November 21St: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

1,898 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Make use of the LOS abilities in the engine for better stealth, it would also be a great opportunity to add mods like +X detection time or -X detection distance, or -X time until enemies forget your location etc. 

The weapons should definitiely have blueprints that are tradeable, because it would be a little like the event weapons then and a lot of players would be negative about it. And while Im on the topic how about adding a quest that rewards the Brakk? I and many others are sick of farming 20 times, getting 15 drops that are 9 barrels and 6 blueprints 

You've probably noticed that the Syndicates now have weapons. For the record, the weapons will be tradeable. 

I guess the poll is a little outdated now :) 

Forgive my rudeness, but I was worried about this, but what is going to stop people from stockpiling these and simply selling them in trade for 10-20p eventually? 

I mean, is there a downside to trading them? Do we at least have to trade away some of our reputation?

Edited by Somedude1000

Forgive my rudeness, but I was worried about this, but what is going to stop people from stockpiling these and simply selling them in trade for 10-20p eventually? 

I mean, is there a downside to trading them? Do we at least have to trade away some of our reputation?

Sadly, if that was to happen, the whole sindicate weapon selling would eventually reach 1 plat per weapon or so

In regards to a mode with better systems and mechanics
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/?p=1642988 - 6000 Votes.
*Adjusts tie* What was I talking about? Yes playing with friends. Playing good hardcore fun with friends where a game respects you as a player *tips hat*
http://i.imgur.com/G4ARPfk.jpg -- So where was I? Ah yes.

I guess we're just going to have to work with what we've got and try manufacture a higher difficulty mechanical mode that respects the player for making a mistake or missing that choice opportunity.

You've got a few (if little things) in here already:
-- You've got the Ancient draining energy.
-- You've got the grappling mechanic. But you see players need to get be able to get out of this/dodge this.
-- You've got the shield lancers.
-- You've got the knockdown from the heavy gunners
-- You've got the ice shield on certain EXIMUS enemies that is a second layer of health.
-- You've got the energy drain on certain EXIMUS enemies that is also another thing.
-- You've got the health/toxic drain on EXIMUS enemies.
-- You've got the Brood Mother who drains health.
-- You've got the knockdown from the new infested MOA.
-- You've got the Grineer Commanders who switch teleport.
-- You've also got Vor coming into T4 Missions and that makes players scatter or tactically think things out.

All of the above could be given a bit more armor or health to be a "bit more effective". That is just a simple change.

You've got Tiers (of difficulty?) in Defense, Survival and Void missions. Why aren't you pushing that?
What exactly is it going to be in 5 years time? Tier 5,6,7,8 then?

Why weren't you putting a planet with this in mind or an area with this in mind. Why didn't Nightmare mode have MORE of this?

THESE ARE GOOD MECHANICS. MORE EMPHASIS OF THIS.

Give the players a extended game mode that respects them and the players then respect the game.

You as designer have got to put an emphasis on them. They aren't good if players can just blaze through it. They aren't good if it doesn't make players stop and think about approaching that problem or focus fire on that particular monster or how to deal with a particular monster.

You've already got the revive system in place.

It seems you've also been toying with the mods that have broken aspects to them (see the newbie starter mods) 

What is this? What are you creating?

Also to be fair more recently we've had people in chat using Conclave rating to recruit people. (Not exactly something something we'd want but we're with it)

THIS SAYS THERE IS A HARDCORE AUDIENCE OUT THERE. LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO SINK THEIR TEETH INTO.

A lot of game modes have an insanity difficulty, a nightmare difficulty.

Killing Floor (and most likely Killing Floor 2) has it's Hell On Earth difficulty.

Payday 2 has it's:

1. Overkill – Risk Level 3 •••

and of course the:

1. Death Wish –  Risk Level 4  ••••

Path Of Exile has it's whole Ladder. But the subjective thing, with Path Of Exile is that it was designed from the ground up to support this in that you look at the configuration and you have to plan out your build, but at the same time you really respect the game because if you make a choice in that or going to that small skill perk. Our game is more action-reaction orientated. So scratch that probably.

