The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracyst Is Too Weak. Please For God Sake Buff It

Necr0Ra1se

Paracyst is too weak for a clan tech weapon I hardly can kill lvl 5-7 greenir on mercury.  Paracyst doesn't have any CC functions a very it's a sucide to fight with it against group of enemies. Secondary fire even it has 100% to proc toxin doesn't save this weapon. This weapon in it's current state have no rights to be clan weapon netheir platinum that game ask for it.
Please for the sake of RNGesus buff it Dmg to 35-40 and status to 20-30 Or increase Dmg from secondary fire with 100% chance to deal toxin proc for surrouding enemies on hit or ad 4th burst but please don't abandon it in it's current state.  It's badass loking weapon but why it's so weak for a next step of mutation of mutalst quanta.

Sorry for Grammar

Paracyst is too weak for a clan tech weapon I hardly can kill lvl 5-7 greenir on mercury.  Paracyst doesn't have any CC functions a very it's a sucide to fight with it against group of enemies. Secondary fire even it has 100% to proc toxin doesn't save this weapon. This weapon in it's current state have no rights to be clan weapon netheir platinum that game ask for it.

Please for the sake of RNGesus buff it Dmg to 35-40 and status to 20-30 Or increase Dmg from secondary fire with 100% chance to deal toxin proc for surrouding enemies on hit or ad 4th burst but please don't abandon it in it's current state.  It's badass loking weapon but why it's so weak for a next step of mutation of mutalst quanta.

Sorry for Grammar

Read the forums.  People would say that's too powerful.

People cry out for nerfs constantly.  They *want* weak weapons, because it "makes the game more challenging", and... then never use that gun because it's too weak, instead opting to use their "less challenging" guns for runs.  Usually while running as a rhino or the like.

Go figure.

Personally, I'd want to see it more powerful.

People cry out for nerfs constantly.  They *want* weak weapons, because it "makes the game more challenging", and... then never use that gun because it's too weak, instead opting to use their "less challenging" guns for runs.  Usually while running as a rhino or the like.

Go figure.

This. So true.

The new guns are nothing but mastery fodder in their current form. Sadly, many people seem to be okay with that.

Edited by HolyDonut3

Go figure.

They don't want it to be like the Boltor Prime or Dread.... Because they already have it.

What is the point if a new OP gun is released and they need to re-forma it 4 to 5 times ?  :)

Also note to self, forma the new marelok asap !

Go figure.

There's a difference between wanting weak weapons and not wanting OP weapons. Chill out.

Go figure.

Where is it powerfull? What is it's stat is powerfull it' doesnt have ton of Dmg per burst(75 per 3 shots), no crit and a not very good status so how you can even talking about a nerf if it already underpowered?  This thing can't kill 20 lvl guner in the void when it in 30 rank. I don't ask for new op bolter prime i am asking for normal weapon for mid game. Secondary fire is a Waste you hardly to hit someone but when you hit mostly of a time it do nothin By the way the "D" polarity in the top left make me angry. So where is Paracyst is powerfull? Tell me please maybe i play wrong with it?

Where is it powerfull? What is it's stat is powerfull it' doesnt have ton of Dmg per burst(75 per 3 shots), no crit and a not very good status so how you can even talking about a nerf if it already underpowered?  This thing can't kill 20 lvl guner in the void when it in 30 rank. I don't ask for new op bolter prime i am asking for normal weapon for mid game. Secondary fire is a Waste you hardly to hit someone but when you hit mostly of a time it do nothin By the way the "D" polarity in the top left make me angry. So where is Paracyst is powerfull? Tell me please maybe i play wrong with it?

Not using Corrosive. Not placing shots properly.

Easily scales up to be a menace of a status chance weapon.( Split chamber and Malignant force:40% status )   Has incredible accuracy only drawn back by being non-hitscan.  D polarity isn't that big of a deal, swap it to the bottom right and turn it into a corrosive blast combo. Ammo efficient. Works well with Shred. Innate toxin damage makes it a very versatile weapon good against any faction .-.

Less QQ, more pew pew friend. 

I agree with OP. Its a very neat idea for a weapon, but is severely limited in application thanks to its bad damage. I think that if the base damage was buffed or status chance, it would become a fairly good weapon. Mine is now level 30 and it deals underwhelming amounts of damage. Perhaps it needs forma?

And about the alternate fire; So far the only use I have found for it is to grapple heavies to the ground and use a melee finisher on them. However, it does not seem to work correctly when you are not the host. I think it would be interesting if we could "Spiderman" with it the same way that Valkyr does with ripline, but... pretty sure thats asking too much xD

Edited by Westlo

Not using Corrosive. Not placing shots properly.

Easily scales up to be a menace of a status chance weapon.( Split chamber and Malignant force:40% status )   Has incredible accuracy only drawn back by being non-hitscan.  D polarity isn't that big of a deal, swap it to the bottom right and turn it into a corrosive blast combo. Ammo efficient. Works well with Shred. Innate toxin damage makes it a very versatile weapon good against any faction .-.

Less QQ, more pew pew friend. 

Are you kidding me? The numbers on it is just laughable, and the gimmicky alt fire is useless I am sorry but my tysis does more damage and it is just a market weapon. Shred doesn't benefit the alt fire, I wonder if you are the same kind of people that honestly think the buzlok is a powerful and effective weapon too. Don't bring the "just forma it" argument either. A weapon needs to stand strong within its own merits before you even consider adding a forma just to make it decent but still outclassed by weapons that only use up one catalyst. The weapon needs a better alt fire that compensates for the lack of damage and the S#&$ty polarity that requires the effort of removing. A charged shot similar to that of a the miter but fires a projectile that pins enemies against the wall and allow for concentrated damage on enemies so it can be viable against bosses. But for the love of god do not say this weapon has a chance in hell to be used regularly in every mission. The weapon is S#&$ compared to braton in dps has hitscan there is no excuse for this.

Who OWNS the gun, is it 3.3 shots per second, as stats say or actually 3.3 bursts each firing several rounds?  

if its only 3.3 shots per second for 25 dmg each, then its very weak.

In fact it has worse DPS than MK1 Braton!  High status chance doesn't save it.

Edited by Monolake

Who OWNS the gun, is it 3.3 shots per second, as stats say or actually 3.3 bursts each firing several rounds?  

if its only 3.3 shots per second for 25 dmg each, then its very weak.

In fact it has worse DPS than MK1 Braton!  High status chance doesn't save it.

I own the gun, and it is in fact 3.3 shots per second. 

So, does anyone who owns it want to test it with the new buffs?

If you are a fan of busrt type weapons and want killing machine take tiberon. Paracyst is more for fun weapon even with buffs. It's not a bad weapon problem is in the game mechanic. But i still think the hook must be some devastating ripline some sort of sniper hook.