Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Download Speed Question

gaurdianaq

Question

So I'm all pumped about the new update and all... but maybe someone with more networking knowledge can explain this to me... I have a 60 Mbps download... my friend has a similar download speed... I live about 2 hours away from DE by car... my friend lives about 5 hours away from DE... by PLANE!

How is it he's downloading this update like 3 times faster than me... I'm the only one connected to my internet, I'm not downloading anything... only thing I could think of is he has an i7 processor and I have an AMD FX 6300... But at the speeds I'm getting now 22 Kbps that shouldn't make a difference...

My brain hurts...

UPDATE: I'm curious everyone here post whether you're using an intel or amd processor...

I have AMD...

Edited by gaurdianaq

I have google fiber, and I can't even hit 1mb/s. The warframe launcher downloads have always been horrible, and the new launcher just makes it worse. I'm lucky if I can even go past 30 kbs with this new launcher.

Edited by TheGuyverOne

It isn't about your speed, the server is overloaded, everyone is trying to download the patch at the same time.

That still doesn't explain how he finished patching it in 5 minutes... unless DE has multiple download servers and he's drawing from a less overloaded one...

this shizz takes for ever... F*** this i justs pent money again in this game and as "thank you" i get this @(*()$ slow download speed?

it has never taken THAT long. now it seem like i have towait 2 days for it to be completet.....................................

this shizz takes for ever... F*** this i justs pent money again in this game and as "thank you" i get this @(*()$ slow download speed?

it has never taken THAT long. now it seem like i have towait 2 days for it to be completet.....................................

2 days?

2 weeks!

My speed dropped to 5 kb/s.