The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Noticed That Owning Ds Nodes Currently Has An Incentive?

0xCAFE

It isn't the matter of which Alliance controlls the DS

The problem on the Dark Sectors are that always the same Alliances can Battle for it because of the #*($%%@ up System.

There is an time limitet armistice, but this armistice is shortend for the one Alliance / Clan who dealt most dmg to the Solar Rail in the previous battle round. So there will be never a change on the DS because smaller Alliances or Clans will never have a chance to distribute a Solar Rail because a big Alliance gets lower cooldown on the armistice anyway.

I would prefere a list system in the style

For Example Sechura (every second attack is started by V, i mean WTF is wrong that they even can do that)

Holder / Attacker  -- ready to deploy

Orion / V --  1.  Alliance1, 2. Alliance2, 3. Alliance3, 4. Alliance4, 5. Alliance5

In the "ready to deploy" list can only be one deployment per Alliance/Clan and Holder or Attacker cannot enter the "ready to deploy" list.

As soon as the Attacker wins/loses the 1. Alliance1 would advance and deploy the Solar Rail.

(mobilizing Time enlarged to 2 Day's, because armistice time 1d 12h + momentan deployment time 12h)

With such a row System there are always at least 5-6 different Attackers before an Alliance/Clan can attack this Dark Sector again.

That way would bring other Alliances/Clans a chance to Deploy theyr Solar Rails and it would bring a bit more change to the Dark Sectors.

Edited by Nakimato

How it works:

- BP is 0. Clan/Alliance in control sends a squad of clanmates into the conflict (preferably if the clan is attacking for control, as opposed to defending).

- Squad fights through to the core. Damages the core to around 20%, and stalls. Moves on to the spawn point of the defenders and keeps them locked there (spamming ultimates).

- Squad informs the Warlord/Tactician that they've reached the core and damaged it. Once warlord/tactician confirms all squads (say 4 squads of 4 people each) have damaged the core to some piddly residual health, he puts up a 16 x 1 million battlepay payout and informs all squads.

- Squad proceeds to finish off the core, gets 1 million payout to their personal account.

- ???

- Profit

Everyone else who joins after seeing that battlepay is shafted, plain and simple. That 1 million battlepay is set after all the designated squads have loaded in and damaged the core enough. It's a very common tactic, and requires co-ordination to make sure all squads are ready to finish off the core in less than 30 seconds after the battlepay is put up. Teamspeak is used, in most cases.

Source:

I was part of one such squad.

So no, it's not just a theory, OP. It's what happens. And while I don't think it's fair, I blame DE for implementing a half broken PvP system that can be exploited so easily.

WOW..This makes so much sense now.. I joined a squad randomly in a conflict and didn't know why they were just waiting around..so finished off the core.. Those guys got so mad at me..I didn't realise they were waiting around for the payout to be set..oops

I am actually impressed that the alliances found a way to turn conflicts into a money laundering scheme.. Hats Off..But bad bad alliances

Edited by democrator

Very early in dark sectors I was pay bated and thought it was a bug, support said it was "working as intended and I wasent fast enough".

I've never played another conflict, how am I suppose be faster then some guy flipping a setting in a menu?

I wish DE would realize those intentions are bad and they need to change their minds about this. When the battlepay isn't locked in it makes it very easy for clans to defraud players, there's no benefit to not having battlepay not being locked in.

If there's DE reading this post, please change your mind about this, make the battle pay become reserved when you enter.

How it works:

- BP is 0. Clan/Alliance in control sends a squad of clanmates into the conflict (preferably if the clan is attacking for control, as opposed to defending).

- Squad fights through to the core. Damages the core to around 20%, and stalls. Moves on to the spawn point of the defenders and keeps them locked there (spamming ultimates).

- Squad informs the Warlord/Tactician that they've reached the core and damaged it. Once warlord/tactician confirms all squads (say 4 squads of 4 people each) have damaged the core to some piddly residual health, he puts up a 16 x 1 million battlepay payout and informs all squads.

- Squad proceeds to finish off the core, gets 1 million payout to their personal account.

- ???

- Profit

Everyone else who joins after seeing that battlepay is shafted, plain and simple. That 1 million battlepay is set after all the designated squads have loaded in and damaged the core enough. It's a very common tactic, and requires co-ordination to make sure all squads are ready to finish off the core in less than 30 seconds after the battlepay is put up. Teamspeak is used, in most cases.

