Grakata Should Be Buyable With Credits, Gorgon Should Be Craftable

As the title says.

The Grakata is a commonly used Grineer weapon that shows up everywhere. You'd think that even with Grineer Space-DRM you'd have pirates jailbreaking Grakatas and selling them to the highest bidder. Thus it should be a common weapon that costs credits. Out of setting plausibility, it's got DPS figures in-line with a Braton and an extraordinary ammunition consumption rate that means it's hard to use often.

The Gorgon is a heavy assault weapon used by elite units. It is extremely rare and rank-locked. You won't see many of them around in black market circulation. Thus it should probably be a craftable. It's got the highest damage per shot of any automatic weapon, the highest base DPS of any weapon, and is generally considered the best anti-boss gun.

Trade their spots. Give the Gorgon the Grakata's crafting cost (I'd say cut down the alloy plate requirement by half though!) and this 'issue' (I hesitate to call it that, it's more like a niggle) is fixed.

It's not really a big deal though, it's just that it seems the Gorgon/Grakata have switched positions in terms of cost to get (namely, a Gorgon's pretty easy to score despite being a very powerful rifle, the Grakata is hard to score despite being a starter-level weapon) and that bugs me.

Edited by MJ12

I feel like we as a community have created this perception that craftable weapons should be better, stronger, and harder to get.  Do we know for sure that's what the devs want?

Edit: To clarify, I do believe the Grakata's price is out of line.  But why is the right answer switching it to credits rather than just cutting the material cost?

Edited by Shinnyshin

As the title says.

The Grakata is a commonly used Grineer weapon that shows up everywhere. You'd think that even with Grineer Space-DRM you'd have pirates jailbreaking Grakatas and selling them to the highest bidder. Thus it should be a common weapon that costs credits. Out of setting plausibility, it's got DPS figures in-line with a Braton and an extraordinary ammunition consumption rate that means it's hard to use often.

The Gorgon is a heavy assault weapon used by elite units. It is extremely rare and rank-locked. You won't see many of them around in black market circulation. Thus it should probably be a craftable. It's got the highest damage per shot of any automatic weapon, the highest base DPS of any weapon, and is generally considered the best anti-boss gun.

Trade their spots. Give the Gorgon the Grakata's crafting cost (I'd say cut down the alloy plate requirement by half though!) and this 'issue' (I hesitate to call it that, it's more like a niggle) is fixed.

It's not really a big deal though, it's just that it seems the Gorgon/Grakata have switched positions in terms of cost to get (namely, a Gorgon's pretty easy to score despite being a very powerful rifle, the Grakata is hard to score despite being a starter-level weapon) and that bugs me.

disagree with this.

Crosspostin'

The Grakata should definitely be available for credits; it's preeeeeetty mediocre (to be charitable - but it sounds cool and is fun, if not especially effective) and is what level 1 Grineer mooks on the very first level run around with.  If there's any weapon that should be readily available, the Grakata is it.

Its actual crafting costs are that of a much more powerful and effective weapon as opposed to an alternative to the basic non-mark Braton.  Make it cost 10k (the Braton is what, 8k?) and call it a day.

It does make sense, and until the players reaches the level needed to craft it, they probably already have a few materials to build it.

I would suggest to keep the total build-price the same as the buy-price however.

Crosspostin'

The Grakata should definitely be available for credits; it's preeeeeetty mediocre (to be charitable - but it sounds cool and is fun, if not especially effective) and is what level 1 Grineer mooks on the very first level run around with.  If there's any weapon that should be readily available, the Grakata is it.

Its actual crafting costs are that of a much more powerful and effective weapon as opposed to an alternative to the basic non-mark Braton.  Make it cost 10k (the Braton is what, 8k?) and call it a day.

Its fine where it is. If you dont have plat to spend then i guess it sucks to be you sorry.

We kill (I don't want to say a big number) 100000 (all players combined) grineers a day who uses the Grakata, every one of them need 500 alloy plate and 100000x500 is 50000000 :D So the grineers must be rich... We'll need to raid their alloy plate depots.

But seriusly: A reduced resource price would be good, I got better ways to spend my alloy plate (alt helmets for example)