Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Download Speed Question

gaurdianaq

Question

So I'm all pumped about the new update and all... but maybe someone with more networking knowledge can explain this to me... I have a 60 Mbps download... my friend has a similar download speed... I live about 2 hours away from DE by car... my friend lives about 5 hours away from DE... by PLANE!

How is it he's downloading this update like 3 times faster than me... I'm the only one connected to my internet, I'm not downloading anything... only thing I could think of is he has an i7 processor and I have an AMD FX 6300... But at the speeds I'm getting now 22 Kbps that shouldn't make a difference...

My brain hurts...

UPDATE: I'm curious everyone here post whether you're using an intel or amd processor...

I have AMD...

Edited by gaurdianaq

tried using a VPN and the speed just boosted to 600kb/s, so I could say its bad networking on DE part....

interesting, which vpn did you use? I'm not personally gonna both because I have to leave and won't be back for like 7 hours but might be useful for others...

interesting, which vpn did you use? I'm not personally gonna both because I have to leave and won't be back for like 7 hours but might be useful for others...

its a private university one, so don't think it will help :)

omg

how the F'uck is the Downloadspeed related by the PC performande? (Sarcasm succesfully added)

It only depends on your Network connection if your colleague got the better connection he download faster.

BTW the speed is so fking slow because everyone wanna update now so just be patient.

Yah, LOTR should do ... in case you can add the Hobbit ... Or, if one's still stuck with the 10-40kb maybe you should pull out your fav. series with at least 2 seasons and watch that ... or just sleep A LOT. 

I got up to 90-140kb .... but that's still so far from good ... -.-' Well, whatever. I'll just let the computer run throughout the night and will see if tomorrow morning it's done or not... 

Yes if it will keep up like this i wil be able to play tommorow just stabalized to 40kb/s from the usual 5kb/s. anyone else noticed that these problems started instantly after the launcher got updated?

Forgot to mention this is with 100mb/s network.

Edited by Psihopats

3kb/s ill be able to get into the game .2 days after the event ends .. why dont they use P2P download system or steams..carrier pigons  any thing .faster then the speed of snail    been downloading since a lil after 1 pm its 6:24 atm loland only at 21%

Edited by cigma