Source:

So no, it's not just a theory, OP. It's what happens. And while I don't think it's fair, I blame DE for implementing a half broken PvP system that can be exploited so easily.

Somehow missed this explanation first time round, thats absolutely attrocious, hopefully DE does something about that but then Dark Sectors have been untouched so long its hard to say. Regardless, that means members of the alliances must be raking in newly generated cash from dark sector taxes, they could probably transmute the entire game so long as enough people are actually playing the sectors.

Im pretty sure the 1 million battle pay is meant for the alliances paying their own supporters within, not to pay bait the public into running for them.

If I own a DS, and my clan/alliance runs for us and supports us on a regular basis and I decide to reward them with a million BP for 20 50 or w/e amount of tickets your telling me im wrong for doing this?

what am I missing here?  What are you seeing that I do not?

it should be, that when you start a mission there and it promises 100.000, those 100.000 get reserved for you.

If you manage to finish, you get that money, otherwise its released again.

So what you see is what you get regarding Dark Sector rewards.

Thats why i stopped playing darksector, i was seeing a 30k reward, and uppon finishing the mission i received nothing, didnt even care about the reason, just left ds

Edited by rockscl

I stopped caring about DS conflicts when they made them PvP.

Yup. I fought on the PVE solar rail conflicts many times to defend zero% tax rates.

How it works:

That is disgusting, dishonest, underhanded, and exploitive.

In other words, pretty much what I expect in PVP and why I don't do it.

Good to know the mechanism, though.  I see now why alliance members seem completely unconcerned about the limitations of the clan rail tax.  My thought was always that you can't get an individual reward out of the tax box, making rail ownership a vanity item and rail taxes baffling.  Now I know that you can get an individual reward from rail taxes, so it's greed rather than vanity that motivates all this. :)

Edited by Momaw

How it works:

- ???

- Profit

Source:

players exploiting endgame content? Dark Sectors and Syndicate Rep?

say it aint so

/surprised

Players who contributed specters to regiments or resources for rails are getting paid this way. Actually,

I dont "force" people to give away anything for free. Neither resources nor one cosmic specter.

Well, some people think we are "abusing"/"exploiting"/"cheating" or whatever, because we pay 1mil credits for a small amount of tickets. On the other side you dont know >why< those people get paid. In general it s because they contribute resources and / or specters. As i mentioned above i dont force anyone to give away anything for free for whatever the reason is.

There is a) only the one way to pay the alliance mates and b) they might need the credits more than resources for maxing mods, crafting, buing blueprints or whatever.

Btw. if you are still upset, i dont really care. I cant change anything. i ll pay out alliance mates for their resources this way as long as there is no other way to do it.

Check Sedna Sangeru for 20 tickets 1million credits each. If you need credits so bad. pfft. And dont complain if you dont get paid it wont be my fault!

Edited by -ExT-Fraank

Btw. if you are still upset, i dont really care. I cant change anything. i ll pay out alliance mates for their resources this way as long as there is no other way to do it.

Check Sedna Sangeru for 20 tickets 1million credits each. If you need credits so bad. pfft. And dont complain if you dont get paid it wont be my fault!

Hey RINGSNOW here

After reading this Post. Haven a good laugh. today on the same node ill put up 298 tickets for 1 million. please public have at it. enjoy.and afterwards thank ICE.  

Sincerely RINGSNOW

Edited by RINGSNOW

How it works:

- ???

- Profit

Source:

Props to you for manning up and talking about this exploitation of a game mechanic in public.  Much respect.

Here's hoping that DE fixes this and punishes that sort of exploitative behavior so that dark sectors are worth running.

So far it's turned into an in-game cartel.

funny i have play dark sector when it start since there were mod that i wanted there but now i think i will just go there to screw with there laundry tactic then meaby we will have them back at normal.

I encourage the guy with mastery between 13/18 to do that too. Lets make some clean up in this game

Haven't played Dark Sector conflicts since the disband of the original Eclipse... those were good days for getting some credits... but since DE changed it to pvp there is no guarantee that mercenary team will win.. also pvp is verrry verrry verryy imbalanced... and that gravity (why!!!)...ugh... can say that i hate that part of the game...