The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echo, The Ghostframe. (Warframe Concept, Feel Free To Add C:)

Recovery8

I had the idea after Limbo and looking over the Ether weapons, Why not have a Warframe that walks the line between life and death? Why not a ghost Warframe? That's where the idea for Echo, not a glamorous start I know but I think the idea has potential.

Possible Powers

Possession: A simple concept, the ability to take control of a target (Like Mind control). You enter the body of the target and boost the form up (IE better health, armor, shields.) and perhaps give some buff to their power. Wouldn't be usable on bosses but when the form dies you don't, making it viable for saving yourself of maybe hijacking a shield drone and helping the team.

Shadow Dance: Echo would become a moving wisp, a dark cloud still able to fire. When in this state enemies who enter have their accuracy reduced and allies gain the chance for bullets to pass through them, much like Echo himself (Or restrict to just Echo).

Passing spirit: Echo looks out to a location, marking it for travel. When set he wisp to the location, doing an AOE at the entrance and exit. Any enemy caught by the aoe or hit by the wave in travel will panic (or have a chance), having them perhaps proc radiation and attack each other. (Other ideas can be used for this or dropped fulled.)

Collector: Any dead enemy in the duration of this that Echo or his teammates walk over will collect spirits for a bar, when this bar is filled their are a few possibilities. Either those bodies become bombs and explode, they spirits number increases power damage (or another buff), or these spirits release from Echo and lash out at enemies in a homing style.

Alone: Echo places down a dark mist over an area, walking into it enemies get trapped, taking damage of time from the cloud. If players go in they gain a phasing chance, causing bullets to phase through.

Apperance

When I was thinking of it, this could very easily look like a hooded figure that most would expect. I say that incorporating the Ether design on the frame would be a must but maybe try something else. A good concept would maybe be to take from Loa, or voodoo culture for the look of the frame, perhaps dreads? (Joking, maybe.)

All in all this was a quick write up, just wanted to put the idea out there and talk about it with the community, see what you guys think of a ghost influenced frame, what powers would you like to see? What would you want it to look like? I'd love to hear it.

Edited by Recovery8

i absolutely love the concept of Possession

#2 looks either kinda OP or kinda Useless (depending if you allow to fire weapons or not)

#3 is... unclear? is it basically a teleport with double AoE (1 at starting point and 1 at destination) am i correct?

#4 mmhhh... it looks like a combination of M Prime, Desecrate are Roar? (pickin ONLY SOME aspects from those abilities)

All in all i like the base idea and i think you should further develop it because it looks promising

i absolutely love the concept of Possession

#2 looks either kinda OP or kinda Useless (depending if you allow to fire weapons or not)

#3 is... unclear? is it basically a teleport with double AoE (1 at starting point and 1 at destination) am i correct?

#4 mmhhh... it looks like a combination of M Prime, Desecrate are Roar? (pickin ONLY SOME aspects from those abilities)

All in all i like the base idea and i think you should further develop it because it looks promising

You've got #3 down, I made the thread when it was 4am my time waiting for the update, so forgive me. As for 2# the problem is trying to find a way to make it useful without being too OP.

I'm still thinking of ideas for powers, if you guys have anything you think would work just say it and I'll add it to the possibles :)

Ps. When I was thinking of it I specifically wanted to make him avoid stealth, simply because it'd be too easy with a ghost frame.