way to get something.

I agree 

The way of creating challenge through "risk" isnt viable

Instead of asking for hardcore missions we should be asking for more interesting/challenging  enemies/bosses 

Yes i know they are being worked on <.<

I dont believe that though

Of course will we get more enemies, but will they get interesting challenging properties?

Or will they only be cannon fodder too?

Im sceptical because lately i havent seen any innovative ideas and I apologize for my pessimism

My personal feedback on what I deem important(hey personal opinion) + ideas etc.. here :https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/347045-future-of-warframe-feedback/#entry3893336

(Believe me, I got everything covered I can think of and personally hope someone takes a look. Dont mean to self-promote my stuff though, so only klick if you want to, not if I tell you to :D)

Edited by Seyenas

So parkour thread with 1000+ upvotes and new posts everyday is not a hot topic for you?

I agree this is a way more important hot topic than most others presented here

(But yet again I dont know if this was discussed in an earlier poll already so i dont know if my point is viable or not and I apologize if it was already spoken of. I did not check all polls from the beginning so I cannot make an accute point here)

The only hot topic I am hot about is the stealth mechanics and connectivity issues, but well then again personal opinion :)

Edited by Seyenas

I agree this is a way more important hot topic than most others presented here

I agree I am flabbergasted right now, this game is a super fast paced crazy action shooter and the community hot topics are about, hiding, stealth and hardcore mode !! this is a travesty !! I just can't believe what I'm reading WF is not going in the right direction at all imo if this is what they are working on, couple that with the worst website design I have ever seen (and I'm canadian) , my hopes are quickly dying for this game.

DE needs to wake up and realise this game is all about action and add MORE PARKOUR.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I agree I am flabbergasted right now, this game is a super fast paced crazy action shooter and the community hot topics are about, hiding, stealth and hardcore mode !! this is a travesty !! I just can't believe what I'm reading WF is not going in the right direction at all imo if this is what they are working on, couple that with the worst website design I have ever seen, my hopes are quickly dying for this game.

DE needs to wake up and realise this game is all about action and add MORE PARKOUR.

XD that is why aure7-sans thread has already about 700 comments(i dont know the actual number and I wont look for it) that all tell him that he did great work with the thread and that they agree

great playtesting, opinions, ideas etc...

but back on hot topics

The syndicate weapons would be great if they innately have the truth,etc... stats and there are specific syndicate mods for the syndicate weapon

They need to be tradeable or people will QQ BIG-TIME

The white red forums look BAD-@$$, but they hurt my eyes so bad that i have to change back to the black-white (sorry :) )

Apart from that

I would like the stealth-additions to be implemented since it would make stealthing easier and much more comfortable

Edited by Seyenas

The new forum theme — it burned my eyes at first, but it's growing on me.

Hardcore mode: Destroying a frame entirely if you fail a mission, after you spent so much time and effort building and levelling it? I can imagine very little that would be worth that risk. If we're gunning for a high-risk high-reward game-mode, perhaps we should have high-yield alerts that you can only attempt once, and in which you cannot use revives?

Stealth Hiding: Sounds like something I'd want in the game; the only problem is that there's currently very little incentive for stealth versus running and gunning.

Syndicate Weapons: Might be a lot of effort to develop something that very few people would actually use — syndicate-based alternate skins for existing weapons (or other cosmetics, like sugatra) would be awesome, though.

Your prerogative.

But I find it (literally) painfully bright, and will continue using the Dark theme.

Would you play a “hardcore” mode in Warframe?

- Maybe, depends on the restrictions.

I'm not an adrenaline junkie. I'm very risk-averse.

That said... I do enjoy a challenge.

But this is a very tricky subject, imo.

Consider the Desecratebot Nekros.

As long as there's no material gain to be made from HC mode, I have no problem with it being implemented. I will or won't play it depending on how it's implemented.

If HC offers greater tangible rewards than non-HC, unless there's complete seperation between HC and non HC frames/accounts/reward-uses, you've just created another meta-skewing mechanic.

And, beyond that, there's the whole slew of technical issues.

What is lost in HC? Frames? Gear? Sentinels? ... Mods? Or just progression? (in which case, why call it hardcore? That has known perma-death connotations.)

Do you allow HC and non-HC to play together?

- If yes, griefing and just flusterclucks will abound, at least initially.

- If not, you've just split your community. It's not like getting a squad for non-mainstream-or-void missions is easy now, in my experience.

Also, enjoy retooling the whole matchmaking system across all 3 platforms.

Is Hardcore by frame or account-wide?

- if by frame, you just made getting any HC rewards cheesable.

- if accountwide, HC is potentially hugely punishing.

How do you handle 'unusual' deaths?

e.g.

Lag -> Dead.

Host migration + slow loading -> You're dead by the time you have control.

Falling through terrain -> Dead.

New accounts vs "low" level content? You were legitimately killed. ofc, new player, solo with a rank 3 frame and no mods in a level 3-5 Grineer survival... what did you expect?

Juggled -> Dead.

Poison (or any, really) DoT -> Dead.

Death by Radiation-procced squaddie (intentional or not)

Death squad / Assassins.

Off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

How often do you get disconnected while in missions?

Me, personally? - Not Often.

At this moment I wouldn't characterize Warframe as d/c-ridden, but it's not unusual enough for me not to be able to pull up half a dozen examples of someone in the squad d/cing mid-mission in the last 2-3 days.

In a PUG, it seems like someone will d/c one in every 3-5 games.

