Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weight Restrictions On Heavy Weapons

Nightmare

I'm tired of seeing lightweight/squishy frames running around with heavy weapons. It ruins the tank role for Rhino and Frost players when a Loki can go invis, run ahead of the whole group and wipe everyone out in one swing with a Scindo or Gram, and then leave everyone behind. I think they should put weight restrictions on heavy weapons. If your are a light warframe, you shouldn't be able to use heavy weapons to there full potential. For example: Heavy melees would take longer to swing and do less damage for them or cost a lot of stamina to swing. Like i said, it ruins the role for heavy hitting tanks if anyone can wield a giant axe or hammer and swing it like it weighs nothing. Even the description for the Fragor says "... The Fragor requires great strength to wield...". Other frames like Excalibur would receive half of the reduction stats. 

I realized that most of you hated this, I am sorry for posting this :(

Edited by Pestilince

Makes sense but i think many people would be against it.

I know what you mean though, by the time my Rhino lumbers to the target  some other lighter frame already melee'd the grunts to a pulp.

Edited by Oz270

So what your saying is that a tiny Nyx should still be able to wield a giant fragor, it makes perfect sense!

we don't know how strong the tenno physically are in their warframes. for all we know even the thinner frames like ember or volt could take a solid metal rod and snap it like a breadstick i don't think its actually been stated. 

shouldn't let it bother you considering they are wearing highly advance mechanical suits having who knows what limitations.

Edited by MarcusGraves

Are you seriously wanting certain frames to have cookie cutter builds? I don't want to see everyone run 4x Rhinos with 4x Fragors just because it's the best 2 handed weapon he can wield. It's just dumb to limit the players freedom and bottlenecking them into using the same weapons or builds.

Considering that you can get shot from railgun be knocked back and have no visible damage on frame or take 1000 or more bullets without dying, i see no point why nyx couldnt have augments allowing it to wield fragor.

Its a bad idea. Also im traditionalist in terms of rpg and heavy hitting tank sounds simply op to me.

I would agree with heavy weapons requiring more stamina in the swing but why to only "lighter" frames?  what's the penalty for "heavy" frames using lighter weapons?  I've seen some pretty amazing slice'n'dice killing like a blender with the dual swords on your "tank" Rhino doing better than a lot of Hulk Smash type players.  Are you suggesting they slow that down so "heavy" frames can't use the faster lighter weapons?