Dark Souls (series) because it did the thing to begin with. It actually respected the player with the enemie's mechanics and more importantly the choice on whether to block, dodge, heavy attack or light attack.

You finally have to build your game from the ground up to slowly ease the player into various things. But Warframe isn't doing that yet. When you traveled across the solar system? Break you in. Not really -- yet.

By the time you get to Pluto, Ceres or Eris it's still the same thing mechanically.

Edited by Kinjeto

Syndicate Specific Weapons : Make them non tradeable and not mastery fodder.

What's the point of aligning yourself to a faction of any sort then getting all the goodies from your enemies and losing your identity as a member of said faction?

Hold your greediness and compulsiveness people, not having something is sometimes good in life, specially when you are compensated by having another something someone doesn't have.

Making them tradeable misses al the point, might as well call them augmentation skins.

Hardcore Mode

If the rewards are worth the risk then yes i would play it. But it would definitely have to be worth risk of losing a frame that I invested credits, resources and 3.5 days of building. And the only things worth that to me are things in the market. Which i dont buy simply because i dont have enough disposable income to spend on said items. After acquiring the items they should also be available to all of my frames. If they were not then it would definitely not be worth my time to grind a hardcore mode when i could grind towers for prime parts and trade for plat to buy things i want.

Being disconnected doesnt happen often enough to bother me at all

Stealth Hiding does not interest me in the least unless there is an extra reward for playing stealthy. Let's face it, at MR17, there isn't any incentive to play stealthy. The only reason I'm running a regular mission and not a tower is to either obtain rare resources or more tower keys. Now if steal points were awarded at the end of a level that were based upon something like amount of time detected, length of time under detection and enemy level and then the rewards were given by tiers... x amount of stealth points equals tower 1 key up to tower 4 key depending on amount of points awarded or x amouny of rare resources depending on the planet. That would be something that woyld make me play a stealthy mission otherwise there is no reason to make the grinding any longer than it already is.

disconnects happen,but not so frequently that I can't get over it, most of the time

syndicate weapons should be reflective of the mods/ideals the syndicate gives: please don't give me a custom aklato, if the mods I get are for nukor

so long as they aren't obligatory, add all the mission types you can, variety is the spice of life.. or something

back to syndicates, please don't MR gate them; I have 11 frames and 54 weapons maxed out as well as the 3 basic sentinles and 1 kubrow.. however, I'm stuck at MR 6 because I just can't get the damn test passed. That's not fun, it's punitive.

As I stated on the original topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341404-add-hardcore-warframe-mode/page-13#entry3962664

After seeing this on the Community Hot Topics, and reading the aggregated first post, here are some of my ideas.

2.3 Total HC, separate arsenal, no shared items – I think that there is a playerbase that could be catered to that would love a Super-Hardcore/Hardest-core option, people are still playing Diablo 2 after all. It could also resolve some criticism of the “lack of end-game content” as for some games it IS the end-game. Which reminds me of OxyCore (http://bit.ly/1tF0Q0k) and many of the same elements could easily be adapted to fit Warframe. Special leaderboards, achievements, badges (to wear on your normal frames too, such as getting each frame to max rank in Hardcore). During gameplay having increased rare drop rates during the playthrough, unique equipment, consumables, and cosmetic items would be reasons to attempt it.

I also agree with the suggestion that the option to play hardcore should be opened via Mastery Rank, and that segregating squads and clans to like-minded individuals would limit "trolling" and raise the expectation of a players proficiency in a team.

-----

The major deviation from the general consensus that I would offer is that this mode should give you a separate set of loadouts for Hardcore, and single slot to start, with the option of choosing any non-prime frame that you have previously built to use for free in this segregated game mode. After reaching maximum rank another slot would unlock.

Also, at least for frames that have the option, after reaching rank 30 with a hardcore frame you could use a forma to "upgrade" it to it's prime variant the same way you change the polarity on a slot. Afterwards you could continue to forma the frame as normal if you so desired.