(Note: Like 95.2% of all statistics, that one is spontaneously invented.)

In your opinion, would you play more stealthily in missions if Warframe had a hide mechanic?

- Yes, I would stealth more.

Answers don't offer much discrimination.

'always' 'yes' 'never.

I'm not an avid fan of stealth play, but it has its moments.

(And, as an added bonus, can be implemented in such a way as to allow new undergeared players a better chance at success than a stand-up fight.)

Do you like the idea of syndicate specific weapon rewards?

- No, I don’t like that idea.

Not actually the answer I'd've given, but the closest of the ones offered.

tl;dr - It depends what role DE intend syndicates to have.

​If syndicates had no tangible effect on my play, I'd be backing Steel Meridian / Perrin Sequence / Suda.

However.

I'm a power-player first, and an RPer second. (And the syndicates seem to be as well, due to no cosmetic faction sigils: i.e. an't gain Rep for Suda while displaying a New Loka sigil.)

So, gameplay and story segregation being in full effect, the sigils I wear are Red Veil and New Loka, which will (eventually) net me the 3 important Large restores, as well as most of the Warframe augments I care about (missing Mirage and Limbo, but those are trade-able, unlike the Restore BPs).

There are also the weapon augments (which I don't care for any of the existing ones) to factor in.

And I'll miss out on T4S keys (which is a shame, since it's possibly my favorite game-mode atm), but AoH have very little else that I want, so meh.

Adding another level of factors to juggle is fine, as long as Syndicates are intended purely as a mechanic to game, and not one that's supposed to add character and/or flavor to the world.

Otherwise, you're going to have to find a way to remove the gameplay and story segregation.

Edit: Goddamn it, BBCode. >_<'

Edited by Chroia

Mission Disconnects

Many of the topics we cover in our Community Hot Topics are about players ideas or feedback. However, we do spend a lot of time reading through bug threads, and this topic addresses one bug in particular. The source thread for this topic is about mission disconnects and requests some means of regaining connection after getting the boot. Do you think this is a necessary feature? Answer in the poll to let us know how often you get disconnected during a mission. 

Stealth Hiding
Stealth is often a hot topic in the Warframe Community. Some maps and Warframes are more conducive to stealth play, but the majority of missions are mostly run-and-gun. Aspari has a hot topic that suggests Warframe include a more dynamic “hide” feature that would allow Tenno to escape into the shadows and sneak up on enemies better. What do you think, sneaky Tenno? Should stealth be upgraded with a “hide” feature? What other kinds of stealth features would you like to see implemented? 

I wanted to specifically comment on these two issues.

Firstly Mission Disconnects:

While I rarely get disconnected, and voted as such, I would like to clarify that I am frequently in a team where someone will disconnect, just last night we were running a survival mission and around 26 minutes in a team member Disconnected on us, I find it extremely frustrating to loose friends from a team like that, so while I don't get disconnected, the fact that other people does is still an issue for me and I would like to see a solution to the issue, this is particularly important for Endless missions or disconnects after the mission objective has been completed.

If the question was 'How often does someone in your team get disconnected?' I would answer Often.

Secondly Stealth:

When I started playing the Game I thought stealth was going to be a bigger feature than it was, as a result my gameplay style was based around this, I would carefully try and pick off one enemy at a time and avoid notice, however, the inevitable would happen and I would be noticed, and it seems that once the enemy mobs have noticed you and started shooting at you, it doesn't seem to matter if the alarms are going off or not, they never seem to return to a relaxed unaware state. If the alarms are turned off the mobs should assume the threat has been dealt with and not remain on high alert throughout the entire mission.

Additionally during missions like capture and sabotage, I would try to clear the map of enemies before attempting the objective, what I didn't realise at the time was that I was completely wasting my time due to the spawn mechanics, clearing a room only to come back a short while later and find it full of mobs again was extremely frustrating.

Edited by Ebondevil

A bit disappointed you guys won't be using a darker theme, as this one makes my eyes water in a few minutes and becomes physically painful to look at for much longer than that.

Hardcore Mode

There's no reward good enough for me to even think about risking my warframes - especially ones like zephyr that take large amounts of rare materials, or who might require a quest to do.  But, then I suppose this type of thing just isn't for me to begin with.

Mission Disconnects

Yes, dear god yes.  roughly 3/4 of the poll currentl either experiences disconnects a lot, or occasionally, and this would help alleviate the pain of having to get re-invited, or just being utterly booted from rewards if you get booted say.... at 55:58 minutes into a t4 survival..... Yes, that's happened to me before.

Hiding

Well of course it will slow down gameplay, people who want to stealth don't do it at break-neck speeds.  I think the least to do in order to compromise would to be giving shade a larger proc area.

Syndicate weapons

I'm all for that!  But, an idea I've been kickign around is, what if you can get Suda as your ship's Cephalon for a top-tier reward from Cephalon Suda?

About the Syndicate specific weapons being traded;

The Syndicate specific parts/blueprints should be tradable, while some untradable requirements still tied to the Syndicate system should also have to be met.

Alternative acquisition methods (still Syndicate related) would also be acceptale.

No please, as I have mentioned in a post several weeks ago, all factions besides Red Veil and Steel Meridian can have a total of 3 good status factions, while Meridian and Veil have only 2, and that's the relationship between them.

Here's the post explaining:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/333548-major-game-breaking-flaw-for-those-who-chose-veilmeridian-as-a-syndicate