Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Download Speed Question

gaurdianaq

Question

So I'm all pumped about the new update and all... but maybe someone with more networking knowledge can explain this to me... I have a 60 Mbps download... my friend has a similar download speed... I live about 2 hours away from DE by car... my friend lives about 5 hours away from DE... by PLANE!

How is it he's downloading this update like 3 times faster than me... I'm the only one connected to my internet, I'm not downloading anything... only thing I could think of is he has an i7 processor and I have an AMD FX 6300... But at the speeds I'm getting now 22 Kbps that shouldn't make a difference...

My brain hurts...

UPDATE: I'm curious everyone here post whether you're using an intel or amd processor...

I have AMD...

Edited by gaurdianaq

i think we should get extended time for the potato alert... (( i already got it before update )) but some people might sit on the download and couldnt do the alert because of this insane slow speed....

Edited by Vyra

I live in South 'Murica, and the speed is going between 400~800KB/s

Oh, right: 15MB download speed

pfff you have it good, I have a 60 Mb download speed and am only getting 20 KB/s... and I live nice and close by...

Everyone post whether you have an Intel or AMD processor...

Edited by gaurdianaq

Int

pfff you have it good, I have a 60 Mb download speed and am only getting 20 KB/s... and I live nice and close by...

Everyone post whether you have an Intel or AMD processor...

Intel® Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Edit: Download is at 40 kb/s right now

Edited by chaosking243

High five for using the same processor =P (Alienware 14?) but yeah, downloading at a steady 50kb/s, sometimes 200, nothing more. 

HP Envy-17. Love the processor, especially the boost it does. Usually run at around 3.6 GHz with it. Ive also got a NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2G dedicated graphics card in it, along with 8G RAM.

it started out with ~200KB for me. then dropped to 100, 60, 40... and I'm stuck with 7 for quite a while now. Started downloading right after release and am now at lousy 22%. - Though I guess I have some spikes in between where it goes up to ~400 ... or down to 400, yes down, to 400. 400B. 

(I've AMD too, btw - but haven't had a problem before. Was always at roughly 1MB - and more is not possible at my address, regardless of my own setup.)

EDIT: Of course the server is overloaded. - But the differences are quite big. Some get 1MB and others don't even get 1KB. I'd expect that the download speed is supposed to be pretty low overall at  ~100-400KB. 

Edited by JaviiMii