Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare/reinforced Storage Containers Spawn Too Infrequently To Encourage Map Exploration

Telapoopy

Assuming that the addition of the rare containers were supposed to add a reason for players to search the tilesets instead of power rush all of them, they fail to accomplish this because of the low rate at which a mission actually has one. Players aren't going to bother searching for them if they would be wasting their time for 90% of the missions.

Their spawn rate should be a guaranteed 1 per mission or at the very least, significantly higher than it is now, and to compensate, they only drop 1 instead of 3 items per container.

Edited by Telapoopy

Or if one is present Lotus could announce it. I don't think DE would want to implement 1 guaranteed per mission.

Edit: But as the poster above me said lowering the value could work if it's 1 guaranteed per mission.

Edited by Vorsches

I'd give it more time TBH.

There was a bug where popping them was causing all rewards to not save from a mission. During the time we had that bug I never found a single one. I don't think I saw this said explicitly anywhere, but they may have turned them off/made them super rare during this time. Now that the bug is fixed I'm going to start looking for them again and see if it's better.

Overall I disagree with your assessment though. I prefer the rarer ones with better rewards, to an expected thing that's going to be in most missions with 'meh' rewards.

Or if one is present Lotus could announce it. I don't think DE would want to implement 1 guaranteed per mission.
Edit: But as the poster above me said lowering the value could work if it's 1 guaranteed per mission.

Then people would just join/quit over and over until they got the message. We've seen this happen before, like with the plants on earth that had to be removed from the first few tiles.

Maybe there should be one guaranteed, but different tiers of rare containers.

That said, the lowest tier should still be reasonably worth it (2k credit cache? Dunno might just be because I currently only have 700k :( )

I like this. Have something there like a placeholder so I know that I did 'find it' even if I didn't get a super great reward. I still know I would have found it if one was there. Instead of, not in addition to.

wait what... I thought these containers were the loot caches from gate crash (but now in earth sabotage). Would anyone mind quickly explaining what these rare containers are? from what I read here they are some kind of container similar to the gate crash ones but have a chance to be in every level?

I haven't seen one before so I have no idea what this is. I'll try and keep an eye out for them from now on! (but still please explain what they are or confirm what I said is true).

Even after not having seen one of these... things... I can assume the RNG involved here has a way too low chance to be even worth searching for like stated above. So I'm just going to assume this thread is on the right course and there is indeed a need to buff spawns of these things. My reasoning behind this is: Players want to see progress, if this comes in the form of more frequent but less rewards at a time then that should be a positive change in my opinion. Though maybe not guaranteed 1 per mission, that would make it too farmable I think.

wait what... I thought these containers were the loot caches from gate crash (but now in earth sabotage). Would anyone mind quickly explaining what these rare containers are? from what I read here they are some kind of container similar to the gate crash ones but have a chance to be in every level?

I haven't seen one before so I have no idea what this is. I'll try and keep an eye out for them from now on! (but still please explain what they are or confirm what I said is true).

Even after not having seen one of these... things... I can assume the RNG involved here has a way too low chance to be even worth searching for like stated above. So I'm just going to assume this thread is on the right course and there is indeed a need to buff spawns of these things. My reasoning behind this is: Players want to see progress, if this comes in the form of more frequent but less rewards at a time then that should be a positive change in my opinion. Though maybe not guaranteed 1 per mission, that would make it too farmable I think.

They are special reinforced or rare versions of the breakable grineer/corpus/void containers. They contain 30-60 minute boosters, clan research materials (built Detonite Injectors etc.), built Forma (void), weapon blueprints and a good amount of credits.

As for OP, having them on every mission might be a bit overkill, even if they only have one of the items. Lotus could announce if she detects rare loot on the map, for example: "Tenno, I am detecting a hidden <Faction> storage cache on this mission, finding it might be worth the added risk."

I have yet to see one of these containers myself, I just don't look for them with that small chance if nothing indicates if there is actually one on the current map.

They are special reinforced or rare versions of the breakable grineer/corpus/void containers. They contain 30-60 minute boosters, clan research materials (built Detonite Injectors etc.), built Forma (void), weapon blueprints and a good amount of credits.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out!

I like this. Have something there like a placeholder so I know that I did 'find it' even if I didn't get a super great reward. I still know I would have found it if one was there. Instead of, not in addition to.

Yeah, I guess,

Currently with how rare it is I don't consider them something enough to incentive exploration, but one per mission garanteed would be a bit too much, some inclinaton would go nicely for it.

Actually I was more on keeping the current rare and adding a bit more to the normal ones, especially credits though there is some bit of illogism in here.

Telling us that the container is there would mean we would always get the container.  As it is currently, most people haven't even seen the containers because they do require a bit of searching and awareness.  People haven't really heard the news yet.

It would be better to sometimes have clues.  Variations of enemies, or enemies in an odd place.  Something to scan to figure out more.  Maybe just something as simple as they lockdown areas more often.

Don't lay down the golden brick road, but do something so that people can clue in that they might want to go searching.

Edited by JHarlequin

Telling us that the container is there would mean we would always get the container.  As it is currently, most people haven't even seen the containers because they do require a bit of searching and awareness.  People haven't really heard the news yet.

It would be better to sometimes have clues.  Variations of enemies, or enemies in an odd place.  Something to scan to figure out more.  Maybe just something as simple as they lockdown areas more often.

Don't lay down the golden brick road, but do something so that people can clue in that they might want to go searching.

well if you're like me and i know alot of other players are...were not gonna notice

when we go to that level. we go to finish it as soon as possible...to get to the boss to unlock a planet or for whatever reason...we dont plan on staying around...it would have to be VERY VERY obvious for us to notice or even me with my eagle eyes.............so with that why not just @(*()&#036; tell us? why waste my time...this game already does that enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I've only seen one in all this time, and the booster didn't activate.

I love exploring. Sometimes I solo missions so that I can explore every corner, with my loot radar + master thief Loki (to raid lockers while I search for things). I love parkouring, I love the scenery, I love figuring out routes and puzzles, and I love easter eggs. The other day it took me 20 minutes to complete an invasion mission (I found where the Grineer sleep, and that one of the rooms is accessible only through an air vent!)

However, the sad truth is that exploring is an extremely unrewarding waste of time. Sometimes you might get neural sensors from a locker, if you're playing on Jupiter. Other times you might explore an entire map on Ceres and not see a single orokin cell. And these crates, are just beyond rare.

There should be *some* incentive to explore. Something. *Anything*. The thrill of finding secret passages or reaching hidden places is not enough. I'm tired of people always speedrunning everything. I like playing at my own pace, why can't I have a practical reason to do it?

Yeah, I've only seen one in all this time, and the booster didn't activate.

I love exploring. Sometimes I solo missions so that I can explore every corner, with my loot radar + master thief Loki (to raid lockers while I search for things). I love parkouring, I love the scenery, I love figuring out routes and puzzles, and I love easter eggs. The other day it took me 20 minutes to complete an invasion mission (I found where the Grineer sleep, and that one of the rooms is accessible only through an air vent!)

However, the sad truth is that exploring is an extremely unrewarding waste of time. Sometimes you might get neural sensors from a locker, if you're playing on Jupiter. Other times you might explore an entire map on Ceres and not see a single orokin cell. And these crates, are just beyond rare.

There should be *some* incentive to explore. Something. *Anything*. The thrill of finding secret passages or reaching hidden places is not enough. I'm tired of people always speedrunning everything. I like playing at my own pace, why can't I have a practical reason to do it?

And rare crates were meant to answer to people feeling this way. But right now, all they do is turn exploration from being a 100% waste of time to a 90% waste of time.