Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Dev Confirmation Pls *invis*dual Ether*

Sert

Ok so I'm new and I've heard different things about invisible melee attacks, and I have a complicated question.  If anyone knows where I can find answers to any of these questions please send a link so that I can educate myself.  Thank you in advance.

*invisibility* (loki)

Normal melee atk damage shows white, crits show yellow.

While invis all attacks show yellow...so all of my attacks are auto crit?

Now on to dual ether, dual ether ignore armor 100% of the time?  Someone was arguing with me in council forums so I wanted to confirm...this is what I've experienced myself through 30 mastery levels of play.  But again a dev confirmation would be nice.

Crit rate on Dual Ether?

Here's where it gets tricky...

So if I auto crit while invis and I have elemental damages on my melee than all of my elemental damages will crit also?  (so far what I've seen are a lot of yellow numbers when I melee while invis so I assume they're critting).

It's hard to read the information when I hit someone, so I can't confirm.
If my base damamge is 42, my crit damage is 63, and I have +40% frost (for instance) than the frost would be ~16 & ~24 respectively.  Now since they're also critting while invis this makes the damage from frost ~36?  Like the 16/24 are base numbers but the elemental can crit as well yes?

Using this reasoning if I put as much elemental damage as I can on the weapons, which hit 3 targets at once, I can invis and super crit auto attack my way through just about anything yes?  There's AP, Frost, Fire, Elec., damages, and they all can/will crit while invis.  Oh and I forgot the added benefit of being able to use a maxed out crit damage mod without even worrying about crit chance.

Just seems to me I fell in love with my Dual Ether blades for good reason.

Edited by Sert

When invis standart attacks deal yellow +50% dmg and charges deal +100% dmg while you can still crit with red numbers(i dont how much dmg though) and only reds are affected by mods

For elemental dmg it already raised from 16 to 24 

Ok so yellow on invis isn't crit, that sucks...
and you're saying that elemental damage wont crit since the increase is adjusted from the base of 16 to the crit of 24? instead of it being raised to a base of 24 and then with the posibility of crit elemental being 36?

I can confirm what davoo is saying. being invis increases melee damage by 50% and charged attacks by 100% while also turning your hits yellow. crits are RED while invis. by the way I would suggest looking at the enemies page on the wiki.

most of the factions take different damage. grineer take extra AP damage while corpus take extra elec damage and at the same time different factions take less damage from different stuff. like infest being almost immuned to lighting and frost have very little damage to grineer

Edited by RIOTx

Anyone have any idea of what the crit rate is on dual ethers? It's obviously pretty low, but I was thinking about investing in crit chance anyway.  If it's only 5% though pretty worthless.

While being invis you do crit all the time. Yellow numbers are ALWAYS crits. Crit applies to all the damage you deal, including elemental damage types.

Red numbers are critical crits. Yes, they exist. And they work just like normal crits. If you crit (yellow number) the hit has the weapon's crit chance to be critical again.

Example:

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Damage: 150%

Chance for a red crit: 0.1 * 0.1 = 0.01

Damage of the red crit: Dmg * 1.5 * 1.5 = Dmg * 2.25

As you always crit on melee attacks while being invisible, you do see the red numbers farily often. E.g. given a crit chance of 10%, 10% of your hits while being invisible are red crits instead of yellow crits.

Edited by Buddlschlumpf

Awesome, that's news to me, and if possible can we get an official response on how these mechanics work?  Clearly the community has various opinions.

Well if you are critting 100% while invis why doesn't + crit damage add anything?  Just tried it out, this is all so confusing.

Edited by Sert

just a pro tip. don't try stacking oragan shatter (crit damage mod) it doesn't work while in invis. I was told be DE_client that when your invis you do stealth damage and that is why it doesn't stack UNLESS you hit a red number organ shatter will apply to the red number during invis