----

An alternative to the standard hardcore perma-death could be a Hardcore-lite option where if you have to construct a frame and you die, you instead are essentially “demoted” back to Normal mode. No longer being able to compete on the Hardcore leaderboard and earn the hardcore awards, but not losing the investment in the frame.

Edited by Fogg

I think there should some kind of Syndicate Mission where we attack another Syndicate and loot some of their gear (Restore Kits and Weapons or mods). 

Something along the line, to get the other gear locked to each syndicate. 

Hi 

I Think that most people are misinterpreting the Stealth in games  especially in Warframe and they are afraid of that .

" OH I WILL BE FORCED TO DO THIS 5 TIMES STEALTHILY SLOW  ITS GONNA TAKE FOREVER "  or something like that. 

For me Stealth doesn't necessary mean DO IT QUIET or SLOW, yes of course the Splinter Cell Stealth would be great and mechanics like sticky cover but in Warframe more than that Stealth mean MORE TACTICS , MORE ADS (aiming down sight) , doing stuff with tactical awareness and LESS RUSHING, LESS JUMPING AND RUNNING like a monkey with ADHD. LESS CHAOS .  

It would be sooo awesome if u could hide at the doorway for example  or other cover (sticky cover)  and exchange fire with the Grineers making room for your teammate to flank them . 

Also i think that problem in that is that People are looking on the end of missions Stats and "MUST HAVE"  more frags than others .. "LOOK I HAVE 1200 kills YOU HAVE 20 im PRO  and you are NOOB ."

So for stealth / tactics in warframe to succeed  the end stats have to change  to some kinda overall  SCORE that doesn't shows how many frags you kill but how u perform during the mission , score that rewards  teamplay  and penalize the selfish ones .

Hi 

I Think that most people are misinterpreting the Stealth in games  especially in Warframe and they are afraid of that .

" OH I WILL BE FORCED TO DO THIS 5 TIMES STEALTHILY SLOW  ITS GONNA TAKE FOREVER "  or something like that. 

For me Stealth doesn't necessary mean DO IT QUIET or SLOW, yes of course the Splinter Cell Stealth would be great and mechanics like sticky cover but in Warframe more than that Stealth mean MORE TACTICS , MORE ADS (aiming down sight) , doing stuff with tactical awareness and LESS RUSHING, LESS JUMPING AND RUNNING like a monkey with ADHD. LESS CHAOS .  

It would be sooo awesome if u could hide at the doorway for example  or other cover (sticky cover)  and exchange fire with the Grineers making room for your teammate to flank them . 

Also i think that problem in that is that People are looking on the end of missions Stats and "MUST HAVE"  more frags than others .. "LOOK I HAVE 1200 kills YOU HAVE 20 im PRO  and you are NOOB ."

So for stealth / tactics in warframe to succeed  the end stats have to change  to some kinda overall  SCORE that doesn't shows how many frags you kill but how u perform during the mission , score that rewards  teamplay  and penalize the selfish ones .

I agree with that. Stealth is not equivalent to slow gameplay. If I go invisible with Loki or Ash, I can go stealthy and fast the same time.

On the other topic: chaos and coptering could be easily solved with a "friendly fire" option on creating a session. After a few teamkills or suicides everyone will become more tactically aware, I can guarantee that :D

Nothing about Mesa on the Community Hot Topics? seriously?

Thread posted: November 22nd.

Mesa released: November 27th.

No, nothing about Mesa. I can't possible imagine why.

Also, not on PS4 or XB1. We try to focus on topics that are relevant to all Warframe players. 

Also, not on PS4 or XB1. We try to focus on topics that are relevant to all Warframe players. 

Ah now that is an interesting notion... So PC players have to wait until topics are relevant to console players before they get addressed in community HT. Grrr... me not like the sound of that.

Edited by RawGritz

So any burning issues that arise with new content on the PC version are kept out of hot topics? I can't help but think that this isn't the best way to do things....