Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading mods, blueprints, artifacts, materials. Yes/No?

eelektrik

Are there any plans on adding trading for things that cannot be purchased from the store? I imagine they would want to keep people from directly trading warframes and weapons, but other loot should be tradeable in my opinion.

Curious what other people think about this, and if the devs have said anything about it previously.

I dont see any need to trade itens.

Go to missions to get the resources to make a blueprint is what you do in the game, if wasnt it you really wont do anything, like get the blueprint, trade itens, start the blueprint, login in the game after two days and there it is.

Now telling just by myself, i NEED something to do in the game, some objective, get that item, destroy this boss, pass a friend in the rank, anything.

When i get all the parts of Ember, i got nothing to do, then i drop the Heat Sword blueprint and went get the itens ~

I really think trades isnt necessary in this game.

Go to missions to get the resources to make a blueprint is what you do in the game, if wasnt it you really wont do anything, like get the blueprint, trade itens, start the blueprint, login in the game after two days and there it is.

Now telling just by myself, i NEED something to do in the game, some objective, get that item, destroy this boss, pass a friend in the rank, anything.

When i get all the parts of Ember, i got nothing to do, then i drop the Heat Sword blueprint and went get the itens ~

There are three points in favour of a trade system, in my eyes. First off, loot is entirely random. Random drop, random roll, etc. So farming can be an absolute pain. Second, there's no serious credit sink in the game thus far. Once you've bought the blueprints/weapons, all that's left to buy is consumables, of which you can carry 8 at a time, and generally even if you're using all 8 per mission, you'll still see your credits tick up and up. Third, getting mod/blueprint/material drops that you don't need can be rather frustrating, and even if it's not, it's still a pretty pointless exercise, as all you then do is go and sell it from your inventory. With a trade system, you could sell it for potentially even more to people that need it, or even trade it for something you're after.

Given the economy would stabilise depending on credit income so that someone couldn't just buy up everything they need ever (or rather, your average joe bloggs couldn't), I don't see any issues with having a trade system in place.

You said that when you get all the blueprints/weapons you got nothing to buy, and that you can sell itens for more to the players.

I really thing that getting money in the game is really, REALLY easy. Selling the mods you get, makes lot of money.

Farm can really be a pain, getting the best mods too, but thats what we have to do. When you play with some friends, talking in skype, raidcall, teamspeak... Its really fun, see that you get the item someone need, or everyone get the item and you dont.

I like to farm, and the trade system wont make any issue to the game, i just think that it will make the game a way easier than it should be

Then you run same area 10 bazillion times trying to get this one mod that you REALLY want only it never drops... i'm sorry you may enjoy endless grind till your knuckles bleed mentality but i sure as heck don't... and as much as i enjoy the game, there are times i find things my friend could REALLY use or i feel he'd be better off with but, i can't give it to him?

Is no reason not to have a trading system in game, along with an auction house, to better facilitate an economy in game NOT having these things in a modern mmo even a f2p one is just silly... it boggles my mind when people try to rationalize not having these basic things in today's mmo market. You might say " its not an mmo" but really it is. you can try and mask it with this whole co-op feel all you want but at the end of the day, you have to be online to play it, it almost requires a group, and you make guilds, socialize with your friends ect... the only thing this game doesnt have is an over world.... it has stats loot, dungeons, missions, everything that makes an mmo...

There for it NEEDS things that are common in mmos.

Edit: If your answer is " you should be required to farm" i think you should go back to the early 2000s and go play old mmos... i don't want to farm till my knuckles bleed...i think should be SOME items are boss drops only, but idea that i should have to farm to get anything i want is just stupid...

I didnt farm in UO

I didnt farm in WoW

I didnt farm in City of Heroes

i didnt farm in DFO

I didnt farm in DDO

I didnt farm in DCUO

I didnt farm in GW2

ect

i'll be damned if i am gonna farm in some f2p co-op game i'm sorry that is just the way i feel about it...farming means grinding, grinding means doing same darned thing 20 billion times in some grand hope of the item actually dropping... and 9/10 you will never see it..

Farming isn't fun,

its not enjoyable it

doesnt add to your game

please please do not force farming on a good game... it is the FASTEST way to make me delete the game and never play it again.

Edited by LordLokai

Any game with randomly dropped loot should have trading in some form though. Plus there will be more things to find or collect as the game progresses and they add more content. Even TF2 lets you trade items.

I do agree they need some form of money sink for credits, especially if they add trading. One MMO I played, Asheron's Call, had such a lack of need for its basic monetary unit that unless you were trading them in 100,000 note form or higher, they were pretty much worthless on the trade market and people would trade items for other quest items.

I've been playing with a friend, and there are multiple mods and resources we have aquired that the other person wants and the owner does not. I'd love a trade system, or some kind of mailing system where you can attach items to the mails themselves (Like GuildWars 2).

I think auction houses/trade markets make a lot of sense in MMO games that have random loot systems.

LordLokai.

i wont desagree with nothing you say, the game have to be nice for everyone who play. Im just saying that in this game, will make things a lot easier than it should be, you get resources really fast, when a boss drops a blueprint everyone receive it (Dont know it was just a coincidence, but everytime i get a blueprint, my friends gets the same) and i didnt see a mod that isnt useful to me and is to a friend of mine.

I have nothing against a trade/auction/mail system, if it was implemented i will use it, of course. I just think that the stages are easy, getting money is easy, with this system the game will be a way easier then it should be

It won't make it way easier, as the economy will naturally balance itself so that it limits what you can buy against standard credit income. If everyone is regularly sitting at 1mil credits (arbitrary number), people won't sell items for 20k, they'll sell them for 1mil+ credits.

Also, a standard credit sink to go along with consumables could be implemented, like armour/weapon repair (that's just off the top of my head).