The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Cutscenes Slowmotion And Qte (Quick Time Events)

Xero19

i was playing the new quest patient zero and i was at the part where you had to sabotage the ship and at that part i thought we were done but Alad V showed us the infested-warframe she/it just showed up like POP* 

so i thought why not putting a cutscene where she/it get dropped from somewhere or like run from a hallway so we are aware of her/it appearance (i know that there are some cutscenes in bossbattles)

same as mini bosses like the stalker G3 harvester and orokin vor  just a lil cutscene just to know that they are here 

but for making it look like a cutscene just add 2 black bars on the top and bottom like a movie 

well here comes the difficult part QTE aka. Quick Time Events: its a part where you have to push the rihgt button on the right time

add those QTE when you got normal bosses hp to 1 or 0  to make it look like a big deal because i killed like the easy bosses like jackel normal alad v etc etc well i know QTE and co-op is not easy to do because other players got like a huge and nice lagg that make you fail at that part but maybe on solo missions or on quest would be nice

or slowmotion whit the mini bosses slowmotion for everyone that is in the mission.

like killing one of the G3 BOOM slow motion whit the black bars and saying Leekter down same as stalker,harvester and orokin volt 

the only real cutscene (for me) was in the prologue where lotus was talking in the background 

i know this will change the game but i only had this idead from the patient zero quest where infested mesa appeared looked  derpy 

anyway thx for reading hope DE will read this too (>.o)9

So much ARGUMENTS against QTE.

Then name something pro. NO game needs QTE unless it's like heavy rain or something.

I'd even argue god of war and the likes are BAD because of the QTE. They get annoying fast and are no challenge but catch you off guard when you haven't played them which causes frustration.

Then name something pro. NO game needs QTE unless it's like heavy rain or something.

I'd even argue god of war and the likes are BAD because of the QTE. They get annoying fast and are no challenge but catch you off guard when you haven't played them which causes frustration.

Backstab, ground finisher and counter strike alredy have QTE form (1 button, short animation).

nonono QTE (just to throw in my -1 on this one)

Actually I'm against cutscenes too. They take away the control from me. I liked better the solution DE had in Vor's prize. I could still go on my way while listening to Vor's speech. 

As much as I am against QTEs for warframe, you can't deny the fact that QTEs do have some merit. It basically allow devs to mesh complex animations such as finishers and stuff into standard gameplay without completely taking away interactivity. It's funny you mention god of war since it probably wouldn't have gained as much popularity as it did without them. It gave boss battles a sense of impact and helped differentiate one enemy from another. It also helped Kratos seem like much more of a badass.

QTEs get panned mostly because they became overused and were commonly implemented incorrectly after their rise in popularity. While their original purpose was to provide more engagement during gameplay, devs started to put QTEs into cutscenes and the like. They also removed any warning beforehand so that the issue you mentioned became more prevalent. As opposed to how they were intended where QTEs would only trigger when intentionally started by the player(the big circle prompt in GoW was a dead giveaway that it was QTE time).

I don't really think you can argue that it provides no challenge since it basically boils down to timed button presses which is completely under the players control. As long as you are given a warning beforehand and such it can be considered an element of skillful engagement however shallow it may be.

All that said, I don't really know whether I'd want QTEs in warframe. If implemented poorly it could definitely be detrimental to the enjoyability of the game. It's really a matter of preference though. Imma vote no.

I always thought QTEs still exist in some games because developers are incompetent or maybe confuse players tolerating them with players liking them this is the first time i see someone legitimately wanting them. This was an interesting day. I didn't bought the new tomb raider because i heard it had QTEs if warframe starts using them i quit.