The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Locked Testing?!

mistopportunity

How does mastery rank measure activity at all? That's right, it doesn't.

It doesn't, so what?

And actually you should know one thing. If you haven't paid, you don't deserve anything. If you have, you simply don't meet the parameters they wanted. Sorry.

Edited by Filas312

Then how about fix that issue before letting anyone play?

Do you not understand what an alpha test is?

They need a small number of players to test the server for stability, they need input in order to find and fix problems before they launch the hubs officially.

Something that would take even longer if they tested it internally.

I came to this thread to be civil, but I'm sorry OP honestly you're a serious ninny.

The hubs, which run on DEDICATED SERVERS, can only handle so many people. You are pure daft if you really believe DE is trying to create some sort of rift between the player base. People with your mindset make me sick to my stomach. 

So don't act like some segregated victim when you clearly have no idea what the hubs are and how they work and DE's deliberate procedure.

Look, one of the easiest ways to limit the amount of people coming in (because it would be even more of a nightmare if everyone could access) while reliably ensuring that they've played the game at least long enough to know what to fix is to select from two groups: founders and high mastery rank. That's saying nothing on people who ain't founders/high MRs, feasibly some non founders/HMRs are more experienced than some founders and HMRs, but even more non founder/HMRs aren't. So sit tight, you'll get yours.

I came to this thread to be civil, but I'm sorry OP honestly you're a serious ninny.

The hubs, which run on DEDICATED SERVERS, can only handle so many people. You are pure daft if you really believe DE is trying to create some sort of rift between the player base. People with your mindset make me sick to my stomach. 

So don't act like some segregated victim when you clearly have no idea what the hubs are and how they work and DE's deliberate procedure.

this OP is the al sharpton of warframe obviously

Then how about fix that issue before letting anyone play?

that's exactly what the point of having it closed off to a smaller group of people, MR15+/founders, is doing right now. it's a smaller group of people to test it rather than if they just let anyone MR2 and above test it, that's way too many people. last i was in the hub there was definitely less than maybe 50 people and it wasn't all that fun having less than 15 fps and walking around would eventually just crash the game.

Well this is an open beta for everyone to test. If they wanted that they could have just made another closed beta again.

Which is exactly what they did.

There are issues with the hubs that cannot be tested from one office. Computers from different parts of the world, vastly different hardware and internets, players actively trying to exploit, stuff like that. So, they needed to do an open test. However, they didn't want the whole Warframe community descending on the hubs and their servers getting rekt by the massive influx of players, so they let a smaller group in for their initial tests. 

I'm honestly not sure what your problem here is. 

its stuff like this, i believe warframe will never have a true endgame scene. my god you have people already whining about being locked out of a test. imagine what will happen when endgame content rolls out and rank 1 newbies aint able to participate in.....

They likely needed enough people to stress the server, but not enough to break it.  Mastery 15 seems a logical way to do this.

They'll call on the rest of us when they are ready to see at what point the server breaks and what they need to do to shore it up against heavier loads.

Do you not understand what an alpha test is?

They need a small number of players to test the server for stability, they need input in order to find and fix problems before they launch the hubs officially.

Sooo we are waiting 'offically' for hubs to launch so we can 'offically' give feedback and bug reports?

Sooo we are waiting 'offically' for hubs to launch so we can 'offically' give feedback and bug reports?

No, you complete moron.

Founders and people MR15 or higher get to experience a S#&$ty, boring, laggy and crash-eccentric hub.

People under MR15 that aren't founders (Like myself) get to continue enjoying the game while other people suffer an extremely painful alpha test.

They suffer for the final product.

We don't.

Now shut up, this thread should've been locked a while ago.

It's a way to collect metrics, how dense can you be. The sense of entitlement is too strong, why not just wait for the thing, you're not missing anything holy hell...

its stuff like this, i believe warframe will never have a true endgame scene. my god you have people already whining about being locked out of a test. imagine what will happen when endgame content rolls out and rank 1 newbies aint able to participate in.....

The whole open beta is a test, do you understand that?!

It's a way to collect metrics, how dense can you be. The sense of entitlement is too strong, why not just wait for the thing, you're not missing anything holy hell...

Entitled about what? I'm not a founder, I'm not mastery rank 15, and I'm not defending something I proceed to bash.

Mods please lock..I'm gonna get cancer from this super-dense guy, denser than rhino p's iron skin.

Stupid cancer?